Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

This Pieta boss, what a cunt. I like her design and the music, but her damage output is ridiculous compared to ours. She cleaves off most of my health in one swipe. I've gotten her down to about a 1/2 damage, so I will kill this bitch, but FFS it's a bit much lol

I think I'll have to use ranged weapons when she's hovering around, but that reach of hers is insane

How do we level up our health? i have some item that says it can level it up, but I don't know what to do with it.

Health is just one of the stats. Just like in the DS games you can increase a stat at an alter and see what effect it has before you commit the point.

For the first boss you can bring in a summon. They're hard to see at first if you don't know what you're looking for. Approach the dog gate and wait a sec, then you will see an fuzzy NPC materialize that you can interact with for a summon. Big help, especially with he first boss since like you said, her damage output is crazy high how much health you have in the early game.

This Pieta boss, what a cunt. I like her design and the music, but her damage output is ridiculous compared to ours. She cleaves off most of my health in one swipe. I've gotten her down to about a 1/2 damage, so I will kill this bitch, but FFS it's a bit much lol

I think I'll have to use ranged weapons when she's hovering around, but that reach of hers is insane

How do we level up our health? i have some item that says it can level it up, but I don't know what to do with it.
You level vigor or whatever the equivalent is at vestiges. Shes a skill check and kind of a filter similar to other games from the genre putting a difficult boss in early. You just gotta learn the patterns and not get hit. The dodge is generous and you can parry a lot of her attacks too.

Health is just one of the stats. Just like in the DS games you can increase a stat at an alter and see what effect it has before you commit the point.

For the first boss you can bring in a summon. They're hard to see at first if you don't know what you're looking for. Approach the dog gate and wait a sec, then you will see an fuzzy NPC materialize that you can interact with for a summon. Big help, especially with he first boss since like you said, her damage output is crazy high how much health you have in the early game.

You level vigor or whatever the equivalent is at vestiges. Shes a skill check and kind of a filter similar to other games from the genre putting a difficult boss in early. You just gotta learn the patterns and not get hit. The dodge is generous and you can parry a lot of her attacks too.
Sorry guys, I meant health flasks. I found it right after beating Pieta, as she levels it.

Man, she took patience. Where she'd get me most is on a fourth attack in a combo, which she barely did, or after her copies would shoot some rays together, as it was hard to see what was going on. I hardly did any damage to her and could only take two or three shots from her, with maybe one extra of her radiant magic blades.

I brought in the Wayfarer a couple times, he was useless. I just realized that he's the main character (Harkyn) from the first game, really cool!

Anyway, loving this game, the graphics are so good and exploration is awesome. I found a bunch of hidden items/pathways in that area right before fighting Pieta. I'm going to take more time exploring before fighting another boss, maybe get some levels in and just enjoy searching every corner of each map, especially in Umbral. I really love the two worlds aspect, adds so much to the game.

For me, exploration is a major aspect of Souls games, and the main reason I picked this over Lies of P.

I love their Firelink shrine, you even need to go into Umbral to trade with a character.

Sorry guys, I meant health flasks. I found it right after beating Pieta, as she levels it.

Man, she took patience. Where she'd get me most is on a fourth attack in a combo, which she barely did, or after her copies would shoot some rays together, as it was hard to see what was going on. I hardly did any damage to her and could only take two or three shots from her, with maybe one extra of her radiant magic blades.

I brought in the Wayfarer a couple times, he was useless. I just realized that he's the main character (Harkyn) from the first game, really cool!

Anyway, loving this game, the graphics are so good and exploration is awesome. I found a bunch of hidden items/pathways in that area right before fighting Pieta. I'm going to take more time exploring before fighting another boss, maybe get some levels in and just enjoy searching every corner of each map, especially in Umbral. I really love the two worlds aspect, adds so much to the game.

For me, exploration is a major aspect of Souls games, and the main reason I picked this over Lies of P.

