Elections NYT: Majority See Biden Too Old To Be Effective

Pretty decent chance she either was dealing with seizures during that time.

Body double wasn’t guaranteed, but possible.

What % believe Clinton used a body double after collapsing during the 16 campaign?

Id be in that bunch.

Maybe this isn’t true, but the satanic connection stuff with that artist was weird. Also it was definitely a body double!!!

Hilary may not be a lizard person, but she definitely had a body double who came out briefly after suffering a seizure during the 2016 campaign.

Etc.

Walking it back to the still-crazy "pretty decent chance" because you want more credibility on this one is kind of pathetic. And I would bet you were a Birther in 2008 who then gradually walked it back to "it's probably not true but why oh why won't he show his long-form birth certificate" and then eventually denied ever buying it. Probably also thought Kerry faked his Purple Heart. In 2028, you'll be denying that you called Biden senile/corrupt while pushing the latest sick partisan attack.

Republicans were saying this exact same bullshit in 2020, and then there was a debate, and Biden humiliated Trump, spawning crazy theories about him taking PEDs and leading to Trump skipping the next one. Trump is sounding even worse now, and I very much doubt that Trump will debate him.

And, yeah, rob (one of the hacks pushing the "Biden is senile" bullshit the hardest) still insists that Clinton was using a body double (not sure if he thinks she actually died or was just doing it temporarily), if you want to know about his credibility when it comes to assessing GOP propaganda.
Biden isnt on the campaign trail unlike trump. So trump is just happily sucking up the news cycle. Biden not doing interviews doesnt do him favors. So we are getting nothing but trump. I dont know who is advising him but biden has to come out and challenge trump. Put the pressure on trump on doing debates. Make him look he wants to back out. Then ask why is he so scared? Anyway. The bar has been set so low by the right and news media that it makes it an easy hurdle for biden to clear. Thats if he does clear it.

Not the word. I said that Biden wasn't nonsensical. It's not about the word choice; it's the concept. The difference between the two of them is that Biden is actually sharp and can talk about policy, but he stutters or missteps sometimes (like everyone, TBH), while Trump cannot make sense for more than a sentence at a time. He doesn't even seem to have a clue about the areas of disagreement.
Please weigh in on the point.

Voters see instability as preferable to age induced decline.

I think this is likely the meaning behind the poles right now, but I'm guessing people will rethink that as the election gets closer. I think a bunch of Democrats are pissed off at the Democratic party and trying to make a point but when it comes to voting time I think reason will prevail.

It's not objectively better to have Trump than Biden even though Biden is declining mentally and the reason for that is because Trump in his prime is despicably unqualified to be president. He's a self-serving cretan, bully, narcissist and maybe worse. Trump is mentally unfit to be president, but he's also emotionally and psychologically unfit to be president. He cannot serve the country. He can only serve himself. When he's sharp and focused he's a danger to the country.

I think Biden is declining and I don't think it's crazy too assess him that way. I do think right-wing propaganda crops videos of Biden dishonestly and adds scary music the way conspiracy theory videos do to make him look worse than he really is though.

Still Biden will put together a decent cabinet in his second term just like he did in his first term. Whereas Trump will put in family members fools and f****** idiots!!

Partisan stuff aside, the whole situation is a ridiculous train wreck and I can't believe we're here as a country. The last eight years has shattered my faith in this country profoundly.
Trump lost because people voted against Trump. Just like Trump won because people voted against Hillary. Trump is basically an Orange Hillary with bigger man boobs.
The worst thing for Biden is to be way up going in the election because the people who were motivated to vote for Biden as an FU to Trump will stay away.
The best thing for Biden is to show him slightly down heading into November, because the one voter polls never get right is the young voter. The young voter curb stomped the WI Supreme court vote and countless abortion bills that tried to pass in purple or slightly leaning GOP states. Hell they voted it down in Kansas of all places. The stats for those votes show time and time again young voters coming out way higher than expected. Trumps base decreases every day, because he is big with boomers, they are dying. If the youth vote is motivated again, Trump is fucked. He loses by at least 10 million in popular vote this time.

Biden isnt on the campaign trail unlike trump. So trump is just happily sucking up the news cycle. Biden not doing interviews doesnt do him favors. So we are getting nothing but trump. I dont know who is advising him but biden has to come out and challenge trump. Put the pressure on trump on doing debates. Make him look he wants to back out. Then ask why is he so scared? Anyway. The bar has been set so low by the right and news media that it makes it an easy hurdle for biden to clear. Thats if he does clear it.
That’s the issue. He can’t do that.

