Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm still finding new stuff this runthrough that i never knew about before. like today i found that invisible bridge in the mountaintops that leads to this rise, but it splits off to the left and then curves up towards the building entrance. i fell to my death a good dozen times before thinking wtf do i do? it goes straight for a bit and then i just keep falling to my death. i dont know where to turn, i cant see where i'm going, and of course i'm using a not to legal copy so i cant play online to see other players notes so i can find the right path.

so i started shooting arrows everywhere where i thought the ground was and just kept following my trail of arrows stuck in midair until it got me up in there. i'm like finally for fuck sakes. so i grab a smoke and a beer and when i come back i was back at the bonfire. i didnt realise there was an enemy in that building pretty much right where i walked in and it killed me when i went AFK. so then i had to start shooting my arrows everywhere just to find my way back in again.

thats not even the best part of it.....i went to check online to see if i might have missed everything inside that area because theres no way im gonna do that shit again, and it turns out where the invisible bridge branches off to the left, theres actually small tiny patches of fog that look like footprints that you're supposed to follow to find your way in. well i had no fucking idea about that, and i never stopped to pay attention, but after dying repeatedly to this shit it started to piss me off so i just "brute forced" my way there and filled the whole damn area with arrows. <so i started blasting meme>. i wonder if i was the first person dumb enough to find their way there like that?

Last edited:
i'm still finding new stuff this runthrough that i never knew about before. like today i found that invisible bridge in the mountaintops that leads to this rise, but it splits off to the left and then curves up towards the building entrance. i fell to my death a good dozen times before thinking wtf do i do? it goes straight for a bit and then i just keep falling to my death. i dont know where to turn, i cant see where i'm going, and of course i'm using a not to legal copy so i cant play online to see other players notes so i can find the right path.

so i started shooting arrows everywhere where i thought the ground was and just kept following my trail of arrows stuck in midair until it got me up in there. i'm like finally for fuck sakes. so i grab a smoke and a beer and when i come back i was back at the bonfire. i didnt realise there was an enemy in that building pretty much right where i walked in and it killed me when i went AFK. so then i had to start shooting my arrows everywhere just to find my way back in again.

thats not even the best part of it.....i went to check online to see if i might have missed everything inside that area because theres no way im gonna do that shit again, and it turns out where the invisible bridge branches off to the left, theres actually small tiny patches of fog that look like footprints that you're supposed to follow to find your way in. well i had no fucking idea about that, and i never stopped to pay attention, but after dying repeatedly to this shit it started to piss me off so i just "brute forced" my way there and filled the whole damn area with arrows. <so i started blasting meme>. i wonder if i was the first person dumb enough to find their way there like that?

You are a LEGEND!

<8>

You are a LEGEND!

<8>

mohg is giving me a good fucking right now. my confidence is now completely shot. it was a whole lot easier when i cheesed him with a mimic tear lol.

almost got him down a couple times but then i just run out of flasks and the onslaught is relentless. the first stage is no trouble but after that it starts going off the rails. this fight has no love for melee characters.

think im gonna put it down tonight and watch some hockey. this shit is starting to rustle my jimmies.

Last edited:
mohg has left the building.

i was able to get him down with the shackle thing and douse him in the rotten breath curse right before he hit the 2nd phase, which slowly drains his life away, and for the rest of the fight i just focused on dodging and getting some jumping smash attacks in when i could.

that was the gameplan i drew up going into the fight this time. at first i was getting stomped around and it was starting to piss me off. first thing in the morning and it almost drove me straight to the liquor store just to get some liquid cope in me. but after about the 10th try or so i managed to persevere. a little bit of luck mixed with some good dodge timing. i was able to get some good hits off and get out of the way without getting bitch slapped after and that made all the difference in that fight. the rotten breath helped make this one a bit easier at the end, but it wasnt straight cheese like i did in my first radahn encounter......curse him in rotten breath and then just run away on my horse and AFK for the win lol.

thats a bullshit fight and thats all i gotta say about that. now all thats left for me is the haligtree and that crumbling azula area and then the last few bosses. man after mohg gave me a good fucking i'm dreading the melania encounter but i'm gonna put myself through this bullshit anyways. after a fairly tame encounter with her the first two go-arounds, it suddenly became a harrowing experience just getting through her on my 3rd journey with a mimic tear. i dont know how i'm going to manage to pull this off with just an unga bunga build. but i am either going to do this or i am going to drown myself in liquor trying and probably die of alcohol poisoning.

all i know is in a few hours i'm probably gonna be a pissed off and frustrated person. so i'm trying to brace myself for that. surely i could have found a better way to take the stress away than to repeatedly get my ass handed to me by mohg. i'm glad that one is over with but i have a feeling that the pain ain't over yet. i'm gonna have grey hair by the end of the day from all this shit.

