No Spoilers Official GOD OF WAR: RAGNARÖK Discussion

Still doing endgame. Currently assembling (a) which was a real treat to find (no guides for me) because I'm stuck on (b). Game's great, and I appreciate having to revisit areas for labours whatnot so I get to sightsee again; some nooks are frustrating to retrace my steps to, though. How the F did I get there, I ask myself from time to time, hehe.

Surtr's armor set.

Sisters of Illska.

So.. sherdogs resident beauty queen is the voice of Lunda.. who woulda thought

636353120748319256-Milana-Vayntrub.jpeg

On another note

In the quest where you have to find flowers, there is a note about Kratos wanting to find a white flower for Freya.

is he.. trying to kick it to her or what?

After beating it 2x and now in the post game, im finally becoming bored. Ive got maxed out berserker gear, a shitload of hacksilver, all weapons maxed, and there are some things left to do, like the valk queen and the rest of the berserkers. Unlike the elden ring/bloodsouls games, im capped out and dont see the point in continuing.

How do i start over with all the gear like in the last game? Or can i not do that...

After beating it 2x and now in the post game, im finally becoming bored. Ive got maxed out berserker gear, a shitload of hacksilver, all weapons maxed, and there are some things left to do, like the valk queen and the rest of the berserkers. Unlike the elden ring/bloodsouls games, im capped out and dont see the point in continuing.

How do i start over with all the gear like in the last game? Or can i not do that...
You want your legacy to be that youre a quitter?

I just dont care. I want to, but if ive already maxed out shit and finished most of the stories...why keep playing
Just messing with you.

Usually Sony games have a New Game Plus mode that comes out a while after release. That's the mode you are looking for.

Just messing with you.

Usually Sony games have a New Game Plus mode that comes out a while after release. That's the mode you are looking for.
Im thinking this doesnt have one because this is my second time thru. Maybe i missed the option because i wanted to restart so badly because of all the post game shit.

Still, restarting a game with all gear is fine, if shit is harder, but i wanna upgrade. Looked like the cap was 9 and there were so many empty spaces in the attributes, signaling to me that theres a LOT more to accomplish. But....if weapons are maxed...then whats next?

Im thinking this doesnt have one because this is my second time thru. Maybe i missed the option because i wanted to restart so badly because of all the post game shit.

Still, restarting a game with all gear is fine, if shit is harder, but i wanna upgrade. Looked like the cap was 9 and there were so many empty spaces in the attributes, signaling to me that theres a LOT more to accomplish. But....if weapons are maxed...then whats next?

Its in an upcoming patch soon from what i remember

Its in an upcoming patch soon from what i remember
When starting this sluts hbo max profile the other night to watch Last of Us, it said something finished installed for god of war.

Is this it?

When starting this sluts hbo max profile the other night to watch Last of Us, it said something finished installed for god of war.

Is this it?

No not yet, looks like that was a small fix update

Quick reflection and update from me:

Took me a couple hours to find my last raven from Crater; did my head in. Almost gave up and googled but finally found him. Is post-raven stress disorder a thing? Aaayyy. Closing in on Plat now.

What happened to (a)? I recall there being dialogue to the tune of hey, it's yours now so use wisely. It would have made endgame travel (amongst single-realm gates, at least) so much more fun and less a slog in instances. What a cool plot device and one true to Norse lore never to be revisited.

Skidbladner, the pocketable ship of Frej.

Ground-up change that would have really improved combat (for me) would have been far fewer enemies (to the point of no mobs) but each (largely) 1v1 enemy encounter requiring undivided attention, getting essentially a Soulsy treatment. I disliked difficulty bloating rather HP (even more), to the point of trash mobs and mere lizards needing so many hits to down. We God of War or God of Bore? Sponge is such a buzzkill to me in non-shooters particularly. I assume the HP bloat was to allow for combat staging – combos, relics, runic, shield + rönd, WPN, build interplay – but one achieves this without sponge by reducing enemy number and increasing single enemy survivability or difficulty. I don't know. Bad call? My headspace here is that raising the difficulty had so little reward to me, so how could we fix that?

