RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of them routinely headline PPVs, making millions against fighters who have never amassed a single victory in the sport?

Jake's stock as a 5 to 1 favorite, nearly 2 to 1 to finish the fight didn't raise tonight after beating 39 year old MMA Nate Diaz in a boxing match.

He did what the vast majority of individuals who actually follow combat sports expected him to do, my condolences for being so far out of the loop you genuinely believed the masses expected this to be competitive.

Tbh he did less, I thought he would finish Nate and was pretty confident in it
Watching people like you get so upset over a rich kid deciding to box when he didn’t have to, is hilarious.

I don’t even like Jake but I love hearing overweight couch warriors cry about how “hE NeeDS tO FiGHt a BoxEr” when he himself is not a “real boxer” if he’s only fighting non-boxers? Circular arguments.

He’s getting these guys paid.

Why is a Middleweight boxer calling out former Lightweights
Why is a 26 guy picking 47 year old oponents
Why is a boxer only fighting mma fighters

Why do you call him youtuber when he's been boxing for 5 years

Why is he not fighting actual boxers of the same size and weight category

Why is he not interested about fighting Israel and Pereira

Whatever is your baseline discipline that you’ve learned or dedicated all your time to you will have the advantage.

An MMA fighters instincts in boxing are all wrong, your muscle memory is all wrong, your understanding of distance is all wrong.

The fact these guys are long in tooth counts against them even more because it’s years on years of ingrained training that has nothing to do with winning a boxing match.

It’s so hard to shake your conditioning - I grew up boxing and then learned Muay Thai as an adult. One of my biggest deficiencies in Thai is still that when I get tired or under pressure I drop into a boxing stance to throw shots. Buried deep in my brain there’s an innate learning that throwing shots out of that more bladed stance is the way to do it. It’s soooooo hard to unlearn that for a different context

Watching people like you get so upset over a rich kid deciding to box when he didn’t have to, is hilarious.

I don’t even like Jake but I love hearing overweight couch warriors cry about how “hE NeeDS tO FiGHt a BoxEr” when he himself is not a “real boxer” if he’s only fighting non-boxers? Circular arguments.

He’s getting these guys paid.

He's literally a professional boxer who's been training for years and has multiple fights at this point.

What the fuck is a "real boxer" by your definition if Jake isn't? He's not a particularly great pro boxer, but he's certainly more experienced in the ring than the corpse of 39 year old Nate Diaz who's never had a professional boxing match in his life.

Also this sounds like massive projection, I have pretty much zero doubts you're an overweight, balding 40+ year old man just based on this single line.

I never said he was

Nate was literally graded a "D" by two high level professional boxers who were asked to grade his performance by the commentators after the fight.

Porter then proceeded to reluctantly, uncomfortably grade Jake Paul a "C+" and stated he looked technically significantly better against Tommy Fury.

I don't dick ride the opinions of others, but I do concur with Porters assessment of this particular fight.
Pretty classic nate performance tbh

He starts slow and gets better as the fight goes on.

D is accurate for most of the fight.

But he looked good after the 8th.

Some of the combinations he was throwing on the inside were nice.

It's all relative really. If we're comparing them to elite boxers, neither of them are very good.

But does that mean we show no respect for boxers at every level of the game because they're not upper echelon?

I'm a bit confused as to what you expect from Jake.

You seem to be more fixated on age and useless semantics but not the fact that he's actually being tested in a fair and reasonable way, relative to his experience.

You don't ride others opinions but you could legit be an ad for the average Jake Paul Hater in youtube comments, lol.

Idk why showing respect is that hard. People that always have to find a way to discredit others have some issues I feel.

Cause the coward Jake cherry picks smaller guys from a different sport who are out of their prime

LoL boxer who invested milions into his camps only fought 1 actual boxer in 8 fights

The rest literally made their boxing debuts Vs him

Not just non boxers but always smaller ones. Besides Anderson who therefore was old enough to give up the advantage

I picked Jake to beat Nate and Anderson. No surprise there. He's decent at boxing. But gotta leach of mma for relevance cause he isn't worth much as boxer. He doesn't contend at his own sport, boxing

He's literally a professional boxer who's been training for years and has multiple fights at this point.