Last edited:
so far this malenia fight is going exactly the way that i expected. completely off the rails. for fuck sakes ive been at it for at least an hour now.

this is starting to break my will here. if this keeps up i might just have to call forth my mimic tear. i dont know what else to do here other than to maybe try out other weapons im not familiar with or respec into a caster. i'm getting fucked sideways before i can even get her into her final stage.

this is completely demotivating and demoralizing. i am getting my shit pushed in.

Last edited:
alright i couldnt take it anymore. i pretty much given up on that shit. so i broke under pressure and called in my mimic tear and it trivialized the fight. feels kinda dirty but there was no way i was getting through that on my own. i need to git gud.

alright i couldnt take it anymore. i pretty much given up on that shit. so i broke under pressure and called in my mimic tear and it trivialized the fight. feels kinda dirty but there was no way i was getting through that on my own. i need to git gud.

Bro, just realize that not everyone is going to be at the level of "Let me solo her." I suck so bad that I'm not even taking that fight.

I can't remember cause I did that shit two years ago, but there's a non arrow consumable to drop a blob of color on the ground and I had a bunch of them so I just kept tossing them in front of my feet to light the trail.

If they fall, death, if they stick that's the path.

Also never go afk in this game, nothing is safe except grace.

Bro, just realize that not everyone is going to be at the level of "Let me solo her." I suck so bad that I'm not even taking that fight.

I platinumed the game and dropped out around ng+7 a few months after release.

Every Malenia kill was cheese with mimic tear, Rivers of Blood dex/arc build, and blood flies spam.

I went so far as to get range before she lands in p2, chug the elixir that removes mana cost, then just spam blood flies, stagger her, take most of her hp, and then finish her off when she closes the gap.

She doesn't fight fair, why should you?

4th journey complete. gonna try to give demon souls a fair shake. hoping its not anything like the malenia fight because that was some bullshit right there.

Last edited:
Right now I'm leaning toward arcane lightning build or a bleed build.
i’ve been plucking away at an arcane/dex eleonora’s poleblade build run right now. sometimes i’ll bring in the godskin peeler for some extra fun. my enemies have been donating gallons of their blood for my enjoyment

Two things:

1. Why is the online disclaimer coming up every time i log in. I thought once you okayed it it went away

2. Why do people say magic is a cheat code. The game is FAR easier so far with a melee play through (I just beat Margaret - yes that's what I still call him). Took me 75 tries with my magic character. 15 with the melee. Yes I'm much better than all that time ago...but not 5x better...

I may just restart with a clean build. Been stewing on it for a bit..

I am 30 hours into my new character focusing on melee and using the bloodhound fang. Game is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than with a pure magic build.

The fact that the game is still blowing my mind is just a testament to its brilliance. If they do a sequel I will be buying whatever the most expensive version is.

If I didn't have such an emotional attachment to Gears of War and the fact that I consider Gears III the greatest MP game of all time, this would definitely be my number one ever.

Probably my biggest complaint is how unbalanced the game is. Melee kind of gets the shaft and magic is wildly unbalanced.

Maybe this has changed with patching but melee is so much easier imo.

Oh and something awesome happened this past weekend. I got called into be a hunter and got into it 1v1 with the invader. I was clearly stronger and was working for the finish when a second invader warped in and started to beat up on the guy I was fighting. I killed that guy while he was distracted and then started to focus on the original guy again. Another invader came and the process repeated. Then the original guy and I were the only ones left, but he started acting non-aggressive. So I put my weapons away and he did likewise and we both sat down staring at eachother. Another guy came in and WE TEAMED UP to kill him. It was hilarious. This cycle went on for 20 minutes or so and we just danced around and explored together when not fighting side by side- wary side eyeing eachother the whole time. It was a hoot. He then tried to box me with no weapons, so I killed him. I probably should have boxed him back, but I had stuff to do. Was so great.
This is still one of my favorite gaming memories.

Back