RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Inoue vs Nery Discussion 5/6 6AM ET (ESPN+)

But he then got up and beat the shit out of Nery and stopped him. This is also way above his natural weight class.

The fuck else you want? And if you're looking for the most overrated top level fighter out there, look no further than Crawford.
This IS his natural weight class. He's been weight bullying his whole career. If he really wants a test, 126 is right there.

If you watch that knockdown, he leaves his chin wide open because he loads with with the right hand down at his hip. That worked against weaker, smaller fighters. It won't work against the bigger, more talented fighters.

i mean yeah, if inoue didn't have incredible speed, reflexes, KO power in both hands, excellent stamina, explosiveness, a great chin, precision in his shots, a great punch selection, good fight IQ, and clean technique... he'd be a nobody. i agree.

My point is his "great punch selection" and "good fight iq" wouldn't mean anything if he didn't have P4P athleticism.

What makes Inoue special are his athletic gifts, nothing else, which isn't something I would say about Terrence Crawford.

i mean yeah, if inoue didn't have incredible speed, reflexes, KO power in both hands, excellent stamina, explosiveness, a great chin, precision in his shots, a great punch selection, good fight IQ, and clean technique... he'd be a nobody. i
I think the argument is if Inoue wasn't one of the best fighters in the world- he wouldn't be one of the best fighters in the world? Lol.

I rate Crawford and Canelo above him. They've fought and beaten better opponents.
Dude, Canelo's last 4 opponents were Munguia, Charlo, Ryder and 40-year-old Golovkin. And he lost to Bivol before that. He should lose at least 1 spot in the P4P ranking for each of those fights.

This IS his natural weight class. He's been weight bullying his whole career. If he really wants a test, 126 is right there.

If you watch that knockdown, he leaves his chin wide open because he loads with with the right hand down at his hip. That worked against weaker, smaller fighters. It won't work against the bigger, more talented fighters.

So for one moment he loads up at the start of the fight and gets caught, recovers and then looks flawlessly brutal for the remaining 5 rounds, and that's what you think? You've had so many retarded takes over the years i can't help but laugh.

Also, Usyk is ahead of Canelo P4P so you're wrong with that one too.

I rate Crawford and Canelo above him. They've fought and beaten better opponents.
Crawford got dropped by a Latvian cab driver and has 4 good opponents in 40 fights. Not to mention Porter was retiring after the fight and Spence nearly died in a car crash. It doesn't mean the wins don't count, but worth mentioning.

Crawford's resume is not good at all and he never fights. He has 3 fights since the end of 2021 while Inoue has fought 6x during that span.

no....? he was a smaller guy who started at 108 and then has built himself up into the weight class he's in now. his body may be nearing its physical limitations when we talk about 130-135 pounds. but 122 is NOT his natural weight class. no such thing as a "weight bully" anyway - if you make the weight, you can fight at the weight.

and this is the same cope every time. Inoue became undisputed at 118 and people said he beat no one, even though Donaire was in the midst of a career resurgence. Inoue became undisputed at 122 and people immediately tried to discredit it when they were hyping up Fulton previously. he's never gonna get respect by some fans and theyre all overdosing on copium.

why is this his natural weight class? has he ever missed weight?

what the fuck is weight bullying anyway?! he makes weight every time, and knocks people dead. and when he does it enough in a weight class, he moves up and does it there, too. he's 5 divisions higher than he started off, and every time he's moved up dipshits claimed this was finally a true test for him... and then he knocked everyone out and those same dipshits claimed he wasn't being challenged. but surely he will be when he moves up again!

why is this his natural weight class? has he ever missed weight?

what the fuck is weight bullying anyway?! he makes weight every time, and knocks people dead. and when he does it enough in a weight class, he moves up and does it there, too. he's 5 divisions higher than he started off, and every time he's moved up dipshits claimed this was finally a true test for him... and then he knocked everyone out and those same dipshits claimed he wasn't being challenged. but surely he will be when he moves up again!

He'll be exposed if he moves up 130 and fights someone his own weight!

If he cleans out 126 it'll be nah he gotta move up again.

My point is his "great punch selection" and "good fight iq" wouldn't mean anything if he didn't have P4P athleticism.

What makes Inoue special are his athletic gifts, nothing else, which isn't something I would say about Terrence Crawford.
how good would floyd be if he wasn't athletically gifted? tyson? ali?

this is an athletic sport. athletic ability is very much a part of it, and always has been.

and i reckon crawford wouldn't be worth jack shit if he didn't have speed, KO power, and precision. but it's a silly suggestion. he has all that, in abundance.

edit: actually, i thought of someone who fits your description much better. josh kelly is all athleticism and flash. maybe prince naseem, too. can't say i'd lump naoya in with those two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back