Multiplatform Official Remnant 2 Discussion

Probably my last bump unless I find something game breaking.

I just want to announce that I have successfully collected every single item in the game. Every weapon. Every mutator. Every mod. Every piece of armor. Every trait. Every amulet. Every ring. It is done.

Not done playing the game, but probably taking my foot off the gas pedal to play some other games. DLC will probably chuck me back in though.

If anyone has any questions about builds, feel free to tag me and I'll certainly respond. Otherwise, until DLC, no more bumps from me. o7 boys it's been fun.

I just want to announce that I have successfully collected every single item in the game. Every weapon. Every mutator. Every mod. Every piece of armor. Every trait. Every amulet. Every ring. It is done.

Not done playing the game, but probably taking my foot off the gas pedal to play some other games. DLC will probably chuck me back in though.

If anyone has any questions about builds, feel free to tag me and I'll certainly respond. Otherwise, until DLC, no more bumps from me. o7 boys it's been fun.

Now that you've 100%, what are your overall thoughts?

Game is on sale on PSN. Probably not going to get to this for a long time with so many titles on the way but it will be something I will play once things calm down maybe in the summer of next year

Game is on sale on PSN. Probably not going to get to this for a long time with so many titles on the way but it will be something I will play once things calm down maybe in the summer of next year
No shame in picking this up and sitting on it with so much new content in the works and incoming. Super fun game.

Have they fixed the trophies yet? I was sitting at 81% with some of them glitches.

Waiting for dlc before I start playing again, only completed it on veteran

Now that you've 100%, what are your overall thoughts?

The buildcrafting is a lot of fun for everything except DPS. I built a tank that stands up to to Apoc mods at 25 weight so @Valhoven didn't have to look like a dildo. I've beaten Nightweaver with the Arbalest and punched Tal Ratha and Faelin to death. I can kill a few bosses in less than a minute with fire tornadoes.

The buildcrafting is a lot of fun for everything except DPS. I built a tank that stands up to to Apoc mods at 25 weight so @Valhoven didn't have to look like a dildo. I've beaten Nightweaver with the Arbalest and punched Tal Ratha and Faelin to death. I can kill a few bosses in less than a minute with fire tornadoes.

Interesting, thanks. So are you saying DPS build just don't compare to melee?

Have they fixed the trophies yet? I was sitting at 81% with some of them glitches.

Waiting for dlc before I start playing again, only completed it on veteran
I earned the Plat as of 2 weeks ago so everything works, bud.

Hardest trophy for me was the Silver for 25 aberrations (Ghost in the Machine) but that one’s really just a matter of commitment, not skill.

Fun journey for the Platinum and recommend.

Interesting, thanks. So are you saying DPS build just don't compare to melee?

No, just that it's boring. The best way to optimize DPS in the game is pretty much the same setup regardless of weapon, unless you're using bows and that just means swapping out a single ring for Archer's Crest. The only variations depend entirely on whether or not the boss has an easy weakspot.

There is plenty of fun in building shit that isn't just raw DPS, to be clear; It's just that if raw DPS is what you want, there aren't many options or routes to take doing it. Tanks/Melee is more fun because different bosses have different needs so you're building around the encounter instead of using the same build repeatedly.

Edit: I also realize that tanking and buildcrafting isn't the fun part of Remnant 2 for most people. I'm appealing to like 7 people who are interested in new ways to get punched in the mouth. So if raw DPS and actually being able to dodge is more your speed, I can help with that too.

Did you play the first Remnant and is it worth playing before this one?

You seem to love the sequel which is great. I haven't played either yet but the original goes on sale pretty often and I keep wanting to pull the trigger.

You seem to love the sequel which is great. I haven't played either yet but the original goes on sale pretty often and I keep wanting to pull the trigger.

I played the original one this year and thought it was a really good game. I'm excited to try out #2 eventually. I got it on sale also.

The first one was really good. They're very different in some key ways, but both are great.

You don't need the first one for the second one, though. Neither game relies on lore (even though the lore is pretty dense for what it is) so you can just jump in start playing either.

Faelin’s 3rd stage is pretty garbage ngl
You mean the airborne netherworld peek-a-boo shrouded more so by FU bombs of earthquaking sword summons dropping all around you? Nah, just another day mid-apocalypse. 10/10 boss arena though.

giphy.gif

You mean the airborne netherworld peek-a-boo shrouded more so by FU bombs of earthquaking sword summons dropping all around you? Nah, just another day mid-apocalypse. 10/10 boss arena though.

giphy.gif

Haha, yes thats the one. I really enjoyed the fight and the arena and boss were masterfully done, I just didn't like that I had very little control. It was a total crap shoot.. Run, roll and gun. Those pillars did a lot of damage. Thankfully that third stage only required surviving two rounds of it to close it out.

Now I'm on the search for The Red Prince and I cannot locate him.

Haha, yes thats the one. I really enjoyed the fight and the arena and boss were masterfully done, I just didn't like that I had very little control. It was a total crap shoot.. Run, roll and gun. Those pillars did a lot of damage. Thankfully that third stage only required surviving two rounds of it to close it out.

Now I'm on the search for The Red Prince and I cannot locate him.
Prince’s palace wing doesn’t always spawn so you might need re-roll Losomn in adventure mode. He’s hard AF on veteran and up so prepare your angus for peppering. Another epic battle awaits you.

Back