I love their Firelink shrine, you even need to go into Umbral to trade with a character.
Enjoy, dude. They are even still actively supporting the game. They just patched in a new boss fight that gives an armor set. Game is very polished now. Even the multiplayer is leagues better than at launch.

Enjoy, dude. They are even still actively supporting the game. They just patched in a new boss fight that gives an armor set. Game is very polished now. Even the multiplayer is leagues better than at launch.
I'm loving it. This really does feel like a follow up to Dark Souls 2, especially with the shitty jump and polish not quite as good as Soulsborne proper. Dying from missing a half meter jump takes me back :D

Just realized I could get pulled into Umbral by certain enemies just by using the lamp, startled the shit out of me lol

The only thing I don't like so far, outside the lock up choosing enemies across the level (wtf!!!) is having to level radiance or inferno to read certain item descriptions, what were thinking? I'm a lore whore, so going with a strength build, which I'm doing, would make me miss out.

I'm loving it. This really does feel like a follow up to Dark Souls 2, especially with the shitty jump and polish not quite as good as Soulsborne proper. Dying from missing a half meter jump takes me back :D

Just realized I could get pulled into Umbral by certain enemies just by using the lamp, startled the shit out of me lol

The only thing I don't like so far, outside the lock up choosing enemies across the level (wtf!!!) is having to level radiance or inferno to read certain item descriptions, what were thinking? I'm a lore whore, so going with a strength build, which I'm doing, would make me miss out.
Str/rad is a powerful build, it's what I used on my first playthrough

Like @deadshot138 said, Str/Rad is beastly. I played around with a few different builds in my first run, and then again in later NG+ when I had tons of points to boost any build and always came back to Str/Rad

There is an late game weapon you can pick up fairly early that is a 2h Greatsword that scales with Rad/STR that is in my opinion the best weapon in the game. I did a bunch of sword&board and dual wield, but 2h a great weapon for me was the best because of bounce back immunity and bonus to poise to stagger enemies.

I was using runes/accessories that increased 2h poise damage and increase poise damage with radiance. I just 2h charge crushed everything in my way. There was an umbral eye you can equip that makes you immune to stagger when charging with damage taken as grey damage, then your damage delt refilled the grey health back up. It was a brutal combo since I could tank most damage and then refill it back up.

Like @deadshot138 said, Str/Rad is beastly. I played around with a few different builds in my first run, and then again in later NG+ when I had tons of points to boost any build and always came back to Str/Rad

There is an late game weapon you can pick up fairly early that is a 2h Greatsword that scales with Rad/STR that is in my opinion the best weapon in the game. I did a bunch of sword&board and dual wield, but 2h a great weapon for me was the best because of bounce back immunity and bonus to poise to stagger enemies.

I was using runes/accessories that increased 2h poise damage and increase poise damage with radiance. I just 2h charge crushed everything in my way. There was an umbral eye you can equip that makes you immune to stagger when charging with damage taken as grey damage, then your damage delt refilled the grey health back up. It was a brutal combo since I could tank most damage and then refill it back up.
Do you remember the name of the sword?

Edit, is it

Ravager Gregory sword?

I'm building Rad, if only for the lore, might as well take advantage of it lol

Edit, is it

Ravager Gregory sword?

If he's talking Ravager, know that you either need invest in END to run it (one of heaviest Grand Swords in the game @ almost 50 units, iirc) or dedicate a rune slot to Crafter's Essence, which is a once-per-playthrough runic. It's also a three-front DMG dealer so to get the most of out of it, you should have some wither game in addition to being a man of Orian faith (RAD). Just some thoughts from me real quick to help you build.

Edit, is it

Ravager Gregory sword?

It's the Bloody Glory, you can get it after you beat Pieta, but you need to grind out some souls to buy the key for like 18,000. It opens a door at the bell room vestige and opens an high level area. You can just dash past the enemies though and bolt for the sword. There is a lot to get through so it will take a few attempts to learn where all the enemies are.

It's got a high radiance attribute, I think like 30, be but when maxed out it hits A+ scaling. It scales great, but not a huge rush to get it early since it will be a bit to equip. It also does lots of bleed damage and a split between Str and Holy.

