Multiplatform Official Next-gen WITCHER 3 Discussion

I like the sound of that. Definitely will give it a shot if the main game isn't working out for me.

I will say that one of my nit-pick complaints of the main game is roughly half of Velen is an ugly and boring swamp.... like where the Bloody Barren questline takes place.

But Blood & Wine? Its map it takes place in is a huge upgrade both visually & auditory.

<WhatIsThis>

You sure you bought the 'GOTY edition' recently?

Well, when I search for Witcher 3 on the store, it shows me this:

uJcpFLu.png

Well, when I search for Witcher 3 on the store, it shows me this:

uJcpFLu.png

@Madmick may be more qualified to help you out.

I haven't been on Steam in 4+ years.
All it takes is a Google. There's no special version of the game. As you mentioned previously in this thread the graphical update is free. The update should be automatically forced the first time you launch the game (assuming you haven't disabled automatic updates previously).
How to download Witcher 3 next-gen update on PC
If you've never bought The Witcher 3 on PC before, you can buy the game from Steam at this link. Before you play it for the first time, Steam should force you to download the latest update, which will bring all the next-gen features into the game.

If you already have The Witcher 3 on Steam and you're not sure if it's updated to the next-gen version, follow these steps to check:
  • Open the Steam launcher on your PC and find The Witcher 3 product page
  • Somewhere in the top right, you should see a cog that represents settings - click on this
  • In the little menu that pops up, select 'Updates' from the options on the left
  • In the 'Automatic Updates' section, select 'Always keep this game updated' - this will force the game to install the update before you start playing, if it hasn't already.

On that same page, you should be able to see 'Installed content updated' at the very bottom.

This will show you the date on which the game was last updated. If it's 14th December, you already have the next-gen update, so open up that game and get playing!

I like it. Unfortunately as I feared there's no DLSS 2 option, only 3.00, so a 3000 series RTX card won't have any NVidia options. FSR works well though. It still looks like Witcher 3, which is good. I don't know why but I was thinking that this would be a huge overhaul, but it looks like they just added some nice touches.

Thought it was common knowledge October, November, & December were the golden months every year.

But this year, there hasn't been a Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Halo, FarCry, or any MAJOR franchise releases.

I'm not a fan of those franchises, so this holiday season publishers had a golden opportunity to put something major on the map.

Yup, I'd say GoW is basically this holiday season only HUGE release, when there's usually three or four.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II? Apparently the biggest release they’ve ever had.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II? Apparently the biggest release they’ve ever had.

Yup, apparently I haven't been paying close attention.

Anyway, lets get back to talking about Witcher 3.

How are you guys playing it? In my playthroughs I'm a heavy Igni player, and always level up the Griffin Armor sets ASAP to eventually blow up enemies (so very satisfying).

Though I'm considering going with the other signs, and level up the Wolf or Bear armor sets.

I will say that one of my nit-pick complaints of the main game is roughly half of Velen is an ugly and boring swamp.... like where the Bloody Barren questline takes place.
But has some of the most sombre, beautiful violin/cello scoring, IMO. My sweet, sad Velen.

I like it. Unfortunately as I feared there's no DLSS 2 option, only 3.00, so a 3000 series RTX card won't have any NVidia options. FSR works well though. It still looks like Witcher 3, which is good. I don't know why but I was thinking that this would be a huge overhaul, but it looks like they just added some nice touches.
That’s disappointing. Without DLSS 2.0 I’m thinking it might be best to play on my PS5 instead.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

My best Skellige impersonation. ^ Lol.

Reactions: hsz

weird could have swore I read about people using 2.0.

First docking in Skellige is a memory-staying thing, indeed!

Yup, it was a memorable experience.

And in my third playthrough I discovered all the money you paid to get there was just feet away from you, and all you have to do is walk around something wood, and its all right there.

Yup, apparently I haven't been paying close attention.

Anyway, lets get back to talking about Witcher 3.

How are you guys playing it? In my playthroughs I'm a heavy Igni player, and always level up the Griffin Armor sets ASAP to eventually blow up enemies (so very satisfying).

Though I'm considering going with the other signs, and level up the Wolf or Bear armor sets.

I’m rocking Igni as well, sometimes Aard. Going fast and agile so far, and no clue what build I’m aiming for yet. Never really got far into Witcher 3 and this update made me jump back in so looking forward to it.

Back