No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Great another Beta. At least let us keep our progression that would actually make me want to do it. Oh well at least I can try some more classes and see what I want to go with.

Another Beta the weekend on my birthday. Also took off the week it comes out. Looking forward to it. Hope it delivers.

I’m probably going to skip this one. I’ve already spent a godly amount of hours in Fractured Peaks that doing another run would be a little much. Especially if I had to Re-Do the whole thing for a 4th time.

‘Maps’ is the end game mechanic in POE

Maps can be so brutal if you get things like reflection. I also liked to play delve when i wanted to chill and listen to music.

I might actually play the upcoming beta. I've been playing Poe off and on ever since i plat'd D3 and i'm hoping D4 is gonna be good.

Maps can be so brutal if you get things like reflection. I also liked to play delve when i wanted to chill and listen to music.

I might actually play the upcoming beta. I've been playing Poe off and on ever since i plat'd D3 and i'm hoping D4 is gonna be good.

I do enjoy Maps and am having fun running through them, but some things really bug me. Like, I can just get deleted in Map 3 out of nowhere without any idea of wtf just happened. Sure, my rez should all be at 75% but even at 50% on one I get one shot. It's just jarring.

What excites me about D4 (and POE2) is that I'll be here for all the seasonal mechanics. There are plenty in POE that are really confusing (Syndicate, Heists). So, being around when they kick off will really help because we'll all be learning them together.

I do enjoy Maps and am having fun running through them, but some things really bug me. Like, I can just get deleted in Map 3 out of nowhere without any idea of wtf just happened. Sure, my rez should all be at 75% but even at 50% on one I get one shot. It's just jarring.

What excites me about D4 (and POE2) is that I'll be here for all the seasonal mechanics. There are plenty in POE that are really confusing (Syndicate, Heists). So, being around when they kick off will really help because we'll all be learning them together.

Oh yeah for sure, i can run through some maps and can wipe Atziri no prob, and then other maps i get sniped from off screen and i'm dead, all that XP gone and it takes so long to build it back up.

Oh and i love that after years of PoE being out, they still haven't fixed prison having invisible enemies for some people. I do love PoE but it has its issues for sure.

Sure, my rez should all be at 75% but even at 50% on one I get one shot.

the difference between 75 and 50 is twice as much damage. also, you should be overcapped due to curses.

staying alive was generally pretty easy if you had some kind of layered defenses, as long as you weren't just standing in slams/dot. people's general problems were not identifying slams or being in denial that they were glassy, thinking that hp/ehp was all that mattered.

Oh yeah for sure, i can run through some maps and can wipe Atziri no prob, and then other maps i get sniped from off screen and i'm dead, all that XP gone and it takes so long to build it back up.

Oh and i love that after years of PoE being out, they still haven't fixed prison having invisible enemies for some people. I do love PoE but it has its issues for sure.

64uLZ2b.jpg

according to steam i have no life. this was long after i had already played the game on the original client for a long time before linking my poe account to steam. no other game even comes close to touching the amount of time ive sank into path of exile. i had to step away from the game like half a year ago cause it was consuming my life, and the exalt nerf pissed me right the fuck off.

never did get a chance to put on my mageblood belt i had pretty much sold the farm just to acquire. and i had 800 or so exalts i was going to use to do another build around that mageblood, but then after some kind of Q&A livestream with the developers about the upcoming changes in the new season, my exalts became practically worthless overnight after they nerfed the exalt orbs and the divine orbs became the standard sought after currency for high value'd non-mirror tier items, and i wasnt able to exchange my exalts for divines in time before the exalt value plummetted.

i spent so much time farming and trading just to min/max all my builds and then build my wealth, only for my wealth to pretty much disappear overnight due to a senseless change by the developers that nobody ever asked for. it was a real kick in the dick and i havent been able to get over it.

Last edited:
the difference between 75 and 50 is twice as much damage. also, you should be overcapped due to curses.

staying alive was generally pretty easy if you had some kind of layered defenses, as long as you weren't just standing in slams/dot. people's general problems were not identifying slams or being in denial that they were glassy, thinking that hp/ehp was all that mattered.

i would top all my resistances at 109 before buffs. but thats just me. because there are curses and map/delve mods that can bring down your resistances by like 34%. with endurance charges you can mitigate that as well by gaining extra resistance per charge, but you cant always rely on endurance charges, especially if youre using immortal call + CWDT because then its just gonna be discharging them all of the time and if you take a hard slam before you can get them back up again it could end up KO'ing you if you are well undercapped.

chaos resist never used to be important but now there are a bunch of different types of bosses that can inflict some pretty heavy poison/chaos damage so it never hurts to find a way to mitigate chaos damage as well if you arent able to avoid it altogether. getting immunity to corrupted blood is far more important though. you should be able to corrupt that affix onto a jewel or something. corrupted blood will fair dinkum fuck you up before you even know what happened. kinda like accidentally running the wrong reflect map, only just not quite as instant of a death.