Last edited:
Another bonus for a radiance build is the access to healing spells. There is a rune you get in the mines that when slotted to a shield gives passive mana regen. I equipped it to a shield and slapped it on my back and held the Bloody Glory with 2h and had constant mana regen. It was a HUGE help with survivability while exploring because I could save my health items for boss battles and use health spells to keep topped off while exploring. Then by the time I needed them again the regen had filled me up.

Wonder which ending is deemed canon and from which we start the next journey… No way Umbral, IMO, as it precludes NPC carryover.

Looks like sequel is being worked on already

I'm so glad this did well to warrant a sequel.

You can really feel the love and passion in this game.

@Dinkin_Flicka thanks for the extra radiance info

Some passive healing will be nice. I left off in that swampy area where you fight some boss on a horse. I was already in Umbral to explore the deeper water areas (hate those fucks of stilts lol). He freaking one shot me, but I think my health wasn't topped up

Anyway, I really want to explore that area more, but it's such a gankfest, will need all the healing I can get!

One aspect they really nailed the spirit of Souls Proper games is in exploration. There's so much loot and lore to find.

I'm juggling a few games atm, happy to add this one!

I'm so glad this did well to warrant a sequel.

You can really feel the love and passion in this game.

@Dinkin_Flicka thanks for the extra radiance info

Some passive healing will be nice. I left off in that swampy area where you fight some boss on a horse. I was already in Umbral to explore the deeper water areas (hate those fucks of stilts lol). He freaking one shot me, but I think my health wasn't topped up

Anyway, I really want to explore that area more, but it's such a gankfest, will need all the healing I can get!

One aspect they really nailed the spirit of Souls Proper games is in exploration. There's so much loot and lore to find.

I'm juggling a few games atm, happy to add this one!

Of all the healing spell the best one you get a bit later is Invigorating Aura. It gives a pretty powerful health regen while the aura is active, and switch off when not needed.

Normally the spell would deplete your mana quickly, but with the mana regen rune, it cuts the mana drain significantly where you can easily keep the aura up during a boss fight to keep health topped off. There is only one rune per run, but if you do a NG+ a second rune almost negates the drain completely, and a third run allows for mana to still regen while the aura is active.

The mana regen rune also regens mana fast enough to keep Radiant or Lacerating weapon up full time. By the time it wears off, the mana has come back to refresh.

pretty much leaned on these two spells for most of my runs. You can also throw in a projectile when taking out annoying enemies from afar with no worry about conserving mana.

If you really want to get boss tanky, the health regen stacks with other spells like healing digit which has a AoE heal effect for a good chunk of time. When you stack the two healing regens you tank a lot of damage.

I went back to this mess of a game just because I like being angry.

Who ever thought that kind of enemy density was a good idea?

Just finished the game around level 92. Overall take:

1) Really cool world, best part of the game overall. The interconnected nature of souls was taken perhaps a bit too far to the point of convolution. But overall, a beautiful and oppressive world.
2) Too many enemies and mobs make for artificial difficulty. Many have stressed this point, but this really is the biggest problem with the game. Many areas are just swamped with powerful enemies.
3) Melee is very underpowered relative to ranged. I was a strength build with 49 strength, weilding the Sword of Skin and Tooth +10. My charged heavy two handed strike was dealing between 850-1100 damage, but it is very slow. Compare: enhanced lump hammer charged dealt about 680 damage, is much faster, and hits from a mile away. And that's after the nerfs. The posture-stance of most enemies doesn't make much sense. The fire witch-pyromancers for instance don't have heavy armor, yet my fully charged heavy shot will not interrupt their moves.
4) The HP of enemies in the latter areas is overtuned. There is also a dire lack of enemy variety. It was sad getting to Bramis Castle only to face no new enemy types whatsoever.
5) Bosses are inconsistent. I enjoyed Big Baby, Devrla, Judge Cleric, Tancred, Sundered Monarch.

Back