PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PlayStation announces new Bloodborne merch: Hunters, ascend here. I like the © 2024. Hmm, me brain spinning like a whirligig right now at the thought of a PS5 remaster. Sony has a showcase coming up, no?

<{Joewithit}>

PlayStation Announces New Merchandise For Bloodborne:

"Introducing Bloodborne collaboration items full of dark charm! The lineup includes a pocket watch with the image of a stargazer, as well as boots and gloves that allow you to become a hunter. A gem for all Bloodborne fans. Please take a look at our carefully selected collaboration items that will increase your enlightenment!"

PlayStation announces new Bloodborne merch: Hunters, ascend here. I like the © 2024. Hmm, me brain spinning like a whirligig right now at the thought of a PS5 remaster. Sony has a showcase coming up, no?

<{Joewithit}>

"Introducing Bloodborne collaboration items full of dark charm! The lineup includes a pocket watch with the image of a stargazer, as well as boots and gloves that allow you to become a hunter. A gem for all Bloodborne fans. Please take a look at our carefully selected collaboration items that will increase your enlightenment!"

I truly think we might get a full remake or sequel as a PS6 exclusive. There was an interview and I think it was the creator himself or at least one of the devs that said releasing it just one gen afterwards wouldn’t have a big enough jump or something like that and he name dropped ps6 so maybe there’s hope. We got demon’s souls as a launch game too

<{Joewithit}>

Just a heads up it isn't official PS merch, it's a company licensing BB

Looks like Ragnarok is the next PS game for PC

Looks like Ragnarok is the next PS game for PC

Very strange how PS is doing their ports. It's shocking to me that they haven't brought over GT7 which I think is considered GAAS. Also add MLB the show.

Actually now that I think about it. It's crazy that MLB the show insisted that the game go to Xbox but not PC? How does that make sense? I guarantee that game makes more on PC than Xbox.

Capcom’s Exoprimal is available to trial for a limited time for Plus Premium werewolves.

Still too much.
Yeah, my Extra downgrade kicked in last week. I did want to try Exoprimal but it was a weird situation. We had some board interest + Capcom has been on fire in recent years – just crushing it, then it launches to crickets; no-one GAF. I read a later review that said the title is oversimplified or offers shallow live-service replay value (something to the effect) but without seeing sales numbers, I'd wager this project was an uncommon L for Capcom.

Yeah, my Extra downgrade kicked in last week. I did want to try Exoprimal but it was a weird situation. We had some board interest + Capcom has been on fire in recent years – just crushing it, then it launches to crickets; no-one GAF. I read a later review that said the title is oversimplified or offers shallow live-service replay value (something to the effect) but without seeing sales numbers, I'd wager this project was an uncommon L for Capcom.
I’m just bitter that Capcom teased us with a game about dinosaurs featuring a Regina knock off and didn’t give us a Dino Crisis remake.

This went from rumor to real (?) pretty quickly so I guess a soft announcement is an order.

New PlayStation studio emerges w/ Jason Blundell (Call of Duty) at the helm and on heels of Deviation Games, his former studio, shuttering.

Notable here is the absence of Dave Anthony, who'd cofounded Deviation with Jason; I'm thinking a fallout between the two is what arrested any development from Deviation and led to Jason having left only 1.5 years after founding in 2022, then ultimately studio layoffs and closure in March 2024.

Zube lists studio leads for new outfit below:

New PlayStation Studio Led By Jason Blundell:

Jason Blundell

Fred Thompson: Principal Game Designer

Adam Rosas: Animation Director

Kristen Sych: Lead Animator

JC Farmer: Junior Game Designer

Emmanuel Flores: Senior Gameplay Engineer

Nicholas S: Writer

#PlayStationStudios #PlayStation

This went from rumor to real (?) pretty quickly so I guess a soft announcement is an order.

New PlayStation studio emerges w/ Jason Blundell (Call of Duty) at the helm and on heels of Deviation Games, his former studio, shuttering.

Notable here is the absence of Dave Anthony, who'd cofounded Deviation with Jason; I'm thinking a fallout between the two is what arrested any development from Deviation and led to Jason having left only 1.5 years after founding in 2022, then ultimately studio layoffs and closure in March 2024.

Zube lists studio leads for new outfit below:

New PlayStation Studio Led By Jason Blundell:

Jason Blundell

Fred Thompson: Principal Game Designer

Adam Rosas: Animation Director

Kristen Sych: Lead Animator

JC Farmer: Junior Game Designer

Emmanuel Flores: Senior Gameplay Engineer

Nicholas S: Writer

#PlayStationStudios #PlayStation

I posted late in the last thread some stuff from someone who worked at Deviation put about people who were there and didn't paint Dave Anthony and some of the other higher ups in a good light at all

Please have a showcase announcement this week and a date confirmed for next week. Really want to see what’s coming up for the rest of the year and 2025. So many rumors flying around that it feels like one is just around the corner. Resident Evil 9 is expected to have a trailer with a January release and then there’s also Concord that has to be shown off at some point. What really want though is to finally see what Team Asobi has been up to. It’s been a long time and all they’ve done is a
small Astro game.

Wow, we're getting two CEOs, Herman Hulst and Hideaki Nishino. Hulst will be in charge of studios meanwhile Nishino on the platform side of things. Pretty cool decision, I support it

Screenshot-2024-05-13-230951.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, we're getting two CEOs, Herman Hulst and Hideaki Nishino. Hulst will be in charge of studios meanwhile Nishino on the platform side of things. Pretty cool decision, I support it

Screenshot-2024-05-13-230951.jpg
I just saw this this morning and also thought it a pretty creative solution to make two roles of the one. Related, I'd also read the travel to and from Japan wore Ryan down; Sony wants with the division of labor to remedy that.

I don't know anything about this Nishino cat. What's his background and Plat trophy count?

Sony roadmap incoming:

It’s “a new era at Sony Interactive Entertainment,” says Sony President Hiroki Totoki 👀

“Later this month you will learn more about the long-term vision for Sony Group and the essential role SIE plays in that vision,” he says
–––
Nishino-san will continue his role leading the Platform Experience Group, overseeing technology, products, services, and platform experience. He will also oversee third party publisher and developer relations and commercial operations, including sales and marketing of hardware, services, and peripherals.

Hermen will continue to lead the SIE Studios business, including PlayStation Studios, Bungie, and PlayStation Productions. He will be responsible for the development, publishing, and business operations of SIE’s first party content as well as IP expansion opportunities through PlayStation Productions.

Later this month you will learn more about the long-term vision for Sony Group and the essential role SIE plays in that vision. As I mentioned previously, FY24 marks the start of the Mid-Range Plan period for Sony Group in which we will set the course for sustainable growth.

The future is incredibly bright for SIE and that is thanks to all of you. Since I became Chairman in October 2023, I have been inspired by your enthusiasm, innovative approaches, and teamwork. These values will serve us well as we embark on the exciting future for SIE.

Please join me in congratulating Nishino-san and Hermen on their new roles.

Sony bless.

I just saw this this morning and also thought it a pretty creative solution to make two roles of the one. Related, I'd also read the travel to and from Japan wore Ryan down; Sony wants with the division of labor to remedy that.

I don't know anything about this Nishino cat. What's his background and Plat trophy count?
I don't know much about him either to be honest.

I usually get my PlayStation news from Mystic. He's one of the few YouTubers that doesn't rely on negativity or clickbait titles.

I don't know much about him either to be honest.

I usually get my PlayStation news from Mystic. He's one of the few YouTubers that doesn't rely on negativity or clickbait titles.

I need watch this guy more regularly. Like his coolheadedness but never remember him, TBH.

Back