Poll shows what we all know.

13% say he’s no longer capable of the job but will still vote for him. Sounds like a few posters here.

So, what do you think?

Age is a huge issue coming into this election cycle.

Will Biden yell at the moderator of the debate when they bring up that voters think he’s too old?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/03/us/politics/biden-age-trump-poll.html
Biden probably won't debate this time around. If he does it will be once like last time where they give him the questions in advance.

Biden probably won't debate this time around. If he does it will be once like last time where they give him the questions in advance.
trump backed out of the third debate...after losing the first two..
Really wild how people have this view of trump as some big brained tough guy and just make stuff up about him that never happened

Please weigh in on the point.

Voters see instability as preferable to age induced decline.
Trump has age-induced decline. Much, much worse.

I would agree that the media has been imbalanced on this, attacking Biden much more, largely because there's much less other stuff to criticize him for.

Trump has age-induced decline. Much, much worse.

I would agree that the media has been imbalanced on this, attacking Biden much more, largely because there's much less other stuff to criticize him for.
So, your position is that despite Trump having much worse aged induced decline, voters in the polls reflect a more negative response to Biden’s age due to the media imbalance?

So, your position is that despite Trump having much worse aged induced decline, voters in the polls reflect a more negative response to Biden’s age due to the media imbalance?
Did you see Trumps eyes go nuts in the tweet I posted after he slurred his words. If a relative did that I would take them to the hospital to ensure it is not a stroke. Right wing media wont report it, and the left wing media is too busy reporting on Trump 91 counts, Gold Sneakers, NFT's and all the other non Presidential shit he does. The thing it is getting to the point that since Trump continually refers to Obama as the current President it is getting harder to not report it.
I can honestly say Trump has gotten way worse with it the last couple months. I mean he always verbal gaffed but now it is turning to slurring and bug eyes.

Did you see Trumps eyes go nuts in the tweet I posted after he slurred his words. If a relative did that I would take them to the hospital to ensure it is not a stroke. Right wing media wont report it, and the left wing media is too busy reporting on Trump 91 counts, Gold Sneakers, NFT's and all the other non Presidential shit he does. The thing it is getting to the point that since Trump continually refers to Obama as the current President it is getting harder to not report it.
I can honestly say Trump has gotten way worse with it the last couple months. I mean he always verbal gaffed but now it is turning to slurring and bug eyes.
I don’t think Trump is of sound mind but that clip is a little less than convincing. 6 seconds between words.

Once again, I think Trump is nuts and believe there are way worse clips.

trump backed out of the third debate...after losing the first two..
Really wild how people have this view of trump as some big brained tough guy and just make stuff up about him that never happened
"Really wild how people have this view of trump as some big brained tough guy."

Who has the view of Trump being big brained? FYI, I don't like Trump.

I think if we're being honest, we know that the situation would be largely unchanged under Trump, but the same people screeching about it would just stop talking about it. This isn't any of our first rodeos, is it?
I can't tell if you're being willfully ignorant or just plain lying?

Trump had 4 years in office, and the border was no where near the disaster we see today.

Biden dumped Trump's policies his first week in office, and now we have a crisis.

It's C. I am correct. Again, we all know how this works (see debt hysteria, the alleged unreliability of unemployment stats and more).
Trump had 4 years in office, and the border was no where near the disaster we see today.

Biden dumped Trump's policies his first week in office, and now we have a crisis.
There is actually very little in the way of policy changes. The bigger real change (as opposed to the aforementioned news emphasis change) is more abuse of the asylum system, which isn't a policy change. And note that it's Republicans blocking reforms there (led by Trump, NB).

It absolutely was. Were you living under a fucking rock? 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

It's C. I am correct. Again, we all know how this works (see debt hysteria, the alleged unreliability of unemployment stats and more).

There is actually very little in the way of policy changes. The bigger real change (as opposed to the aforementioned news emphasis change) is more abuse of the asylum system, which isn't a policy change. And note that it's Republicans blocking reforms there (led by Trump, NB).
Man... you are full of shit.

Biden ran on immigration reform and some of his first moves as president were to rescind Trumps border policies. Now we are reaping what this administration has sown.

Back