RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

Usyk is 18 months, 3 weeks and 5 days older. Just gives Fury a bit of an edge the age they are now.

1.5 years? Don’t think that gives Tyson any more edge. They are pretty much the same agent. Plus Tyson had crazy wars with wilder. Hes had way more fights than Usyk too. Tyson also turned pro way before Usyk.

1.5 years? Don’t think that gives Tyson any more edge. They are pretty much the same agent. Plus Tyson had crazy wars with wilder. Hes had way more fights than Usyk too. Tyson also turned pro way before Usyk.
Usyk had a long amateur career though. Over 350+ fights and he went to the Worlds & Olympics multiple times. That also causes wear & tear.

Just got around to watching. Better fight than I expected but went pretty much the way I expected also.

I gotta say, referees sure do like Fury.

Usyk is the man. Everything you could want in the world champ.

I hope a loss doesnt send Fury back to his out of the ring demons. Would love to see a rematch.

It's going to be interesting to see how he responds to the loss. Having listened to a couple of his books on Audible it's clear being undefeated and the lineal champ basically became part of his identity

It's going to be interesting to see how he responds to the loss. Having listened to a couple of his books on Audible it's clear being undefeated and the lineal champ basically became part of his identity
It may bother him but heavyweights are expected to lose at some point in their careers. Even the best did. Marciano was the only champ to retire on top undefeated and really you could argue that he shouldn't have been.

Willing to bet those crying that Fury got jobbed either lost money or lost their pride.

Usyk had a long amateur career though. Over 350+ fights and he went to the Worlds & Olympics multiple times. That also causes wear & tear.

No doubt. But trying to say Usyk and Tyson are some crazy age difference is not true tho. They are literally 1.5 years apart

Fury's written books??

All good points. Yeah it'll be interesting to see what Bud does next. I think that the Canelo fight will happen. It'd be nuts if he won that.
If he wins that he definitely is in the conversation. Then if he unifies the 154 belt he's probably going to win next I'm 100% cool with putting him at the top of the list and his thin resume & inactivity will be made up for. That would be a hell of a career.

Just got around to watching. Better fight than I expected but went pretty much the way I expected also.

I gotta say, referees sure do like Fury.
would you have stepped in and stopped it? Fury was really, really close to being completely knocked out. its a wonder he was able to walk the next round.

Has anyone had a better armature & pro career combined???

If anyone should know I trust your judgment on that.
I'd really have to think about that. Usyk has won everything there is to win as an amateur and he's now done that as a pro. However, we've also seen other highly credentialed amateur fighters do big things in the pros. Let me think it over. I'll get back to you on it.

Back