Nunes Pena 2....

Who wins the rematch?

• Total voters
That's how shallow wmma is. Champs vs Champs vs Champs vs interim Champs vs Champs
everybody knows wmma is a wasteland. atleast with bullet potentially being double champ. she speaks 4 different languages, so ufc can probably make more money off her than nunes being double champ. lol

Once people start rewatching the fight they will see that Nunes would win the rematch. All Nunes has to do is decide she wants to point fight. She followed Pena down onto the ground and laughed her way through the first round. She then brawled in the 2nd round for no reason other than to prove a point. Nunes has grinde dout hard fights before against better competition.

I give Pena a ton of credit though. She psyched Nunes out better than anyone in history. She got in her head, she made her trade, and she made her quit. Nunes absolutely quit. All Nunes has to do in the rematch is use her technique and fight smart and win a decision.

Nunes looked done once she realised Pena wasn't going anywhere, she gassed and got sloppy. I think Pena can beat her again, it was no fluke. The jab played a huge part in the win for Pena. Stiff, straight down the pipe and Nunes has no head movement, none. I think Pena just needs to survive the firs two rounds and take Nunes into deep waters again. Nunes looked lost in there, Pena was happy to go toe-to-toe and eat some shots. Looked like Nunes wanted out near the end.

Seems like Pena may just have her number and she now knows the blueprint, has the psychological battle already won.

Pena by TKO in the rematch probably in the same sort of manner IMO. She has the grit and heart to get through. Nunes will fade again.

All this talk about Nunes taking it seriously is silly. She was unable to bully Pena and was getting caught, that is terribly taxing and Amanda has always had a suspect gas tank when she is challenged and not just teeing off on people.

She got beat up and gassed out, she got taken down and quit, the end.

Even Pena's corner were saying that it was playing out in their favor and talking about singles for a grind. Nunes's gas tank was the target all along. I just didn't realize how tough Pena is.

Nunes will try and run and leg kick her to death like she tried with Valentina in the second match. That is the only way she knows how to deal with girls who are tough enough to stifle her size and power advantage. Hopefully, Pena's team anticipates this and prepares. I would like to see Pena gas her out and make her quit again.

Yeah well the thing is if Nunes fights that boring type of fight she likely will win. She definitely quit this fight. She tried to blitz Pena in the 2nd and failed.

"It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas"

Nunes severely underestimated her opponent as well as the rest of the world

Nunes actually needs to train again :D
There is no way she had trained properly for this fight.

Nunes didn’t look like herself at all: winging punches, out struck by a grappler, seemingly gassed quick, tapped instead of fighting a choke. It was either a fixed fight or she was compromised by COVID and injuries going in, nothing else explains the sharp decline in a few months time. If she’s healthy and it’s a legit fight, she smashes Pena in a rematch.

Yeah well the thing is if Nunes fights that boring type of fight she likely will win. She definitely quit this fight. She tried to blitz Pena in the 2nd and failed.

She could win using the boring method, in fact, that is what I am concerned about.

In my opinion, Pena needs to work on competently dealing with leg kicks as I assume Nunes's camp will put a fair bit of stock in a kick heavy plan. She also needs to go with her original plan again which is go after the gas tank, stick to her like glue and make her work hard. Pena is proficient enough on the ground that she should always be in less danger there and has the ability to make her work, even if she is on the bottom.

Being that Pena is not scared to go to the ground, I would hope her coaches drill a good body kick plan into her arsenal. Body kicking a gasser is money in the bank.

Back