Again, such a great game. So many things at play and expertly integrated with one another; it's amazing in reflection, actually. Wanted to throw some thoughts up.

Took me a couple hours to find my last raven from Crater; did my head in. Almost gave up and googled but finally found him. Is post-raven stress disorder a thing? Aaayyy. Closing in on Plat now.

What happened to (a)? I recall there being dialogue to the tune of hey, it's yours now so use wisely. It would have made endgame travel (amongst single-realm gates, at least) so much more fun and less a slog in instances. What a cool plot device and one true to Norse lore never to be revisited.

Ground-up change that would have really improved combat (for me) would have been far fewer enemies (to the point of no mobs) but each (largely) 1v1 enemy encounter requiring undivided attention, getting essentially a Soulsy treatment. I disliked difficulty bloating rather HP (even more), to the point of trash mobs and mere lizards needing so many hits to down. We God of War or God of Bore? Sponge is such a buzzkill to me in non-shooters particularly. I assume the HP bloat was to allow for combat staging – combos, relics, runic, shield + rönd, WPN, build interplay – but one achieves this without sponge by reducing enemy number and increasing single enemy survivability or difficulty. I don't know. Bad call? My headspace here is that raising the difficulty had so little reward to me, so how could we fix that?

Again, such a great game. So many things at play and expertly integrated with one another; it's amazing in reflection, actually. Wanted to throw some thoughts up.
Completely agree on the multiple enemies thing. Some of the Berserker fights gave me more trouble than the optional endgame bosses. And it wasn’t a product of great design it was annoyance and frustration.

I enjoyed myself much more in fights where it was 1 on 1.

Yep.. except they fucked up on (a)

5/10 because of that.

Lazy devs.

Ok but seriously though, game is 10/10. The use of the single shot/seamless transitions is masterful in this game. I didn't notice it in GoW 2018 really, until I read a review after playing it. In this game this mechanism is dialed until 11.

Here are some spoiler-full specifics

This scene in particular hit me in the feels:

Sure, we have seen sacrifices in games and movies before- but the way this played out was masterful direction. The camera work captures the somber mood of the group. Everyone is grateful for the fact they are safe, but sad at the same time. In the comments of that video someone actually translates what Birgir is saying.

Here's another great scene that was an "oh shit" moment:

After all the growth you go through with Kratos, to see him brutally kill Heimdall like that was intense. Heimdall's last words hit hard.

Regarding the combat, all I can say is that every other game's combat feels stale in comparison.

Last edited:
Ok but seriously though, game is 10/10. The use of the single shot/seamless transitions is masterful in this game. I didn't notice it in GoW 2018 really, until I read a review after playing it. In this game this mechanism is dialed until 11.

Here are some spoiler-full specifics

This scene in particular hit me in the feels:

Sure, we have seen sacrifices in games and movies before- but the way this played out was masterful direction. The camera work captures the somber mood of the group. Everyone is grateful for the fact they are safe, but sad at the same time. In the comments of that video someone actually translates what Birgir is saying.

Here's another great scene that was an "oh shit" moment:

After all the growth you go through with Kratos, to see him brutally kill Heimdall like that was intense. Heimdall's last words hit hard.

Regarding the combat, all I can say is that every other game's combat feels stale in comparison.

Im surprised that hit you in the feels. My feeling was more like: who the fuck is this guy?

Im surprised that hit you in the feels. My feeling was more like: who the fuck is this guy?
It was made clear Vanaheim's defenses had been stretched super thin. This is also an important moment because it is directly connected to Freyr's arc and growth. By the end of the game, Freyr had pulled off many heroic deeds.

As for the Heimdall bit, it is a nice callback to the vision of Athena in the previous entry.

Back