Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The elitism in the Soulsborne community is without parallel. It is based on difficulty and the community is cancerous to say the least.

Also, I have played bloodborne and DS 3...and I must say that I've been playing games like these for ages. Third person action with RPG elements. Sure, the controls are responsive (they feel tight to me, but not especially OMG), the storytelling is quite oblique which can go either way, etc. The atmosphere is nice, but I've played series like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy, so I wasn't especially wowed there either.
Yeah, man, just look at the Sekiro thread. Newcomers have been thoroughly trashed and embarrassed (like they should be.) Not like most everyone has been helpful for anyone stuck or shared tips for encounters. Just a complete toilet of git guds.

Just noticed this thread. I'd love a RPG like this.

The elitism in the Soulsborne community is without parallel. It is based on difficulty and the community is cancerous to say the least.

Also, I have played bloodborne and DS 3...and I must say that I've been playing games like these for ages. Third person action with RPG elements. Sure, the controls are responsive (they feel tight to me, but not especially OMG), the storytelling is quite oblique which can go either way, etc. The atmosphere is nice, but I've played series like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy, so I wasn't especially wowed there either.

Please provide examples.

The souls community is filled with welcoming people, hell the community for DS1 is still thriving on, say something like reddit, and the constantly welcome people.

The Git Gud memes are just that, memes. If you think thats elitism, then I dont know what to tell you buddy.

Please provide examples.

The souls community is filled with welcoming people, hell the community for DS1 is still thriving on, say something like reddit, and the constantly welcome people.

The Git Gud memes are just that, memes. If you think thats elitism, then I dont know what to tell you buddy.
Git Gud was originally born out of response to people who complained about dark souls' difficulty, aka the real Elitists

I forgot about this thread. Can't wait for E3 now.

While this is probably true, this is far from confirmed.

Just seeing this now, how moustache twirlingly intriguing.

I've noticed a recent trend of people turning against The Elder Scrolls, especially Skyrim, which I think is misplaced anger at Bethesda for not turning out a decent product in some years. I've only played Dark Souls 3 (albeit hundreds of hours of it) and the story always seems to take a background. You can treat it as an RPG/skill-building boss killer, or you can get engaged in the story through items, NPCs, and wikis. It's arguable which direction being able to ignore the story takes the quality. I'd say their setup is nice, and the execution varies.

What I like about the souls series it it throws you into the world with a basic story and you have to figure it out. There are a billion questions though, wish is why I want clarification if there is any.

Announcement trailer

That interview has me even more hyped.

Great interview with Miyazaki. He seems to love working with Martin and the game sounds pretty cool.

Has it been confirmed that it's based on Norse mythology? He didn't mention anything in the article.
I haven't seen anything confirming that.

Back