PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The idiotic fast travel system really hurts that game. The world is not interesting enough to constantly have to hoof it. In order for a game to be "immersive" in that regard, you have to offer up surprises around every corner to make it worth your while. With DD, you're just running around fighting the same groups of enemies over and over. You'll never turn a corner and be greeted by a random NPC offering you a meaty multi-tiered side quest to get invested in. At best, you might find an NPC that wants you to kill 10 Goblins or do some lame fetch quest shit. Doing that for 60+ hours is a big ask.

It seems like they didn't bother to correct any of that shit with the sequel. Understandable to an extent, since it built up such a devoted cult following on that blueprint, but I think the series really missed an opportunity to take it to the next level, and iron out its kinks.
I’m level 40 and have only placed 1 Portcrystal. I’ve basically been hoofing it across the map while also taking some ox carts here and there. It was fun the first 10-15 hours because there was some actual danger. Then, I got too OP and now it became a ridiculous repetitive chore.

In Elden Ring you could be in danger 15 feet from any Grace site.

I forgot to mention, I watched Fextra’s latest video on it. I thought it was funny as he was trying to praise the game but for every positive he gave, there were more negatives.

In other news, I saw Top Spin Tennis selling for $120 on the PSN. Incredible.

No Rest for the Wicked is in early access as of a couple days ago? Anyone in?
Is this PC only or could you sign up for a beta code? This and POE2 will be taking up a lot of my time when they release.

Is this PC only or could you sign up for a beta code? This and POE2 will be taking up a lot of my time when they release.
Steam early access right now. Despite being an aesthetic treat, one thing I'm suspicious over is how low this game is priced @ some 30€? So, rinse-repeat content or retracing the same map levels over and over à la roguelite? Just spitballing. This touches on the consumer psychology that saber CEO alludes to in a recent interview. While 70€ isn't smart pricing IHO, he also warns pricing too low runs the risk of devaluing a game, having potential players wait out buying at full price for fear it's a game too shallow, little in content to warrant current-gen 'full price'. Ironically, Saber has priced Space Marine 2 for this September at 70€, lol.

Steam early access right now. Despite being an aesthetic treat, one thing I'm suspicious over is how low this game is priced @ some 30€? So, rinse-repeat content or retracing the same map levels over and over à la roguelite? Just spitballing. This touches on the consumer psychology that saber CEO alludes to in a recent interview. While 70€ isn't smart pricing IHO, he also warns pricing too low runs the risk of devaluing a game, having potential players wait out buying at full price for fear it's a game too shallow, little in content to warrant current-gen 'full price'. Ironically, Saber has priced Space Marine 2 for this September at 70€, lol.
That’s a good point I didn’t consider Val. The level of production definitely seems like it warrants a larger price tag. It’s much too polished. Fextra has a video on it describing how the game plays and it seems very similar to POE 2’s methodical approach which is really appealing to me.

Thinking about it last night it got me wondering how cool a top down Sekiro game would be. Sekiro’s grappling hook could be hard to move over, however, strictly focusing on strong combat via parry / mikiri counters would be wonderful.

That’s a good point I didn’t consider Val. The level of production definitely seems like it warrants a larger price tag. It’s much too polished. Fextra has a video on it describing how the game plays and it seems very similar to POE 2’s methodical approach which is really appealing to me.

Thinking about it last night it got me wondering how cool a top down Sekiro game would be. Sekiro’s grappling hook could be hard to move over, however, strictly focusing on strong combat via parry / mikiri counters would be wonderful.
I actually never liked the camera for Mikiri counters specifically so that’s a great point yourself.

Soo it looks like PS5 can run Xbox games better than Xbox.

I guess teraflops aren't everything. I've heard stories of console manufacturers sneaking technology in their hardware that they don't advertise that gives them an edge. The Nintendo DS is an example of this. Maybe this the case with PS5?

Soo it looks like PS5 can run Xbox games better than Xbox.

I guess teraflops aren't everything. I've heard stories of console manufacturers sneaking technology in their hardware that they don't advertise that gives them an edge. The Nintendo DS is an example of this. Maybe this the case with PS5?
Nah I think they just leaned their lesson with the PS3. I remember Cerny said this was specifically built with devs in mind.

Nah I think they just leaned their lesson with the PS3. I remember Cerny said this was specifically built with devs in mind.
I hear you. I also think not having to develop for an underpowered PS5 series S helps too

I actually never liked the camera for Mikiri counters specifically so that’s a great point yourself.
This is one reason it took me 8 straight hours to beat Isshin. I was never good at the counters and couldn't deal with his lightening. If there was one boss I wish I retained the muscle memory for it would be that one. How fun he was.

I watched a few other videos on NRFTW. One was more positive than the other but ultimately both had positives and negatives . One thing both reviewers made abundantly clear is that there is no re-spec (game still in beta). So you're really forced to make that tough decision picking the type of gameplay you want to run with. Both made mention that it kind of sucks because through their playthrough they both picked up legendries from different vocations they couldn't use.

Two other things to note, item durability is a thing and itemization often comes with positive + negative stats or passives similar to Returnal's parasite mechanic.

Probably one of the best looking areas of any PS5 game I’ve played. The Leviathan fight was spectacular as well and so was the boss before it.
Nice. Did you play Forbidden West expansion final boss? That’s my ‘holy crap’ PS5 moment. That and Demon’s Souls from start to end.

New PS5 update out today
Version: 24.03-09.20.00
  • Game Help has been expanded by adding Community Game Help features.
    • In Game Help, you will see hints labeled Community Game Help in supported games, which indicates that the hint was generated from other players' gameplay videos.
    • You can participate in Community Game Help by allowing your gameplay video to be automatically captured and added to the feature upon review.
      To opt in, go to Settings > Captures & Broadcasts > Captures > Auto Captures > Community Game Help, and then select Participate. You can also opt out at any time.
  • In Remote Play, if the persistent message "Remote Play connected." is displayed during Remote Play, you can now hide this on your game screen. Go to Settings > System > Remote Play and turn on Hide Remote Play Connection Status.
  • We've improved system software performance and stability.
  • We've improved the messages and usability on some screens.

Nice. Did you play Forbidden West expansion final boss? That’s my ‘holy crap’ PS5 moment. That and Demon’s Souls from start to end.
Yeah I did, I was equally impressed with the clouds in the DLC to be honest. That sounds weird but they were photo realistic and flying in them was awesome. Crazy that Demon's Souls still stands up as possibly the best looking game overall and it was a launch title. I really hope Blue Point pushes the visuals on their next game as well.

I think this is going to be a day one for me. Have no idea if it will actually be good or not but I love cats and I love ultra violent games. Also kind of funny that this comes out the same month as Cat Quest III. Both cat games but couldn't be more different.

I think this is going to be a day one for me. Have no idea if it will actually be good or not but I love cats and I love ultra violent games. Also kind of funny that this comes out the same month as Cat Quest III. Both cat games but couldn't be more different.

What I like most about this game is that it's completely off the wall with cool ideas.

This looks so good. Had my eye on this one since the Nintendo direct. It’s a soulslike with very bright colors which is refreshing. Will pick up when I finish other games.

Last edited:
Back