RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Garcia Discussion 4/20 8PM ET DAZN PPV

Of course that's what Dan Rafael would say. I was a big fan of Ryan, but he's lost me. The entire "looooooooool look at how kraaaaaazy and quirky I am" schtick is beyond tiresome. Yes, I know it's all marketing to sell the fight, but it gets tiresome fast. I hope he moves onto Misfits Boxing and goes on to fight folks like Dillon Danis, Nate Diaz and the rest of that crew.
I don’t think it’s an act, I think the guy is legitimately retarded

Social media got this kid fk'ed up. Now he's shit talking & going after Errol Spence over the Derrick James situation. He should just shut the fk up and focus on not getting CTE tonight. He's extremely underdeveloped & immature for an adult besides being mentally ill.

Social media likes & his followers got him convinced that every inexperienced thing he says or does has value & merit. This dude is a complete dumbass that is forever seeking validation.

I think it’s some foolishness. Watch him hug it out and apologize after the fight as usual. Then a few days after the fight he jumps back on the foolishness calling for a rematch and he increases the “looooool kraaaaaazines” ahead of his next fight and folks buy into it again.
Lotta schizophrenic people think they are “trolling” or just “messing around”, part of their detachment from reality is their mindset it’s “all for fun” or a “game” and can all be “taken back” and say “just forget all that stuff, it was an act”. Spending months acting foolish isn’t the game of some mastermind, or goofy promotion tactic. It’s desperate and weird

I think it’s some foolishness. Watch him hug it out and apologize after the fight as usual. Then a few days after the fight he jumps back on the foolishness calling for a rematch and he increases the “looooool kraaaaaazines” ahead of his next fight and folks buy into it again.
I predict he gets beat badly. Then goes on & on about his warrior heart and how he didn't quit. Blah blah blah. Then jumps back to the Jesus boat. Then tries to be buddy buddy with Devin i the ring post fight. Then runs home & starts twitter fingering excuses & blaming Oscar for the loss.
Hope Devin mushes his face or waves off the post fight brotherly antics.

Lotta schizophrenic people think they are “trolling” or just “messing around”, part of their detachment from reality is their mindset it’s “all for fun” or a “game” and can all be “taken back” and say “just forget all that stuff, it was an act”. Spending months acting foolish isn’t the game of some mastermind, or goofy promotion tactic. It’s desperate and weird
This...
Also, mental illness aside. I still don't get why now over this past decade or so trolling or "its just act for money & fame" has become an acceptable justification for shitty behavior. Like who cares if its a troll or "persona" if thats the image you portray a large amount of the time.
News flash. Thats who you now are. Its no longer an act. Its called you changed into an asshole. Simple as that.. Lol. Your baby pictures don't matter anymore. You're an ugly ass adult.

I don't follow boxing anymore but I hope Ryan Garcia gets the shit beat out of him tonight. He's earned a proper ass whooping with all this shit talk then not even coming close to making weight.

I won't play armchair psychiatrist and fully diagnose him, but I've seen too many people buy into social media way too much and they act a fool like this so that's what I'm basing his foolishness on.

Maybe it's real, maybe it's an act, but I personally don't buy into it. If it's real, then his team has failed him which is no shocker given who he surrounds himself with.
What makes it real or fake? His actions are what they are. Doesn't matter the justification. You also can't fake that type of manic nervous erratic energy. Its only hurting his image. Keep in mind this is a teen idol that was obsessed with is image & appearance.

Face tattoo incoming...

Gonna reply to this part of the comment made by someone named @Kovalev's "Man Bag"
At 135 Haney's chin looked a bit suspect but at 140 it looked sturdy against Prograis who is a harder hitter punch-for-punch than Garcia. Probably because he's not draining himself as much (he still rehydrated 25 lbs against Prograis at 140, Haney was 165 on fight night). Another thing to note is that Haney's already been in with several highly athletic fighters with great hand speed (Linares, Loma, Gamboa, etc). So, Garcia's speed in theory will be less of a factor.
This means that Haney's around the same size of someone like Terence Crawford who was recorded once weighing in at 165 (I googled Crawford's in ring weight and an interview came up where that number was brought up).

This also makes him bigger than Mayweather who weighed 150 in the weigh ins against McGregor, and whose weight didn't deviate much inside the ring after.

You think he's big enough to make Welter?

Too bad he's undisputed LW world champ. I dunno how he makes that weight limit seriously.

Gonna reply to this part of the comment made by someone named @Kovalev's "Man Bag"

This means that Haney's around the same size of someone like Terence Crawford who was recorded once weighing in at 165 (I googled Crawford's in ring weight and an interview came up where that number was brought up).

This also makes him bigger than Mayweather who weighed 150 in the weigh ins against McGregor, and whose weight didn't deviate much inside the ring after.

You think he's big enough to make Welter?
Of course Haney is big enough to make welterweight. To prove that I didn't just pull his rehydrated weight out of my ass.

I want to see my Haney vs Lopez somewhere down the line but I doubt Lopez will (or can. He towered over Lomachenko in the weigh ins) move back down to LW.

But the super lightweight division looks kind of dry aside from Lopez being champ there and jumping from LW to WW is a huge jump, so...

Wow, Haney really is making the right decision staying in that LW class after all (because super LW is meh and WW is a huge risk for him and his undefeated record) 🤔

Of course that's what Dan Rafael would say. I was a big fan of Ryan, but he's lost me. The entire "looooooooool look at how kraaaaaazy and quirky I am" schtick is beyond tiresome. Yes, I know it's all marketing to sell the fight, but it gets tiresome fast. I hope he moves onto Misfits Boxing and goes on to fight folks like Dillon Danis, Nate Diaz and the rest of that crew.
Having watched different people I know descend into mania and skitzophrenia, it always seems like they are joking or pulling some act in the beginning.

Back