RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Santioned Lomachenko vs. Kambosos Discussion 5/11, 11PM ET (ESPN/ESPN+)

This is similar to my thought on Teo which I have said in other threads. He relies on his physical attributes like Ryan Garcia, but neither of them show brainy techniques. Even a guy like Canelo runs circles around them in terms of defensive technique.
I don't agree that Teo is bad boxer not alone bum.
Yeah, he had physical and shape advantage vs Loma and still before fight I had assumed that he will do....and he still managed to be real gentleman. If I was Teo for Loma it had been far worse outcome...
For me Teo didn't liked looks cos his dad social media activities etc...while this boring fight changed my opinions about Teo. As person he looks that even is honest guy, ofc unlucky with dad's activities etc... and not ideal...why not...make it.

What stuff liked for me? He then managed to keep clean stuff despite had a lot of chances to gave dirtybox lesson. Lopez isn't Salido.
He weights in according to contract, didn't had boxed dirty and didn't had turned boxing fight into stand-up wrestling bout...etc.
Admitted that he is large for division and does have problems to make weight and that training camps takes a lot...
And AFAIK it was Loma who had refused to sign 2 bouts contract not Lopez.
Lopez signed fight contract without rematch offered and after this Loma scared to to get rematch?
I will repeat..Lopez , bad or good isn't Salido ...he didn't had lost belt on scales and didn't had bothered boxing fans with dirtyboxe lectures during 12 rounds.

Ofc, loo that had underrated Kambosos .....

To call as bum any boxer even listed in top 100 in am or pro...it is .....0 words here....

Haha. I fell asleep. I was fighting it for about 45 minutes and then I don’t know what happened. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

It sounds like it wasn’t very competitive, that’s kind of interesting considering Loma’s age and what Kambosos did to Teo.

Where does he go from here? Dude is getting up there.

See you suckers next weekend
Mother's Day weekend, a lot going on.. late start and tired. I think I made it to the 8th - 9th when I figured Loma had it in the bag..

Kambosos compared himself to Gatti in the post fight interview

Pac cruises around Gen Santos City on an armored vehicle. He gifted Bobby Pacquiao (KO'd Kevin Kelly) a luxury motorcycle.

Teofimo Lopez is a bum. There is not a single fight in which he’s managed to showcase boxing abilities.

People assume he knows how to box because he beat Commey and Loma but that’s not what happened:
- In the Commey fight, an overhand ended the fights after only 10 seconds.
- In the Loma fight, Loma was never in range for Lopez to brawl.

Those are the ONLY fights in which he didn’t look like a bar brawler. All his other fights have looked like crap. All his wins are due to his athleticism.
I think he’s low IQ and insecure as all hell in a way that makes him fight low IQ, but a brawler? Nah.

Clear beatdown for Loma

Whats next? Another Haney loss?
I'm tired of Loma remaking David and Goliath. He can beat guys like Tank and Haney on his best day but he's just way too small to hurt them. He's definitely overperforming at lightweight. I don't see him getting the win back from Haney. Tank seems a bit more likely but still a rough fight

Just missing @Seano to tell us Loma isnt that good and Haney is on another level despite being clobbered by a drug addict in the middle of a mental breakdown
It amuses me to no end that folks like you simply can't stand that I just don't really care for the guy as a fighter. How personally you all take it is hilarious. I don't enjoy the guys style. He's boring and all his fights look exactly the same and he has the personality of a toenail. I just don't care for the guy, get over it already. It has no bearing on your worship of the guy.

----

Loma did kind of look like shit last night, though. He's lucky he was fighting a C list fighter like Kambosos. He's clearly lost some speed and thats really all that makes him special.

I'm tired of Loma remaking David and Goliath. He can beat guys like Tank and Haney on his best day but he's just way too small to hurt them. He's definitely overperforming at lightweight. I don't see him getting the win back from Haney. Tank seems a bit more likely but still a rough fight
It’s hard to say with how all the fights that have happened played out

Teo over Loma
Kambosos over Teo
Haney over Kambosos x2
Haney over Loma
Tank over Ryan
And the 140 fights that’s blur the picture even more

Kinda hard to tell where Loma fits, but I think he has a chance against them all still.

