RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So then whats the point of going to such a vested effort to make everyone he fought look like bums

Even the greats of boxing fight bums for 10+ fights

But we holding Jake of all people to a higher standard?

Nate obviously presented a very real challenge tonight. As I expected him to.

He's a warrior and his style has the potential to present a lot of guys problems down the stretch. Especially a relatively green boxer like Jake.

He arguably beat a prime Conor twice by virtue of his style.

Why go to such an effort to make Nate and everyone Jake fought look like bums?

It seems like you're doing everything in your power to avoid showing the kid even a little bit of respect?

Even Nate, he isn't an elite boxer by any means. But he's been training with Andre ward for a decade. He's had some very impressive performances against elite strikers.

Most pros who've trained with him or seen him train have generally been very respectful and acknowledge that he can be a hand full

Both guys deserve tremendous respect. As does any fighter who truly puts their blood sweat and tears into the sport.

But here you are doing everything in your power to make everyone involved seem like bums.

How many of them routinely headline PPVs, making millions against fighters who have never amassed a single victory in the sport?

Jake's stock as a 5 to 1 favorite, nearly 2 to 1 to finish the fight didn't raise tonight after beating 39 year old MMA Nate Diaz in a boxing match.

He did what the vast majority of individuals who actually follow combat sports expected him to do, my condolences for being so far out of the loop you genuinely believed the masses expected this to be competitive.

Tbh he did less, I thought he would finish Nate and was pretty confident in it

Like most MMA fighters Paul gets beat by the top 100 pro boxers in his weight class.

Problem is, MMA fighters shouldn't have to embarrass themselves fighting YouTubers who want to leech their notoriety. It's totally exploitative.
Nate is almost 40. I don't think he cares about fighting much longer.

How come UFC Fighters couldn't beat a Youtuber in a boxing match?
Are UFC fighters really this bad in boxing?
They can't even beat someone who's not as used to fighting as they are?

rmxgbvdcx1nqqixwjpl7.jpg

1313060132.0.jpg

0_Jake-Paul-vs-Anderson-Silva-Glendale-USA-29-Oct-2022.jpg

i
Well multiple factors, mma fighters learn mma type of boxing and have "bad" pure boxing habits ingrained

Jake has been on steroids and boxing for half a decade by now and he has a size advantage and is young.
Kinda make sense he's at a shitty pro boxer/ cab driver journeyman level now and that beats most mma fighters in pure boxing

How many of them routinely headline PPVs, making millions against fighters who have never amassed a single victory in the sport?

Jake's stock as a 5 to 1 favorite, nearly 2 to 1 to finish the fight didn't raise tonight after beating 39 year old MMA Nate Diaz in a boxing match.

He did what the vast majority of individuals who actually follow combat sports expected him to do, my condolences for being so far out of the loop you genuinely believed the masses expected this to be competitive.
Well, no.

Most people expected Jake to walk through him.

I expected Nate to present unique challenges, especially in the later rounds.

Which is exactly what happened.

Diaz had a better showing for himself in terms of his boxing than we've seen from him, other than his Conor fights.

Mostly after the 8th round but still.

Discrediting the challenge and threat he presented because of his age just makes you look pathetic.

He was a formidable test. As I expected him to be.

Nate is a very unassuming fighter. He looks like shit a lot, but his peaks of success when he gets into a flow can be surprisingly impressive.

Like Dom Cruz always said, phone booth warfare. The Diaz bros have always been amongst the best in mma at that range.

Last edited:

Tbh he did less, I thought he would finish Nate and was pretty confident in it
I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting

Do you think he should fight canelo in order to deserve your mythical respect?

What exactly are you expecting from a green, amateur level boxer who's been doing as short a time as he has

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say or what your point is. You're all over the place bud.

let's face facts and say Diaz was never intended to beat McGreagor

Well, no.

Most people expected Jake to walk through him.

I expected Nate to present unique challenges, especially in the later rounds.

Which is exactly what happened.

Diaz had a better showing for himself in terms of his boxing than we've seen from him, other than his Conor fights.

Mostly after the 8th round but still.

Discrediting the challenge and threat he presented because of his age just makes you look pathetic.

He was a formidable test. As I expected him to be.

Nate is a very unassuming fighter. He looks like shit a lot, but his peaks of success when he gets into a flow are surprisingly impressive.

Like Dom Cruz always said, phone booth warfare. The Diaz bros have always been amongst the best in mma at that range.

Low-key probably the dumbest response I've ever received on sherdog.

"Bringing up the fact that the 155 lb MMA fighter is pushing 40 years old makes you look pathetic"

Unfortunately no, statistically athletes Nate Diaz's age are significantly well past their primes.

You look like the ultimate dick rider incapable of forming your own opinion when you say things like the bolded btw.

I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting

Do you think he should fight canelo in order to deserve your mythical respect?

What exactly are you expecting from a green, amateur level boxer who's been doing as short a time as he has

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say or what your point is. You're all over the place bud.

As I've stated numerous times throughout our dialogue, I would like to see Jake Paul fight a professional boxer on a similar level to Tommy Fury again.

Granted that's a pretty low standard for somebody headlining PPV's and earning millions, but certainly still a large step up from boxing Nate Diaz.

