RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

Fury had his most success in the middle of the ring. Why he was fighting on the back foot like a smaller one was kinda strange.

He had three folks screaming at him in the corner. Probably baffled his brains.

It was a clinic late on by Usyk, just to good.

He really misjudged what he can and cannot get away with because of his previous experience against slow, plodding heavyweights.

He willingly went into the corner a lot and got lit up by Usyk's combinations. That's something you can get away with against some guy like Tom Schwarz but not against Usyk.

I expected a much dirtier fight from Fury with a lot of clutching, grabbing, questionable rabbit punches and low blows, etc. Surprised that it never really came down to that.

Wilder had him looking at the back of head, but Usyk put him on queer street wearing a pair of skates.
"Looking at the back of his head" is a term of endearment here, btw. The fact he got up from that is nuts, and I would not be surprised if that helped him get the benefit of the doubt tonight. He's a stubborn bastard (again, endearingly)

Reactions: HHJ
Well guys I'm gonna watch some more of the UFC card now, enjoyed the boxing fight, very good fight, very good pace for a HW fight, enjoyed it a lot, respect to both guys.. they both went for it and it was entertaining. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Yea that was a wtf moment, like no way uysk gonna quit in there.

Fury maybe got over confident but man uysk is just a machine.

Rematch going to be great.
I was thinking he is gonna suck it up and get through this.

But never seen him pushed to that point before.

NO it wasn't it was close but clear win for Usyk

I love Usyk but it really wasn’t. If you’re scoring round by roun
I do give Fury respect. He hurt Usyk several times in there. But then again so did Joshua.

Joshua never was ahead or made Usyk struggle.

Fury was up by a comfortable amount until knock down.

I felt the decision was correct, but i wouldn't have mad at a draw. Fury looked excellent at times there, and honestly Usyk was starting to look demoralised, but the 9th round was the difference for me.

Wait, people here actually think Fury got robbed?

I felt the decision was correct, but i wouldn't have mad at a draw. Fury looked excellent at times there, and honestly Usyk was starting to look demoralised, but the 9th round was the difference for me.
not mad at a draw? Fuck that shit those titles need to be unified one fuckin way or the other

Standing count was BULLSHIT.

Fury was hurt but not down or out on his feet. He was simply badly hurt but on his feet. Ref should have not intervened. And I think Usyk would have finished him off with one more combo. Ref's decision basically saved Fury from a KO loss.

Fury had his most success in the middle of the ring. Why he was fighting on the back foot like a smaller one was kinda strange.

He had three folks screaming at him in the corner. Probably baffled his brains.

It was a clinic late on by Usyk, just to good.
I felt he could have won or maybe stopped usyk if he pressed harder.

Back