RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

I think everyone should have known Usyk could hurt Fury, a bunch of people have hurt Fury. Only maybe it will affect Fury in the rematch as he won't be so proud about going down taking a count to recover when he's obviously rocked instead of letting Usyk swarm him.
When your head is swimming like that, it's difficult to have the awareness in the moment to take that knee.

How did you see it?
I didn't do a RBR, I missed the first two rounds so i couldnt get one started. I heard a bit, and it sounded like Usyk had more success with his left coming over. When I finally tuned in Fury was getting the better of Usyk. They weren't big punches* but he was getting some long combinations off and it seemed like Usyk was having trouble adjusting. If someone said it was 3-3 or even 2-5 for Fury going into the middle rounds that'd jive.

Usyk kept the body attack up though the whole time. He had to to set up anything up top. And it worked. From 9 on I had Usyk. He slowed a bit in the 11th but Fury wasn't exactly banging on all 8 either.

I wanted Usyk to win, I love that kind of underdog. It's a great story for the sport. But I thought that final card was going to be read for Fury and I wouldn't have minded that at all.

How about you? I have a feeling but I didn't see it from the horses mouth yet 😉

*had to clarify, except for the rights to the body. Holy shit those sounded nasty. I thought those would slow Usyk down late but ehh.

All good points. Yeah it'll be interesting to see what Bud does next. I think that the Canelo fight will happen. It'd be nuts if he won that.

Bud needs to beat benevidez to do what Usyk just did. Fury had 4-5 inches of height and 40 lbs lol. Not even close bud ain’t there

And he would have felt correctly - for a FEW rounds he was. but thats not to say it felt like Usyk was in any in real danger, just that for a time he established range and had Usyk retreating into high guard and throwing alot of whiffs. Usyk firmly re-established command tho imo. Still a great fight - its not like we always have to bash one guy after a fight...or do we..?
I thought both guys performed well. I'm guessing people will be criticizing Fury for backing up too much. But it's not that simple to walk down a volume striker with great defense like Usyk. You either have to outwork him or get ready to walk into a lot of shots. AJ had some success with it but could only keep the pressure for about 8 rounds.

You're a Usyk fanboy? I don't think so. Besides, I couldn't care less what you think. You've shown that you don't even know what you're talking about. I mean you're the guy that said Wilder was P4P ffs lol.

Aren’t you the guy that thought rocky Marciano would dominate today?

And yeah I was talking about wilder going into heavy weight fights weighing 209. That’s pretty impressive

I thought both guys performed well. I'm guessing people will be criticizing Fury for backing up too much. But it's not that simple to walk down a volume striker with great defense like Usyk. You either have to outwork him or get ready to walk into a lot of shots. AJ had some success with it but could only keep the pressure for about 8 rounds.
Yes you saw Fury hesitate to come forward because of Usyk's volume.

d6956bf0-156d-11ef-8df7-0760be480494

Great fight. Momentum went back and fort but at the end I think Usyk did enough.
Tyson recovery is unreal.
Rematch will/would be interesting. I feel Fury can make adjustments and get this one back

I didn't do a RBR, I missed the first two rounds so i couldnt get one started. I heard a bit, and it sounded like Usyk had more success with his left coming over. When I finally tuned in Fury was getting the better of Usyk. They weren't big punches but he was getting some long combinations off and it seemed like Usyk was having trouble adjusting. If someone said it was 3-3 or even 2-5 for Fury going into the middle rounds that'd jive.

Usyk kept the body attack up though the whole time. He had to to set up anything up top. And it worked. From 9 on I had Usyk. He slowed a bit in the 11th but Fury wasn't exactly banging on all 8 either.

I wanted Usyk to win, I love that kind of underdog. It's a great story for the sport. But I thought that final card was going to be read for Fury and I wouldn't have minded that at all.

How about you? I have a feeling but I didn't see it from the horses mouth yet 😉
I had Usyk edging it. There were definitely some close rounds in there though. It reminded me a bit of the Joshua fights with AJ doing his best work in the mid rounds. Same as Fury. But Usyk started well enough and closed strong enough to edge that one as well.

GN5ll6vXMAA4cd3

Metcalfe gave it to Fury by one, Fitzgerald gave it to Usyk by one: It's Palomo who made the difference with the three point gap. 🤔

Aren’t you the guy that thought rocky Marciano would dominate today?

And yeah I was talking about wilder going into heavy weight fights weighing 209. That’s pretty impressive
No, I've said the opposite. Marciano would've been way too small by today's heavyweight standards. He was only 180ish lbs and like 5'10.

What this thread will turn into is fury bashers saying it wasn’t close. Usyk bashers saying it wasn’t close. And the truth is the fight was razor close. Both guys got pushed beyond and gave each other the hardest fights of their career.

No, I've said the opposite. Marciano would've been way too small by today's heavyweight standards. He was only 180ish lbs and like 5'10.

Fair enough I thought you were that guy. Maybe it’s seano.

Again we can argue all day but this was a razor close fight that literally could have went either way. Only a fury hater would act any different

I had Usyk edging it. There were definitely some close rounds in there though. It reminded me a bit of the Joshua fights with AJ doing his best work in the mid rounds. Same as Fury. But Usyk started well enough and closed strong enough to edge that one as well.
It's a risky strategy. I thought Fury was going to spoil the whole thing with holding and putting his weight on Oleksander. Props to Fury for going out and trying to fight Usyk on even terms. I think hed be well served to make it uglier next time.

What this thread will turn into is fury bashers saying it wasn’t close. Usyk bashers saying it wasn’t close. And the truth is the fight was razor close. Both guys got pushed beyond and gave each other the hardest fights of their career.
Yeah upon reflection Usyk at 37, with a broken jaw and a very close win against a bigger and younger opponent, and his 0 intact, might retire after all. Respect if he takes that rematch.

Reactions: HHJ
Back