If he fought Haney like he fought last night, wouldn’t have been a loss to begin with imo. Lomas offense early on looked a little forced, but it was a huge improvement to the slow starts he’s been giving guys. I think outside of the toss up first round which I gave Loma anyway and the 3rd round where sheer luck of timing gave Kambosos success, Loma turning up the heat early and giving up a few exchanges resulted in him BURYING Kambosos.

I think
A) Loma realizes 12 rounds is no eternity and with his gas tank he has no reason to “figure out” his opponent THEN execute, he just needs to respect the opponent and beat the hell out of them.
B) and furthermore I think recent times of his life have opened his eyes to some maturity and down to earth grasp of life he didn’t formerly possess, and a dose of such humility and real-world perspective is going to make even the most tired old warhorse truly hungry again. It ain’t fun getting older, it ain’t fun feeling surpassed, it ain’t fun seeing your dreams get foiled, and it ain’t fun watching the world you thought you knew change right before your eyes (Ukraine). Coming back and being a professional now takes more grit than ever.

Could just be a little resurgence in his late career, would be a hell of a story.

It amuses me to no end that folks like you simply can't stand that I just don't really care for the guy as a fighter. How personally you all take it is hilarious. I don't enjoy the guys style. He's boring and all his fights look exactly the same and he has the personality of a toenail. I just don't care for the guy, get over it already. It has no bearing on your worship of the guy.

----

Loma did kind of look like shit last night, though. He's lucky he was fighting a C list fighter like Kambosos. He's clearly lost some speed and thats really all that makes him special.
I felt like until round 4 he was forcing work in to ensure no rounds were lost and I remember him getting tagged some in the 3rd, but outside that it was only here and there Loma was getting caught. Might be a bad sign when talking guys like Tank, but I think as far as looking good here and doing his job so the Tank fight can even happen, well I’m gonna say Matrix knocked it outta the park.

Is Loma actually that much smaller than Tank nowadays????

If Loma is still that much smaller than Tank maybe they should look to do some type of catch weight with Loma vs The Monster instead of Tank.

But I'm sure Loma rather look to unify and collect real belts.

All the all time greats have campaigned over their weight class though to fight the biggest and best names available at times. I think if Loma is the goat his fans want him to be he should look to take out these young undefeated fighters.
Plus Loma deserves to fight people with a big name and big followings.

Just catching up watching this fights highlights, I had to witness some hot balls yesterday so I missed most of the match.

Loma turned back the clock, he looked great. It's like his fists are swarms of flies; just unending combos and workrate, everywhere you turn there's a fist in your face. Kambosos was game at first but I could tell by midway through he was getting frustrated. Dude has a crazy chin though; Loma went to the body because he couldn't KO Kambosos to the head.
Would love to see Loma make Shakur go away. Would also love to see Loma/Tank FINALLY, because that is a damn good chess match on paper. Cheers to Loma, he's a champ again.

EDIT - apparently Tank called Loma out? Nice. Gotta make that happen.

I felt like until round 4 he was forcing work in to ensure no rounds were lost and I remember him getting tagged some in the 3rd, but outside that it was only here and there Loma was getting caught. Might be a bad sign when talking guys like Tank, but I think as far as looking good here and doing his job so the Tank fight can even happen, well I’m gonna say Matrix knocked it outta the park.
Tank would break him in half.

Is Loma actually that much smaller than Tank nowadays????

If Loma is still that much smaller than Tank maybe they should look to do some type of catch weight with Loma vs The Monster instead of Tank.

But I'm sure Loma rather look to unify and collect real belts.

All the all time greats have campaigned over their weight class though to fight the biggest and best names available at times. I think if Loma is the goat his fans want him to be he should look to take out these young undefeated fighters.
Plus Loma deserves to fight people with a big name and big followings.
They were talking Navarette as a future opponent, I'd like to see that

Back