O’Malleys coach is bad for him

ifindgifsforjackslack

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That ginger dude in his corner didn’t give him any advice. He literally sounded like a desperate cheerleader. Even Edmond called out tactics no matter how late and hopeless. This guys just repeatedly saying you can beat him or your too fast for him. Like an absolute hype man.

I didn’t think O’Malley was that good but clearly he’s talented as hell and going into the future I don’t think this guys the right coach for O’Malley. It’s like if instead of just being conors butt buddy, artem was his coach.

I’m too lazy to find the footage at the moment but may do it tomorrow, but His coach said in between the first and the second “HES TOO FAST FOR YOU!”

Tldr : coach offered no tactical insight, just almost begging O’Malley to keep his name alive. O’Malley should move to a legit camp

That ginger dude in his corner didn’t give him any advice. He literally sounded like a desperate cheerleader. Even Edmond called out tactics no matter how late and hopeless. This guys just repeatedly saying you can beat him or your too fast for him. Like an absolute hype man.

I didn’t think O’Malley was that good but clearly he’s talented as hell and going into the future I don’t think this guys the right coach for O’Malley. It’s like if instead of just being conors butt buddy, artem was his coach.

I’m too lazy to find the footage at the moment but may do it tomorrow, but His coach said in between the first and the second “HES TOO FAST FOR YOU!”

Tldr : coach offered no tactical insight, just almost begging O’Malley to keep his name alive. O’Malley should move to a legit camp
Pretty sure in the first round he told O'Malley "He's too fast for you!" and then right before the round started he got it right and told him "You're too fast for him!"

Sounded to me like he convinced O'Malley between rounds he could do it.

It sounded based on Sean's post fight, that he really had to dig deep mentally to fight Yan for 15 minutes.

Seemed like the coach may have helped in that regard. That was my takeaway from the fight.

Sean was doing just fine in the fight. His coach was just guiding his fighter by pumping him up mentally. Plenty of coaches don’t have to tell their fighter to make adjustments.

Even though the Ginger Fury has all the makings of a yes man Edmund type, this fight didn’t show it.

Sean was doing just fine in the fight. His coach was just guiding his fighter by pumping him up mentally. Plenty of coaches don’t have to tell their fighter to make adjustments.

Even though the Ginger Fury has all the makings of a yes man Edmund type, this fight didn’t show it.

A good coach will call the fighters momma a bitch if it gets the win lol...don't you sleep?

Pretty sure in the first round he told O'Malley "He's too fast for you!" and then right before the round started he got it right and told him "You're too fast for him!"
Nah man, he said he's too fast for him, which made Sean adjust his game plan which allowed Sean to now be the faster one. 400 fight IQ

The coach obviously misspoke. He clearly meant the opposite and corrected himself shortly after. It happens.

This is a very disingenuous post through and through. I'm disappointed in you, whoever you are.

Do you see the videos his coach does? It seems like he’s more interested in being his gym buddy, making all these goofy videos and stuff, seems very immature.

He did tell him to throw a knee up the middle because Yan was ducking into punch's right before the 3rd round

Do you see the videos his coach does? It seems like he’s more interested in being his gym buddy, making all these goofy videos and stuff, seems very immature.
I try to avoid most O'Malley content but I remember when he was on JRE years ago and the red headed dude basically took over the podcast. I felt like I was watching his podcast and Joe and O'Malley were the guests.

Tim Welch isn’t a good trainer imo.
Chael recently said that Tim was a guy that just knew more about MMA than a lot of the other people in the sport. What that means to you, or anyone else, depends on how much stock you put into Chael's youtube content.

1st break: Told him to use the left power hand in southpaw stance.
-> O Malley lands a knockdown exactly like that
2nd break: Told him to move more and keep the distance
-> O Malley comfortably outscores Yan

So Ts clearly doesn't know what he is talking.

Last edited:
probably didn’t need the last two words in this thread title

When I first saw that dude on O'Malley's YouTube, I thought wow Canelo finally learned English.

Back