What the fuck is a "real boxer" by your definition if Jake isn't? He's not a particularly great pro boxer, but he's certainly more experienced in the ring than the corpse of 39 year old Nate Diaz who's never had a professional boxing match in his life.

Also this sounds like massive projection, I have pretty much zero doubts you're an overweight, balding 40+ year old man just based on this single line.
Nate has been training with Andre ward and other pro boxers for over a decade.

I'd say his experience greatly trumps Jake.

Why so invested in attacking Nate? He looked good. May as well just not even watch the fight. Just analyze his age. That clearly holds all the answers.

Anyone who thinks this should be banned. They don't know enough about MMA to join a discussion with Sherbros.

Pretty classic nate performance tbh

He starts slow and gets better as the fight goes on.

D is accurate for most of the fight.

But he looked good after the 8th.

Some of the combinations he was throwing on the inside were nice.

It's all relative really. If we're comparing them to elite boxers, neither of them are very good.

But does that mean we show no respect for boxers at every level of the game because they're not upper echelon?

I'm a bit confused as to what you expect from Jake.

You seem to be more fixated on age and useless semantics but not the fact that he's actually being tested in a fair and reasonable way, relative to his experience.

You don't ride others opinions but you could legit be an ad for the average Jake Paul Hater in youtube comments, lol.

Idk why showing respect is that hard. People that always have to find a way to discredit others have some issues I feel.

I wasn't aware that bringing up an athlete being drastically past their physical prime, their complete and total lack of experience and their blatant physical size disadvantage was irrelevant in a discussion regarding combat sports.

My mistake.

I wasn't aware that bringing up an athlete being drastically past their physical prime, their complete and total lack of experience and their blatant physical size disadvantage was irrelevant in a discussion regarding combat sports.

My mistake.
Nate walks at 200 pounds and he clearly gained mass for this

He wasn't outsized at all

Maybe spend more time watching the actual fights instead of studying Wikipedia and the opinions of others for answers

Not sure why everyone making excuses. Paul is beating up mma fighters in boxing. They have much more combat experience than him. Woodley, Anderson and Nate all should have been able to beat him, given his experience. Sure he trains a lot, but so do they. Give props to the kid.

Paul started out as a Youtuber, though, and took up boxing as a gimmick to make money. Not the same thing (at all) as established fighters starting a YouTube channel.

He's actually a rassler turned boxer. Are we gonna call every MMA fighter by every other profession they have had in the past? Like call them paperboys or fastfood restaurant workers?

And it's indeed not the same, Jake has had about 5 years of exclusive boxing training from elite level boxing trainers, while these MMA fighters aren't really boxers. Jake is much more legit of a boxer than these MMA fighters. Calling him (just) a YTer is just childish trashtalk and it shows an inability or unwillingness to take a level headed approach to this. Which, TBF, is par of the course here on SD, in general, so it's not like I'm surprised or anything.

Last edited:
And these mma fighters have the nerve to ask dana for more money!

Nate has been training with Andre ward and other pro boxers for over a decade.

I'd say his experience greatly trumps Jake.

Why so invested in attacking Nate? He looked good. May as well just not even watch the fight. Just analyze his age. That clearly holds all the answers.

How often has he trained with Andre Ward? He's had zero professional boxing matches at the age of 39. Phil Brooks trained with some of the highest level martial artists on planet earth for years, how did that turn out for him in the cage?

You seem to hold the opinion of professional athletes extremely highly, so what of Porter being highly critical of Nate's lack of boxing ability tonight?

Do I need to embarrass you by showing you a graph of how downward the trend is for athletes Nate's age? I don't know how old you are my man, but I've got bad news if you believe you're physically going to be the same at 40 as you are at 30.

How come UFC Fighters couldn't beat a Youtuber in a boxing match?
Are UFC fighters really this bad in boxing?
They can't even beat someone who's not as used to fighting as they are?
Nate's style isnt made for boxing and Paul looked sharp. Paul is legit.

Back