Last edited:
I think this game is going to be perfect me. I loved going back to D2R and even with all its archaic design (being a 20 year old game) I still enjoy it more than D3. I don't HATE D3 as much as some people, but it does feel a lot like a giant slot machine just pulling that lever for higher numbers. D4 seems to at least take some things from D2 to heart, but in a more casual way. Which is fine by me.

D4 clearly doesn't compete with PoE. It can't and it won't. I usually can only get about 5-10 hours of gaming in a week including weekends these days. D4 seems to shape up to be the perfect game for that. Run some dungeons, get some loot, experiment with some builds without being too complicated.

For some die hard ARPG min maxers this game will no doubt be too shallow, but I like the confidence Blizzard shows in what it wants to do with this game so far. It has this clear "casual fun with some build variety" vibe and I'm down with it.

I think this game is going to be perfect me. I loved going back to D2R and even with all its archaic design (being a 20 year old game) I still enjoy it more than D3. I don't HATE D3 as much as some people, but it does feel a lot like a giant slot machine just pulling that lever for higher numbers. D4 seems to at least take some things from D2 to heart, but in a more casual way. Which is fine by me.

D4 clearly doesn't compete with PoE. It can't and it won't. I usually can only get about 5-10 hours of gaming in a week including weekends these days. D4 seems to shape up to be the perfect game for that. Run some dungeons, get some loot, experiment with some builds without being too complicated.

For some die hard ARPG min maxers this game will no doubt be too shallow, but I like the confidence Blizzard shows in what it wants to do with this game so far. It has this clear "casual fun with some build variety" vibe and I'm down with it.

One of my biggest gripes about PoE is that for all its "build variety" (which is in and of itself a whole other conversation), it's the time investment to trying a new build. You don't try a build in PoE, you commit to it.

Ultimately that means that, even if there's a million viable builds, you're going to be actually playing a small portion of them compared to something like D3 where you just change your build on the fly. I tried every build I wanted to in D3. Sometimes there was a build on PoE that seemed cool and fun, but then I remember the time investment and just thought "oh, fuck it" and played something else.

So there's a trade off there between variety and actual player experience.

I'm also not a fan of PoEs actual combat. As in the click-click experience. Their skill variety is super cool, but it's just kind of boring and seems to frequently turn in to spamming one skill 90 percent of the time.

But like you said, it appeals to different groups. They're both arpgs but they're also really different in how they approach player experience. For me the actual button clicky combat is one of the most important aspects to holding my interest. Then for other people it's about building optimal combat efficiency. They're just two different experiences and they appeal to two different groups. There's plenty of room for both.

Last edited:
One of my biggest gripes about PoE is that for all its "build variety" (which is in and of itself a whole other conversation), it's the time investment to trying a new build. You don't try a build in PoE, you commit to it.

Ultimately that means that, even if there's a million viable builds, you're going to be actually playing a small portion of them compared to something like D3 where you just change your build on the fly. I tried every build I wanted to in D3. Sometimes there was a build on PoE that seemed cool and fun, but then I remember the time investment and just thought "oh, fuck it" and played something else.

So there's a trade off there between variety and actual player experience.

I'm also not a fan of PoEs actual combat. As in the click-click experience. Their skill variety is super cool, but it's just kind of boring and seems to frequently turn in to spamming one skill 90 percent of the time.

But like you said, it appeals to different groups. They're both arpgs but they're also really different in how they approach player experience. For me the actual button clicky combat is one of the most important aspects to holding my interest. Then for other people it's about combat efficiency. They're just two different experiences and they appeal to two different groups. There's plenty of room for both.

Solid points. It will be interesting to see where this game lands in a few years. How will the hardcore players help guide the game once the casuals leave.

it's the time investment to trying a new build.

it's relative, but i don't think that's all that long. basically a few hours. which, again, is relative. i can see that being a long time for some (eg, compared to other games, yeah), but in poe season terms, it's... really not.

So apparently if you want take part in the new seasons you need to start a new character? Why are they doing that? Who wants to be forced to start a new character every 3 months?

Back