Multiplatform Official Mortal Kombat 1 Diskussion

We can trial this?! I'm in like a Shaolin.

Yep, PS Premium has it for 2 hours. Can do Act 1 of campaign and the first Invasion during such.

It really is a great looking game and plays pretty well. Dug the opening act with Kung Lao and Raiden.

Shame there's so many paywalls.. Ready for video games to be less about grifting and more about gaming.

Quan Chi's second fatality might be in my top 5 all time.

Just gruesome.

Almost done with the 2 hour trial on PS5, and I gotta say it ain't too shabby. Dig the setting so far and the martial arts flick camp, good looking game, and a nice soundtrack too.

Scorpion handles a bit weird but everything looks pretty good. Definitely feels a bit lighter than the last one with no Krypt, the Shrine is bogus. Looks like their in super monetization mode with all the skins and what have you, yet still isn't as customizable as the last game.

Going to stick to holding off picking it up anytime soon because a problem I'm having is I just can't rationalize paying $70 then $40 for the Kombat Pack and $8 for Shang Tsung.. With high probability there's another $40 Kombat Pack on the way and $? DLC.. I paid all that with the last few games and I'm just over getting things all piecemeal; nickle and dimed along the way.
Yeah I kind of regret it but since I’m an idiot who never learns I’ll end up doing it. Already did it with Tekken 8 but I think I’ll be playing that one a lot more since it’s always been the more fun fighting game imo. MK is mostly nostalgia for me and I enjoy the characters and lore.

$42 bucks made it easier…

…boy, Megan Fox’s voice.. “acting” is total shit. Like fucking awful. Much worse than Rousey’s Sonya. Think it’s time Boon didn’t do one line for Scorpion either.

Seeing some of these kombat pack characters featured heavily in the story tells me about all I need to know about these tagged ‘DLC’ characters being ready to go at the game’s release.

Gotta love that.

…boy, Megan Fox’s voice.. “acting” is total shit. Like fucking awful. Much worse than Rousey’s Sonya. Think it’s time Boon didn’t do one line for Scorpion either.

Seeing some of these kombat pack characters featured heavily in the story tells me about all I need to know about these tagged ‘DLC’ characters being ready to go at the game’s release.

Gotta love that.
Who you plan on maining in this? Or do you want to lab the roster and see who you vibe with?

Who you plan on maining in this? Or do you want to lab the roster and see who you vibe with?

Been using Scorpion in the Invasions, but it's been fun trying out people during the story. Raiden feels the best he ever has, so I'll probably be playing him more once the story is wrapped up. Really like this Reptile too.

Tried to buy the Kombat Pack but was declined, so that's strange. Reading that Sony has some super sensitive anti-fraud so now I could be on a 24 hour hold.. which I find absolutely ridiculous. Literally bought the game and Shang Tsung just fine, then denied the KP. Maybe it's a sign to not buy that.

Who you diggin? Assuming you're gonna snag it now that it's on sale?.

Been using Scorpion in the Invasions, but it's been fun trying out people during the story. Raiden feels the best he ever has, so I'll probably be playing him more once the story is wrapped up. Really like this Reptile too.

Tried to buy the Kombat Pack but was declined, so that's strange. Reading that Sony has some super sensitive anti-fraud so now I could be on a 24 hour hold.. which I find absolutely ridiculous. Literally bought the game and Shang Tsung just fine, then denied the KP. Maybe it's a sign to not buy that.

Who you diggin? Assuming you're gonna snag it now that it's on sale?.
Fell in love with Reptile and Kenshi Takahashi during trial. I even managed a Fatality from Kenshi by inputting a bastardised Hadouken + Square – pure luck; the screen dimmed in classic fashion and I watch in excitement as I spirit-blade the F out of opponent to a drilling end.

My one issue on pickup is I just bought RoboCop: Rogue City (Alex Murphy Edition) while also wanting all khars in one go, so I'm stalling on pulling the trigger. I do have a hankering to jump in and play, though, plus the campaign was rad and want to finish. Tough. 44€ is a great price, IMO.

Gotta love that.
To be fair though the actual DLC characters are so much deeper than the ones you fight as NPCs. I know it’s easy to be skeptical but I do think a lot of work as put in after release too.

I heard Anthony Starr is NOT going ro voice Homelander?

That's suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I heard Anthony Starr is NOT going ro voice Homelander?

That's suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yep, that's quite unfortunate. Rather not even have the character without the voice. They have way too many guests in this kombat pack as it is, with Omni-Man and Homelander basically being the same character. Would rather have 5 MK characters to 1 guest anyways.

Terminator without Arnold was shit.

NRS really shit the bed with so much of this game. They have a potential gem here but constantly disappoint with the lack of communication and fixes. The desync issue that they say will NOT be fixed until January is insane. It’s going to be about a month or longer and the issue is so bad it makes playing Kombat League terrible if not unplayable

NRS really shit the bed with so much of this game. They have a potential gem here but constantly disappoint with the lack of communication and fixes. The desync issue that they say will NOT be fixed until January is insane. It’s going to be about a month or longer and the issue is so bad it makes playing Kombat League terrible if not unplayable

Okay, so it's not just on my end. Tried online and found it unplayable, think I wound up 0-3 without doing much of anything and gave up.

Okay, so it's not just on my end. Tried online and found it unplayable, think I wound up 0-3 without doing much of anything and gave up.

Yeah, it's awful. Their response to the community was just through an IG Threads status and I guess their discord? It's pathetic that you can't even easily find their statement on regular twitter or facebook or their site or anything it's on IG THREADS of all things lol. And yeah the desync is atrocious. I understand it's holidays and shit but this has been going on for weeks. Meanwhile I'm sure they are hard at work on their next premium holiday skins and fatalities lol.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 7.28.04 PM.png

Terminator without Arnold was shit.

It was worse than shit.

Most male voiceactors can do at least a decent Arnold impersonation, at least a parody-level.

The voiceactor they got for MK11 was like they pulled someone off of the street to do a shitty Arnold impression for $10 a line.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's 10 voiceactors that could do a A+ level Arnold impersonation that the vast majority of everyone would be convinced its actually Arnold.

It was worse than shit.

Most male voiceactors can do at least a decent Arnold impersonation, at least a parody-level.

The voiceactor they got for MK11 was like they pulled someone off of the street to do a shitty Arnold impression for $10 a line.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's 10 voiceactors that could do a A+ level Arnold impersonation that the vast majority of everyone would be convinced its actually Arnold.

And yet somehow Megan Fox as Nitara is worse.

Actually, I sincerely doubt that.

She's annoying & horrible, but Arnold's shitty impersonator is clearly worse.

That's fine, opinions and all.

Fox's voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard. It's tremendously awful.

That's fine, opinions and all.

Fox's voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard. It's tremendously awful.

Its more like she's not even 'acting' with the voiceacting, she's just saying lines into a microphone.

Megan Fox is paid to be Megan Fox.

Back