Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

I swear they will say it in the city and I spin around like "what ladder?".
Just started playing heavily yesterday and every time I hear them chatter about the damn ladder I tell them to “go” and I’m finding myself running in circles. It’s annoying af.

I’m really enjoying the game so far. I love the team element as most 3rd person RPGs are solo adventures. I’m mixing between Fighter and Warrior. Not sure if I should be doing that but whatever.

What does suck so far is that I feel like I’m only fighting goblins and lizard people. We’re also in 2024, you can have more lines spoke between characters instead of hearing the same 15 things. I’m a full proponent of AI when it comes to this.

Just started playing heavily yesterday and every time I hear them chatter about the damn ladder I tell them to “go” and I’m finding myself running in circles. It’s annoying af.

I’m really enjoying the game so far. I love the team element as most 3rd person RPGs are solo adventures. I’m mixing between Fighter and Warrior. Not sure if I should be doing that but whatever.

What does suck so far is that I feel like I’m only fighting goblins and lizard people. We’re also in 2024, you can have more lines spoke between characters instead of hearing the same 15 things. I’m a full proponent of AI when it comes to this.
The pawns chatter needs improvement. Would be cool to see AI actually make it interesting. The monster variety feels a bit lacking. The big fights help make up for it but those start feeling recycled as well. Here's hoping DLC fixes some of this.

Has anyone experienced the pawn disease the pawns are talking about?

Not yet. From what I've heard if I see one of my pawns acting weird I'm picking him up and chucking him in a lake.
Ive been hiring male straightforward fighter pawns and feel like chucking them into a lake. They act annoyingly cocky, I wonder if it's the disease.

Ive been hiring male straightforward fighter pawns and feel like chucking them into a lake. They act annoyingly cocky, I wonder if it's the disease.
Red eyes is the giveaway.

If you're going to make fast travel some niche thing in a game, you better be sure to build a world that has exciting things to do. So far, Dragons Dogma isn't fulfilling that requirement. Traveling feels like an ARPG. You walk 15 feet, Goblins, you walk another 15 feet Harpies, you walk another 15 feet wolves. Rinse & Repeat. Sure, you can use ferrystones but often times they're a waste since the town you want to go to is relatively down the street.

I'm either at Level 24 or 27 (I don't recall 100%) but I feel like I have a lot of the game down. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of fun to have in the game during your first 10-15 hours. But, after that, it becomes reminiscent of a Ubisoft game. Except with Ubisoft, you can actually find the items they point out on your map. In Dragons Dogma the ! informs you there's something there but they're either so poorly mixed in with the background you can't spot them or your Pawns run in circles when you tell them to go find it. On top of that, chests are rarely worth the extra 10 minutes running in circles trying to find it. It seems like a conscious decision to get you to waste your time.

When you're fighting the same enemies over and over again (don't even get me started on the larger monsters terrible loot) the game becomes a repetitive slog. I know "this is how DD1 was" is a thing, however, there's still no excuse. DD2 has 20 unique enemies, Hogwarts has 69 and Elden Ring has 140. Forcing a player to use an item to fast travel makes this issue so much more evident. Btw, the Slime is one of the laziest enemies in all of gaming.

If you're going to make fast travel some niche thing in a game, you better be sure to build a world that has exciting things to do. So far, Dragons Dogma isn't fulfilling that requirement. Traveling feels like an ARPG. You walk 15 feet, Goblins, you walk another 15 feet Harpies, you walk another 15 feet wolves. Rinse & Repeat. Sure, you can use ferrystones but often times they're a waste since the town you want to go to is relatively down the street.

I'm either at Level 24 or 27 (I don't recall 100%) but I feel like I have a lot of the game down. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of fun to have in the game during your first 10-15 hours. But, after that, it becomes reminiscent of a Ubisoft game. Except with Ubisoft, you can actually find the items they point out on your map. In Dragons Dogma the ! informs you there's something there but they're either so poorly mixed in with the background you can't spot them or your Pawns run in circles when you tell them to go find it. On top of that, chests are rarely worth the extra 10 minutes running in circles trying to find it. It seems like a conscious decision to get you to waste your time.

When you're fighting the same enemies over and over again (don't even get me started on the larger monsters terrible loot) the game becomes a repetitive slog. I know "this is how DD1 was" is a thing, however, there's still no excuse. DD2 has 20 unique enemies, Hogwarts has 69 and Elden Ring has 140. Forcing a player to use an item to fast travel makes this issue so much more evident. Btw, the Slime is one of the laziest enemies in all of gaming.
See, everything you don't like about it is the stuff I'm enjoying the hell out of.

I don't mind the same small enemies because if you think of it, in a fantasy world your most common foe is going to be lower level.

Pawns telling you about ladders you can't see is a bit annoying, but sometimes leads to really fun encounters.

Just different strokes for different folks.

Finally looked up what dragons plague does...

Turns out right at the beginning of my game I had a pawn that had it, he kept sitting down randomly and that's one of the symptoms, I thought this was just a character trait like he was lazy or something lol.

I have no idea what happened if I dismissed him or he died but luckily nothing else happened.

Finally looked up what dragons plague does...

Turns out right at the beginning of my game I had a pawn that had it, he kept sitting down randomly and that's one of the symptoms, I thought this was just a character trait like he was lazy or something lol.

I have no idea what happened if I dismissed him or he died but luckily nothing else happened.
Heard it can wipe out entire towns, potentially killing important NPC's.

I know some people got super pissed about it, but I actually think it is a bit cool gives the NPC's a bit more depth.

And I also think the idea of waking up and a whole town being murdered by a member of your party is kinda fucking hilarious.

Like for "Electric Playground". That shit's my childhood, and it's crazy at how Victor Lucas hasn't aged a day. Dude's gotta be pushing 50. Cool how he's still one man banding that shit online, despite it not catching on at all. I really do hope that he gets a decent following eventually. Gotta respect the hustle.

Just got smoked by a Liche, griffon, and some poison lizard men (because why the fuck not) lol.

Edit: it was a Manticore, not a griffon. Still kicked the crap outta me.

Last edited:
It's super annoying how I've fought dozens of Saurians and always lop off their tail but can't get the damn Saurian tail item to drop as loot.

TIL I'm not nearly ready to take on a dragon.

And I had a fucking NPC keep knocking me off a fucking log into a fucking river over and over and over and over.

Back