PlayStation Official Returnal Discussion

New update coming Monday

Highlights:

• Platinum: Added support for replaying certain Act 1 & Act 2 Trophies
  • Platinum: Added support to retroactively award Trophies which cannot be replayed
  • Platinum: Added additional locations for Scout Logs 9, 34, 35 & 46 to appear more often
  • Platinum: Fixed an issue where 1 Cipher was sometimes unobtainable for Biome Survey Trophies
  • Platinum: Fixed an issue where some Activity Cards displayed an incorrect count
  • UI: HUD labels for items are now hidden when Selene is firing a weapon
  • UI: Fixed an issue where 2 actions could be mapped to a single button after switching controller presets
  • Cinematics: Fixed a rare audio sync issue in the secret ending
  • Audio: General mix improvements across the experience
  • Audio: Improved surround sound setup support across the experience
  • Audio: Added more DualSense haptics across cinematic moments for deeper immersion
  • Audio: Added DualSense haptics when using the Icarian Grapnel
  • Audio: Improved the dynamic range recommendations system
  • Audio: Allow users to override the dynamic range recommendations
  • Audio: Allow users to change audio output from the game menu
    • Performance improvements, crash fixes, and multiple minor bug fixes

So far, this is my GOTY and it's not even close. Haven't played Ratchet yet, but this game is going to be hard to beat. It was practically perfect.

So far, this is my GOTY and it's not even close. Haven't played Ratchet yet, but this game is going to be hard to beat. It was practically perfect.

Nice to hear. I haven't even started playing games on my PS5 yet I have such a massive back log. It's nice to see though that when I start I'm going to have a lot to catch up on.

Damn biome 3 was absolutely kicking my ass. Finally beat it yesterday. Absolutely crushed it, got a high level gun I liked, good artifacts, tanky integrity, astronaut (didn't need), health vials, etc. Was able to beat the multiple automatons without taking damage finally. Adrenaline leech artifact is op. Basically kept me at full integrity the entire time.

Biome 4 was stupid easy imo, I had terrible equipment/artifacts, like half health and still beat it in my first run. I died in 5 but was basically ready to be done and didn't have anything good carrying over from 4.

Damn biome 3 was absolutely kicking my ass. Finally beat it yesterday. Absolutely crushed it, got a high level gun I liked, good artifacts, tanky integrity, astronaut (didn't need), health vials, etc. Was able to beat the multiple automatons without taking damage finally. Adrenaline leech artifact is op. Basically kept me at full integrity the entire time.

Biome 4 was stupid easy imo, I had terrible equipment/artifacts, like half health and still beat it in my first run. I died in 5 but was basically ready to be done and didn't have anything good carrying over from 4.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the difficulty drop from 3 into 4. It made sense later as biome 4 becomes your new starting point in Act 2, so it would suck to reach a tough biome, then restart there with no gear. I found Biome 5 to be the hardest level because of the tight corridors and over abundance of the missile drones lighting your ass up on suicide bomb runs. I had to cheese the swarms by luring a few to the doors since they wouldn't cross the threshold and I could take a few shots and step back enough to drop the door and avoid their rockets. Some of the enemies will cross into your room so you still have to be careful.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the difficulty drop from 3 into 4. It made sense later as biome 4 becomes your new starting point in Act 2, so it would suck to reach a tough biome, then restart there with no gear. I found Biome 5 to be the hardest level because of the tight corridors and over abundance of the missile drones lighting your ass up on suicide bomb runs. I had to cheese the swarms by luring a few to the doors since they wouldn't cross the threshold and I could take a few shots and step back enough to drop the door and avoid their rockets. Some of the enemies will cross into your room so you still have to be careful.

I'll probably do the same. I don't have a problem cheesing things. The slow careful approach helped me in 3. 1, 2 and 4 I could pretty much run and gun, use obstacles, etc without thinking I could die at any moment. 3 you could run into automatons, shielded enemies, drones, turrets lobbing shit, etc.

One tip I had read online is speed run to the artifact room to see if it has good stuff then clear out biome 1/4 because without a good load out you'll struggle with 3 & 5.

I'll probably do the same. I don't have a problem cheesing things. The slow careful approach helped me in 3. 1, 2 and 4 I could pretty much run and gun, use obstacles, etc without thinking I could die at any moment. 3 you could run into automatons, shielded enemies, drones, turrets lobbing shit, etc.

One tip I had read online is speed run to the artifact room to see if it has good stuff then clear out biome 1/4 because without a good load out you'll struggle with 3 & 5.

You could do that at beginning if your weapons aren't levelled up but once you have a few different weapons levelled up its not so bad. I focus on using different weapons so they're all levelled up.