I know the Paul brothers are annoying but try not to let your jimmies get so rustled lol You know JP has already fought Anderson Silva and Tommy Fury right? Lets ignore that though, so please tell me which MMA fighter is not currently under a contract that restricts them from fighting Jake Paul in boxing that competes at 185 that makes more sense to fight than Nate Diaz?

How did the make the Nate Diaz fight happen when Nate was in a ufc contract. Same way Costa recently had his last ufc fight before he resigned. Why did Jake not tell him to let the contract end and box him.

Why is he calling out former 155 145 fighters Masvidal and Conor who are under contract with the UFC. But he never mentions fighting Izzy or Alex

Dumb to say he fought Anderson. The Man is more then 20 years older, he's 47. Way out his prime.

Only guy he fought that was a tough challenge in boxing is Fury, and he lost.

The Tyron fight was also OK for his 3rd fight. But he did choose him on a big skid, Tyron didn't win a round in 4 fights. Plus shorter and a category below.

Why are you pretending he is looking for mma fighters in their prime of the same weight.

Askren WW
Tyron WW
Nate LW / WW
Conor 145 / 155 / 170
Mas 155/ 170
Anderson MW but freaking 47 years old

That's a very clear pattern of who he looks to box. Are you seriously saying he can't make anything happen vs MWs. Offering UFC MWs milions to drop by and fight him can't be hard. Their contracts also end at some point. He can get them before they resign.

Last edited:
Low-key probably the dumbest response I've ever received on sherdog.

"Bringing up the fact that the 155 lb MMA fighter is pushing 40 years old makes you look pathetic"

Unfortunately no, statistically athletes Nate Diaz's age are significantly well past their primes.
Sure. But Jake isn't an elite boxer.

He's a relatively green, amateur level boxer who's been training for a short time in the grand scheme.

Nate, irregardless of his age presented very real challenges. Particularly when it came to pressure on the inside and endurance going into deeper waters. Nate's boxing looked more impressive from the 8th round on than almost every point of his mma career.

That style can be tricky to deal with, especially if you're not a seasoned fighter who's been been tested in that sense before.

Writing him off exclusively because of his age is casual nonsense.

You're looking for a reason to make Jake look bad. That's all this really comes down to.

Maybe try showing some respect for warriors who put their blood into fighting.

This was a competitive fight. Jake was tested. If the fight had two more rounds, there's a good chance he might have even lost.

What exactly do you expect more than this?

Last edited:
Jake Paul was supposed to get tuned up as soon as he fought anybody with an actual fighting background.

He hasn’t, is it really so hard to admit he’s better than most people thought he would be.

Sure. But Jake isn't an elite boxer.

He's a relatively green, amateur level boxer who's been training for a short time in the grand scheme.

Nate, irregardless of his age presented very real challenges. Particularly when it came to pressure on the inside and endurance going into deeper waters. Nate's boxing looked more impressive from the 8th round on than almost every point of his mma career.

That style can be tricky to deal with, especially if you're not a seasoned fighter who's been been tested in that sense before.

Writing him off exclusively because of his age is casual nonsense.

I never said he was

Nate was literally graded a "D" by two high level professional boxers who were asked to grade his performance by the commentators after the fight.

Porter then proceeded to reluctantly, uncomfortably grade Jake Paul a "C+" and stated he looked technically significantly better against Tommy Fury.

I don't dick ride the opinions of others, but I do concur with Porters assessment of this particular fight.

Jake Paul was supposed to get tuned up as soon as he fought anybody with an actual fighting background.

He hasn’t, is it really so hard to admit he’s better than most people thought he would be.

Kinda feel like this question would've been more relevant several years ago.

He's definitely better than most everyone anticipated, which is a large reason why many are disappointed that he continues to have fights with 40 year old undersized MMA fighters who lack professional boxing experience.

He's like I thought he was. I picked him vs Anderson and Nate. I don't remeber who I picked in the Woodley fight.

Jake is a decent cherry picker. That's the thing, he's solid enough to fight guys his own size.

He has a perfect team and conditions to train. Dude is filthy rich without any obligations or distractions. Buying bums to get KOd by him in sparring. Target practice.

He's decently powerful. Nate doesn't have any natural power just endurance. Jake doesn't look like a contender but not bad. He's solely focused on boxing. It's the shit talking that makes me dislike him. Acting like he beats all ufc Champs. Woodley weight below and on big skid. You didn't fight a prime Kamaru or Leon Edward's. Anderson is a senior citizen in fighting years. Askren is a non striker. Nate never champ.
Actually I favor Jake vs Prime Kamaru. Kamaru has basic boxing mistakes and is not a good striker. He's powerful and tough and got a couple moves but his fundamentals are of someone who started to strike at like 25 years.

The fact that a boxing guy keeps going for non boxers every single time besides the Fury fight. Lol freak show.

Did he pick the best most profitable match ups possible. Apsolutely. Is he decent at boxing. Yes. None of these results surprise me.

Maybe him vs Perry would be good. Or GSP. But GSP also a bit of a safe picker, would prefer Khabib, Floyd or if it's mw then skip Anderson and go for Bisping opportunistically. But don't def vs the Romeros, Withaker, Jacares and rest of the gang

Diaz took the money to lose come on he was basically laughing throughout the whole match

Back