RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Garcia Discussion 4/20 8PM ET DAZN PPV

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
8InypAM.jpeg

Haney vs. Garcia
Saturday 04.20.2024 at 09:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
Promotion: Golden Boy Promotions
Venue: Barclays Center
Enclosure: Ring
Boxing Bouts: 6

A dangerous rivalry that has been brewing since their days in the amateur boxing scene has finally hit a fever pitch as undefeated, former undisputed lightweight champion and current WBC Super Lightweight Champion Devin “The Dream” Haney (31-0, 15 KOs) will defend his title against international PPV star “King” Ryan Garcia (24-1, 20 KOs). The 12-round fight is presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Haney Promotions, KingRy Promotions, and Matchroom Boxing. The mega-event will take place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Saturday, April 20, exclusively live on DAZN PPV.

Main Card – DAZN PPV – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia
Arnold Barboza Jr. vs. Sean McComb
Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Pierre Hubert Dibombe
John Ramirez vs. David Jimenez
Charles Conwell vs. Nathaniel Gallimore
Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Vaughn Alexander

Preliminary Card – YouTube – 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT

PRELIMS FREE STREAM

Is it the now usual behind closed doors bullshit weigh in ?

• Eek
Reactions: Gio
I feel genuinely sad for Ryan - I remember watching him during his Breakfast Club interview and he seemed so unnaturally amped up and had a frenetic energy to him. Since then, he has been spiraling. People (myself included) thought that it may be part of an act to throw Devin off of his game, but the fact he missed by so much and seemed spastic at the press conference suggests he is genuinely in trouble.

People who loved him should have postponed this fight. Even under the best of circumstances, Haney would be the favorite, but tomorrow may look like a white wash.

I feel genuinely sad for Ryan - I remember watching him during his Breakfast Club interview and he seemed so unnaturally amped up and had a frenetic energy to him. Since then, he has been spiraling. People (myself included) thought that it may be part of an act to throw Devin off of his game, but the fact he missed by so much and seemed spastic at the press conference suggests he is genuinely in trouble.

People who loved him should have postponed this fight. Even under the best of circumstances, Haney would be the favorite, but tomorrow may look like a white wash.
He's all good- he's now in Paul bros celebrity boxing realm where he is a legit ok boxer but is not actually a "real" fighter anymore.
He has too big an online following that gives him a "platform" & more money than he could ever count for playing the psuedo boxing game.
My only concern is that Haney, a proper fighter, has been drawn into this by way of history & desire to show his credentials in both boxing but also getting more attention because clearly, the money is there to be made in this online clicks game,

Outside forces have been taking grasps at Ryan Garcia's energy, ultimately making a young lad spiral out of control. This could be the beginning of the end for his boxing career.

Meanwhile, Haney keeps his energy focused and razor sharp, and will take home an extra large feast tonight as Garcia (fortunately for Haney) missed weight by 3lbs.

Yea the betting odds for Garcia is only sitting around +575 (should have extra 300 added there honestly) so this fight is a lock for Haney.

Cant miss this fuckin shit show now.

On the other hand, the risk of a KO from Devin Haney isn't that high (compared to TANK DAVIS) so Ryan Garcia ramping up the heat without regard for a sudden flash KO is a possibility.

Better to lose by UD vs getting KO'd in boxing.

Back