Official UFN 69 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that Ulka Sasaki is -275. I thought coming off a loss to a guy he was a 5-1 favorite over would bring that line a bit down in the 200s.

Leandro Issa is a VERY improved version from what we've seen from him in the past and the one that showed up against Ulka who really held his own against a world class black belt on the mat.

Lapilus on the other hand is actually a pretty solid fighter himself. He always strikes off the break and he's shown some good IQ and solid defensive skills. His striking is very serviceable and he uses his reach very well. I just don't think his offensive skillset is going to be enough to get the W against Ulka who I think trumps him in that department as well as having great grappling defense himself.

I think there's an opportunity for Ulka to grab a submission just based off how slick he is. I've seen Sasaki sneak in a d'arce choke on his back while Issa had him in side control (ala Mitch Clarke). If Lapilus shows up having done his homework and conditioning, I think it can go the distance which is what I'm leaning more towards also because the odds pay out very well.

Let's be honest here. Nothing in gambling is as easy as it appears at first glance. If you think Shamrock is going to get dusted the odds wouldn't be as close as they are. Kimbo's line would be at the very least around the high -300 to -500 mark. Kimbo at -200 means the line is very telling. Shamrock has a good chance in getting the win despite everyone thinking Kimbo is a "LOCK".

Remember if this goes to the ground at any point, you can virtually count Kimbo out. Shamrock could just as easily use his patented ankle lock. I'm definitely putting a small flier bet on Shamrock because he has more way to win and Kimbo gasses after his 2 minutes of flurry punches. I'm always going with value play here. Shamrock's age does worry me to a degree but he looks absolutely ripped and in great physical shape.

Never said I would be Bellator after getting screwed over in many of the rig jobs but I equate the new regime as basically STRIKEFORCE now. I have much more faith in Coke than I do with Rebney

My 2 cents

- Barry

I'm on board as well I think Kimbo KO's karate Ken in under 2 minutes.

I watched one of Kimbo's boxing matches not too long ago because a local Australian promoter paid him $$$ to come to Australia.

It was a good violent scrap, Kimbo got the KO in the 3rd, he's obviously not a professional boxer but he ripped in and it was a dirty tough brawl.

Ken on the other hand is the oldest fighter I've heard of being in a sanctioned professional fight. Where is this event being held? What commission is happy to say he's fit to fight? When's the last time he's fought?

I'm happy to take Kimbo's odds I believe he blasts him easily and outside of the main event of Johanna an Penne I really don't give a fuck about this fight night event gambling on it or not

mlb thurs

Tough Nats loss yest. luckily my bets were cancelled @ my book b/c of the change in starting pitchers pre-game. Here's thurs:

3 units bet
parlay: Orioles (-172) & BOS/ATL u8.5 (-177) = +147

2.5 units bet
Pirates -142

1.5 units bet
MIL/KC o8 -112

I hate that Ulka Sasaki is -275. I thought coming off a loss to a guy he was a 5-1 favorite over would bring that line a bit down in the 200s.

Leandro Issa is a VERY improved version from what we've seen from him in the past and the one that showed up against Ulka who really held his own against a world class black belt on the mat.

Lapilus on the other hand is actually a pretty solid fighter himself. He always strikes off the break and he's shown some good IQ and solid defensive skills. His striking is very serviceable and he uses his reach very well. I just don't think his offensive skillset is going to be enough to get the W against Ulka who I think trumps him in that department as well as having great grappling defense himself.

I think there's an opportunity for Ulka to grab a submission just based off how slick he is. I've seen Sasaki sneak in a d'arce choke on his back while Issa had him in side control (ala Mitch Clarke). If Lapilus shows up having done his homework and conditioning, I think it can go the distance which is what I'm leaning more towards also because the odds pay out very well.

I have a small bet on Lapilus already. My site is painfully slow in releasing over/unders (day of usually). You are saying you think the over 2.5 would be a good bet? What kind of odds do you think I should be looking for in taking the over?

Not Sasaki ITD is -112

I don't see Lapilus finishing this fight at all. I'd rather play the decision line at +165 than Not Sasaki ITD. I think Lapilus does have a route to victory if he can out strike Ulka and land at range and try to steal a couple rounds.

