October PBC David Benavidez vs David Morrell

Damn good fight. Was hoping for Benavidez/Canelo but definitely wont complain about this.

As I suspected. The alleged $50m deal from Benavidez was a faux offer. Otherwise they'd have waited longer than 9 days for Team Canelo to review it and respond. They were always going after Morrell it appears. It's the second best fight in the division and they'd be wise to fight Morrell before he gets even better. I will give them props though if they take this. They didn't have to.

Why did Canelo vs Benavidez talks die so quickly?
Probably because Benavidez's offer wasn't genuine. Nobody reviews an offer that big, which takes a team of lawyers to look over, in just a week's time. What if Team Canelo wanted to make a counter offer? It appears that Morrell was always their plan. Notice how quickly they moved on. Says it all, really.

The talks have not died yet relax people are too naive. Samson is just playing games publicly to put pressure on. Still time to work on things.

i wasn't sold on morrell a year ago, but i definitely am now. he's a southpaw, he's a monstrous athlete, he has a longass reach, legit KO power, and to top it off he's a brilliant boxer.

honestly, the only equalizer in this fight as far as i'm concerned is their durability. benavidez feeds off of his opponents fading, and morrell has looked like he's slowing down in later portions of some of his fights. but dear god he's a wrecking ball the entire way there.
I still think David is the favorite and wouldn't be surprised if he overwhelmed Morrell late. However wouldn't be too shocked if Morrell upset him. This is one of those fights I dont make picks and just want to see the best go win and get a Canelo sweepstakes.

This is a great fight. Respect to Benevidez if he takes this fight.

The talks have not died yet relax people are too naive. Samson is just playing games publicly to put pressure on. Still time to work on things.
According to the guy whose name you just dropped they have. Benavidez is fighting Morrell in October. You speak as if you're actually privy to what's going on behind-the-scenes. I'll take Sampson's word over yours. Thanks.

According to the guy whose name you just dropped they have. Benavidez is fighting Morrell in October. You speak as if you're actually privy to what's going on behind-the-scenes. I'll take Sampson's word over yours. Thanks.

Nah I just have common sense lol.

As I suspected. The alleged $50m deal from Benavidez was a faux offer. Otherwise they'd have waited longer than 9 days for Team Canelo to review it and respond. They were always going after Morrell it appears. It's the second best fight in the division and they'd be wise to fight Morrell before he gets even better. I will give them props though if they take this. They didn't have to.
That didnt cross my mind at first because Morrell/Benavidez is a barn burner and awesome for us viewers, but it does seem disingenuous to put out a supposed offer like that then have another fight signed off days later lol.

Right from the Tyson Fury playbook.

That didnt cross my mind at first because Morrell/Benavidez is a barn burner and awesome for us viewers, but it does seem disingenuous to put out a supposed offer like that then have another fight signed off days later lol.

Right from the Tyson Fury playbook.
Team Canelo technically didn't even get the full 9 days after we account for business days. A $50m offer my ass. That really was a page right out of Fury's playbook.

Benavidez Sr. got on the phone and tried to make the Jaime Munguia fight right during Jaime's post fight press conference...
Lmao.... So from fighting Canelo to straight cherry picking a vulnerable easy lick... lmao

Benavidez Sr. got on the phone and tried to make the Jaime Munguia fight right during Jaime's post fight press conference...
Lmao.... So from fighting Canelo to straight cherry picking a vulnerable easy lick... lmao

{<jordan}

Pointless fight for both. Hope its just a rumor. Canelo fans rejoicing if its true though.

a killer fight for nothing to gain for benavidez and everything to lose though. if he beats morrell he beat a 9-0 prospect.

Back