Official UFN 61 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOL Hawk, but personally I am on Barboza here as I believe he is the better striker and his takedown defense will hold up. What's more, I believe that the deciding factor in this fight will be the leg kicks thrown by Edson. The Brazilian throws the type of thudding heaters that dig into the muscle fibers causing structural damage akin to Tong Po kicking a concrete pillar. A patient fighter, Edson will also take his time chopping the quicker MJ down which will take away both the speed and power of the Blackzilian wrestle-boxer. While I don't expect to hear MJ timidly confess to Henri Hooft in between rounds that "Edson rape me" -- I do anticipate those lk's to bring on about a similar physical pain and helplessness. Specifically, I think that Barboza's LK's will slow the athletic MJ markedly and potentially have him switching stances by about the seven minute mark if things go like I imagine. Consequently, if Edson gets those low leg kicks working it is just a matter of time until the HHK follows it.

Now, that's not to say that MJ doesn't have a chance as he has a similar style to Jamie Varner and could catch Barboza with a similar overhand right and then follow up with ground and pound to finish him off. However, I find that to be quite unlikely and even at odds of -155 I like Barboza. Finally, I believe that Edson is finally in his fighting prime and the way he was able to easily beat a game Bobby Green (who is very similar to MJ) signifies that the Brazilian is the rightful play here.

*Shuts PC and turns on Kckboxer for nostalgia* :D

Nuk Su Kau

BTW: Patolino is going to absolutely dust Dwyer. I would HIGHLY consider a look at Patolino ITD or x KO.

BTW: Patolino is going to absolutely dust Dwyer. I would HIGHLY consider a look at Patolino ITD or x KO.

Agreed strongly.. Dwyer was getting pounded on by Tumenov. He has no answers for any UFC fighter even as a massive 6'4 WW.. he has no idea how to utilize that length

I believe that Edson is finally in his fighting prime and the way he was able to easily beat a game Bobby Green (who is very similar to MJ) signifies that the Brazilian is the rightful play here.
---+++++----

Green thought he won.. What is it with that camp (Diaz etc) that they have no idea how they're doing in a fight. Anyways, it wasn't a blowout for Edison by any strech. I really like both him and MJ as fighters so it might be a pass for me. But I would definitely hammer Johnson if he was near even in a matchup with Green.

I'm really liking all the heavy fans on this card (save for Bigfoot) . Could khabilov(ko), alcantara(sub), ferreira(DEC), and macario(ko) all win as easily as I think they will ? Their opponents are straight duds.

Little off topic but what do you guys expect Ferguson Tibau line to be? I'm thinking -200 Ferguson or am I being too generous?

This weekend I have gone Alcantara and Macario parlay. I have also added two small parlays on Macario by KO and Khabilov/Martins over 2.5 and Alcantara, Macario and Mir.

Paddy users

Tiago Trator v Mike De La Torre points +250

obviously a mistake

I agree. Loved Arlovski, who I got at +400 iirc. And I cap this fight similarly. Bigfoot should be app-200, so I'll take Mir at +240 and take my chances.

That's right it was around +400-420 and I couldn't believe my eyes. BF off trt and roids is a complete different fighter.

Mir is worth a bet imo and I'll probably also do a small bet on +700 first round.

I believe that Edson is finally in his fighting prime and the way he was able to easily beat a game Bobby Green (who is very similar to MJ) signifies that the Brazilian is the rightful play here.
---+++++----

Green thought he won.. What is it with that camp (Diaz etc) that they have no idea how they're doing in a fight. Anyways, it wasn't a blowout for Edison by any strech. I really like both him and MJ as fighters so it might be a pass for me. But I would definitely hammer Johnson if he was near even in a matchup with Green.

I don't think Bobby Green is similar to MJ at all. Bobby Green hasn't thrown a hard strike a day in his life. His entire game is to make you miss, throw some strikes while moving, taunt, etc. Johnson will get in your face and throw punches with something behind them.

Johnson's only losses have been from grappling. It's not like he hasn't fought guys who strike too. He beat Guillard and Ferguson. He's the only guy to finish Tibau since 2008. It's not like Tibau hadn't faced top competition either - he fought RDA and Khabib in that time.

Local fights here in Boise tomorrow.

Steven Siler missed weight by 8lbs.

He's fighting my boy Brandon Hempleman who most recently lost a decision to Marlon Moraes.

Edit: And beat Alexis Villa. WSOF is letting him stay active.

Are you going to those fights? Let me know who wins that one and if it's available online. That's a cool fight.

Pissed off right here because I got really bad odds. My bookies site just uploaded the card today.

Rustam at -500... Iuri at -600... awful. I HATE the odds I got but I

unibet

rory 1.90 robbie 1.80

dc 1.18 bader 4.50

Anybody in the UK use 5dimes? If so what payment method do you use to deposit?

Are you going to those fights? Let me know who wins that one and if it's available online. That's a cool fight.

Most likely going. I doubt they'll be a stream it's some fairly new local promotion.
They usually post vids after though.

Anybody in the UK use 5dimes? If so what payment method do you use to deposit?

I find it isnt really worth using 5dimes from UK or EU, as you lose money on the currency conversion both ways and you get charged for the withdrawals whatever way you do it. UK bookies dont give as many props and odds arent quite as good most of the time but you get free instant withdrawals straight to your bank account, that is huge imo.

Which line is better:

Patolino -335 or

Not Dwyer Inside distance -505 ?
-

I have a big bet on Not MacGregor inside distance -265; in July.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back