Ulka has a pretty sweet back take though. That's what I'm expecting and Lap defending for most of the fight if he doesn't succumb to the chokes by then.

I have a small bet on Lapilus already. My site is painfully slow in releasing over/unders (day of usually). You are saying you think the over 2.5 would be a good bet? What kind of odds do you think I should be looking for in taking the over?

I dunno. 5dimes only offers the O1.5 (-140) at the moment which seems pretty good. I'm not too confident in this bout tho. I think a finish will likely occur only on Sasaki's end by submission. This is the best grappler Lap will have ever faced. He wont be able to come out on top tryinf to trade submission attempts with Sasaki.

Lap has good striking technique tho despite not having a KO kn his record. But he's not really that type of guy anyway. Not much power but he has good counters and works well at range as a southpaw fighter. He has really great length relative to his size despite being only 5'6". He can win in he can implement some sprawl n brawl.

Ulka will look to wrap himself around Lap and take his back somewhere in this fight. I think the fight will unravel from there

Last edited:
MLB Thurs

Don't have time to post breakdowns but here's my picks today (I did post some b/d's on a few of these earlier in response to OneWarrior's picks--I'm playing the same 3 as he has plus 2 more today.

Yesterday...sucked. I had a couple decent days in a row and then went 0-4 yesterday. That's how this season has been. Treading water.

BAL/PHI over 8.5
KC -140
TOR -165
TB -135
HOU -120

BOL

MLB Thurs

Don't have time to post breakdowns but here's my picks today (I did post some b/d's on a few of these earlier in response to OneWarrior's picks--I'm playing the same 3 as he has plus 2 more today.

Yesterday...sucked. I had a couple decent days in a row and then went 0-4 yesterday. That's how this season has been. Treading water.

BAL/PHI over 8.5
KC -140
TOR -165
TB -135
HOU -120

BOL

If my maths is correct if you go 0-4 yesterday then almost certainly you go 4-0 or 3-1 today . Tailing for shits and giggles :icon_chee.

Lets go Fat guys dressed as weirdo's from the 1920's!!

unibet

Dan Charles +400 0.5u
Charles - Lashley o1.5 -134 2u

unibet

Dan Charles +400 0.5u
Charles - Lashley o1.5 -134 2u

I was just looking up Charles, think he looks pretty good! i will take a stab at that one too!

Also like the u2.5 in Chandlers fight, think he will look really good and finish in first or second

why is there not huge money coming in on kimbo? the odds are alot close than i thought, i must be missing something

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist type guy, but I could see Shamrock/Kimbo not being very legit or either of them just taking the fight for the money. Also, I wouldn't put it past Kimbo to panic if Shamrock dives down for a leg, especially with his knee troubles. I still played Kimbo, but I think anyone draining their account to put money on this is crazy.

Let's be honest here. Nothing in gambling is as easy as it appears at first glance. If you think Shamrock is going to get dusted the odds wouldn't be as close as they are. Kimbo's line would be at the very least around the high -300 to -500 mark. Kimbo at -200 means the line is very telling. Shamrock has a good chance in getting the win despite everyone thinking Kimbo is a "LOCK".

Remember if this goes to the ground at any point, you can virtually count Kimbo out. Shamrock could just as easily use his patented ankle lock. I'm definitely putting a small flier bet on Shamrock because he has more way to win and Kimbo gasses after his 2 minutes of flurry punches. I'm always going with value play here. Shamrock's age does worry me to a degree but he looks absolutely ripped and in great physical shape.

Never said I would be Bellator after getting screwed over in many of the rig jobs but I equate the new regime as basically STRIKEFORCE now. I have much more faith in Coke than I do with Rebney

My 2 cents

- Barry

RIP in peace Shamrock

Made quite a big bet on Dan Charles, lets just hope unibet accepts, or maybe not :)

I was just looking up Charles, think he looks pretty good! i will take a stab at that one too!

Also like the u2.5 in Chandlers fight, think he will look really good and finish in first or second

Yes, Charles has questionable chin and cardio, but also some wrestling skills, movement and power in his hands. Charles would be able to survive 1.5 rounds at the worst scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back