With Biome 4 you can farm money there. Read up some of my posts a few pages back but there are several areas you can fast teleport to and wack the weeds once you clear all of biome 4. i would buy up all the artifacts and then move onto biome 5 with an extra 1200-1500. that would be enough to practically buy out everything.

Also i used to underuse the melee. Melee is strong as shit. If it's not a one hit kill it'll stun and allow you to finish them off or at least take a huge chunk of their energy. A good mix of firing, melee, and dodging will help you clear out rooms super fast. With good melee artifacts you can straight up destroy non-flying midbosses with relative ease.

Last edited:
I didn't have any trouble with 5. Beat it on my first real effort, I found the boss to be pretty easy actually. It was definitely a challenging level but I felt pretty in the zone.

I'll try 6 later.

Game is awesome, it looks so good. Plays great.

I didn't have any trouble with 5. Beat it on my first real effort, I found the boss to be pretty easy actually. It was definitely a challenging level but I felt pretty in the zone.

I'll try 6 later.

Game is awesome, it looks so good. Plays great.

Like I said earlier, I found 6 pretty easy as long as you take it slow. There are some new enemy types and they throw enemies at you that fire tons of homing shots that apply suit malfunctions if they hit you. You can get steam rolled pretty easy if you try and rush or short cut to biome 6 without some decent upgrades and weapons.

They patched the yellow star room in biome 6. The enemies would re-spawn if you visited another area with enemies and then re-entered the room. So it made for the perfect area to get and level up weapons (just gotta ensure you dodge all the red shots that can get you malfunctions). FAAACCKK. I was in the mood to farm and level up the rest of the weapons.. damnit.

I did level up most of them and i must say some are fucking OP as shit. I nuked the last boss in biome 6 with a near maxed out Rotgland Lobber in less than a minute (felt like 30 seconds honestly. it was crazy fast!)...

Beat 6 pretty easily.

Biome 3 gave me the most trouble in my first playthrough. I died probably 5 times getting through biome 2. Biome 3 probably kicked my ass 10+ times before I was able to beat it and when I did I crushed it. Getting used to the timing on the drones and automatons is really what helped me beat it.

I personally found 4 really easy.

I didn't die in 5 but it was also quite difficult. Having good artifacts, health and an upgraded electropylon made a huge difference comparing 3 to 5 in difficulty.

Replaying and collecting stuff in 1-3 now, breezed through 1-3 but I just ran into a major bug in the biome 3 nemesis fight. I was using the Elctropylon with web strike and it wouldn't land a hit. I had to alt fire my way to victory. Luckily I had a -2 second artifact and -3 second parasite. Health was extremely tanky, large vials, I had a regen at low health artifact and parasite and astronaut (didn't need). It took like 20 minutes. Maybe 1 in 20 shots of the electropylon would land but it would only last for a couple seconds and didn't connect with the other pylons barely doing damage. It started working in phase 3, drained him very quickly till about 40% health and then stopped working, I had to go back to alt fire.

I am at 98% for three biomes... I have no idea what I am missing... FFAACKKK THIS FUCKIN' GAME!!!

I am at 98% for three biomes... I have no idea what I am missing... FFAACKKK THIS FUCKIN' GAME!!!
Words of a true gamer. And like a true gamer, you will keep playing because the only winning move is to toil. Bleed for it, brother.

It’s been a while, but I remember going through my inventory and artifacts and was able to determine exactly what I was missing in each Biome. I remember the Glyphs were in a weird spot, like being tracked in your items for some reason.

I gave up on a glyph in Biome 2. Was reading some threads and people talked about 100+ runs to get a rare glyph. I loved the game but I needed to move on.

Picked this one up today going in entirely blind.

All I really know is shooter, rogue like, biomes with bosses at the end, kind of spooky. Figured it could be a fun one to hunker down and play during the colder days here

All I really know is shooter, rogue like, biomes with bosses at the end, kind of spooky. Figured it could be a fun one to hunker down and play during the colder days here

You know you're playing a great game when after you're finished for the day, you can't get it off of your mind. You're in for a fun ride.

That's what I'll be attempting... I bought it day 1 but I've yet to get over putting my PS5 to sleep/save & not be able to play Super Mega Baseball 3 in between.

You know you're playing a great game when after you're finished for the day, you can't get it off of your mind. You're in for a fun ride.
Oh……oh yeah this is one of those. Just burned two hours thinking it was ten minutes exploring the outstanding space environments and trying to make sense of a world I clearly understand little about currently.

My tangible progress feels like nothing but in significantly more knowledgeable about some of the resources and tools available to aid me.

This is gonna be a good one

Back