PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fallout 4 next gen upgrade dropping any minute might fire up the old copy to see it’s finally not a choppy sloppy fps

Edit: playing now and it feels very upgrady !

Last edited:
Fallout 4 next gen upgrade dropping any minute might fire up the old copy to see it’s finally not a choppy sloppy fps

Edit: playing now and it feels very upgrady !
How are you finding after more time on PS5?

There loads of issues on PC, but the worst for me are super long load times between interiors, sometimes a minute. I have a really good SSD too. How are they for you?

There loads of issues on PC, but the worst for me are super long load times between interiors, sometimes a minute. I have a really good SSD too. How are they for you?
Lol it was all good for the first hour and then it went to shit real quick! Major issues going on

Lol it was all good for the first hour and then it went to shit real quick! Major issues going on

Fuck, sounds like the “next gen” upgrades to Outer Worlds last year.

BGS being BGS. .
patrick-stewart-mild-shock.gif

Sorry it sucks on console too. I was hoping it was targeted for PS5 and Xbox mainly, and that the shitty PC update was an isolated thing.

What a bunch of fuck ups. I love their games, but they can't release anything well from the get go, and always half ass so much stuff relying on modders to fix. They had a year and a half to make this, and the worst part is that they didn't work with essential modding teams, like the script extender crew, like they normally do.

I waited quite a while for this, as I wanted native ultrawide compatibility (had issues with existing mods). I knew it was goin to break tons of mods, so I held off playing America Rising 2, and Sim Settlements 2. Both have huge voiced storylines (og voice actors returning too). America Rising 2 brings in the Enclave, who you can actually join for once. It's very well received. Sim Settlements expands on the Gunners, along with overhauling settlement building further, like Sim City style. They are both intertwined with the existing main stories too, massive projects.

I was hoping the update would actually improve a ton of things, but it has so few bug fixes, while introducing tons of new issues.

Then there's Fallout London, which was supposed to come out April 23rd, but BGS borked that for this bullshit. They even promoted the mod prior, but then fucked them over giving them no heads up, orf anyone in the community they always praise, that that this update was releasing near the same day. It feels a little intentional lol.

If this overhaul mod is as good as it looks, BGS could have done more with them to coincide with the show. We won't be getting a new Fallout a long long time.

Fuck the new coat of paint and frame rates. All I wanted is for it to not routinely crash in the heart of Boston.

That engine man...blessing and a curse.

Do you remember a SEGA game from way back in the day called Golden Axe? That's what this reminds me of and why I've an immediate affinity for it. Interesting. Thanks.
I just saw Golden Axe is getting an animated adaptation.

Kind of glad the rest of the year is now quiet on the AAA front. Outside of Elden ring, visions of mana, and wukong there not much else other than some indies I’ll pick up which means I’ll work on backlog. Hoping we get a showcase soon since stellar blade is out and there’s not much else to look forward to exclusive wise.

BGS being BGS. .
patrick-stewart-mild-shock.gif

Sorry it sucks on console too. I was hoping it was targeted for PS5 and Xbox mainly, and that the shitty PC update was an isolated thing.

What a bunch of fuck ups. I love their games, but they can't release anything well from the get go, and always half ass so much stuff relying on modders to fix. They had a year and a half to make this, and the worst part is that they didn't work with essential modding teams, like the script extender crew, like they normally do.

I waited quite a while for this, as I wanted native ultrawide compatibility (had issues with existing mods). I knew it was goin to break tons of mods, so I held off playing America Rising 2, and Sim Settlements 2. Both have huge voiced storylines (og voice actors returning too). America Rising 2 brings in the Enclave, who you can actually join for once. It's very well received. Sim Settlements expands on the Gunners, along with overhauling settlement building further, like Sim City style. They are both intertwined with the existing main stories too, massive projects.

I was hoping the update would actually improve a ton of things, but it has so few bug fixes, while introducing tons of new issues.

Then there's Fallout London, which was supposed to come out April 23rd, but BGS borked that for this bullshit. They even promoted the mod prior, but then fucked them over giving them no heads up, orf anyone in the community they always praise, that that this update was releasing near the same day. It feels a little intentional lol.

If this overhaul mod is as good as it looks, BGS could have done more with them to coincide with the show. We won't be getting a new Fallout a long long time.

Fuck the new coat of paint and frame rates. All I wanted is for it to not routinely crash in the heart of Boston.

That Bethesda polish right there.

I hear there's a Fallout show now? If they wanted to make it true to the source material they'd make it randomly crash your tv or streaming device to the point where you can't progress to watch the rest of the series.

Surprisingly It’s actually running butter smooth on ps5 , feels like a new game for me in performance mode.

Bad timing because I just got Stellar Blade!

That Bethesda polish right there.

I hear there's a Fallout show now? If they wanted to make it true to the source material they'd make it randomly crash your tv or streaming device to the point where you can't progress to watch the rest of the series.

Surprisingly It’s actually running butter smooth on ps5 , feels like a new game for me in performance mode.

Bad timing because I just got Stellar Blade!
I'm going to try an accelerator loading mod for load times, as it's the only thing hurting the game now. I spent around 5 minutes in an elevator. I thought the game was locking up, so I had to hard shut it down. It persisted on reloaded saves, so I stepped away from my screen. I made some toast, and just as I sat back down, the elevator reached its destination (we're talking 3 stories here max).

Apparently the load time issues are a pc thing.

They definitely did something to improve framerates though, because downtown Boston, which was always horrible, runs really smooth for me now. The game looks really good too.

I don't know if it's the auto HDR (colours pop), because I'm coming from New Vegas and Fallout 3, they improved fidelity, or that my card is great (3080 isn't anything special anymore) but it's super smooth and looks far better than it ever did. The last time I played it, I had a 1080ti, and regardless of the resolution/settings I used, the frames were always manic downtown.

I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get here though.

I had to manually lock my frames at 60 through the Nvidia control panel, as the game speed felt like Benny Hill, and dialogue skipped over each other. I had to turn off weapon debris (constant CTD otherwise), and make an adjustment in a .ini file.

I also needed a mod to fix the UI, which is stretched on ultrawide monitors, looked terrible. Unfortunately it disables achievements, but I was probably going to break that thorough a mod, or console commands, to get unlimited building materials.

This update is peak Bethesda sloppiness. Lots of people are still having issues as well.

I'm going to assume that this will just be a documentary. I don't want to think it's going to be an update or new game to save myself from disappointment.

I'd like an artbook personally but will be interesting to see what it comes of this

Nice (albeit apparently incomplete) list from Hunter on upcoming adventures to look forward to: *strike KOTOR, iirc

Upcoming confirmed Sony 1st party games and 3rd party console exclusives:

✅ Wolverine
✅ Concord
✅ Until Dawn
✅ Physint (Kojima)
✅ Lost Soul Aside
✅ Convallaria
✅ Fairgame$
✅ Marathon
✅ Star Wars: KOTOR
✅ Silent Hill 2
✅ Death Stranding 2
✅ next Horizon game
✅ Phantom Blade 0
✅ Sword of the Sea
✅ Enotria: The Last Song
✅ Baby Steps
✅ Little Devil Inside (?)

Rumors of Hades possibly being a PS Plus game in May. I've never gotten around to playing that so I hope it's true. I've bought that game twice on physical and both times my order got canceled and the digital one was usually inflated in price.

Back