Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Cindy doesn't go to Bellator...better than nothing though.
Cindy would have a realistic opportunity at winning the 145 title there. Bellator may match her against Alexis Dufresne.

You don't think so?

A lot of people (imo most likely including Megan) expected Cyborg would be banned for quite a long time (iirc there was even some talk if this might be the end of her career) or at least would get a medium sized suspension.
Now it turns out that not only will she not get a lengthy suspension, but no suspension at all.

I just glanced at the Invicta FC 22 card and I'm asking myself: where are the Flyweights? 1 Bantamweight, 1 Atomweight, 4 Strawweight fights thus far. I hope Hardy is found an opponent and she debuts.
I said the same thing in the Invicta 22 thread. It makes no sense to me.

KGB gon' KGB.
KGB gave the girl a beating

lvkr4nk.png

You don't think so?

A lot of people (imo most likely including Megan) expected Cyborg would be banned for quite a long time (iirc there was even some talk if this might be the end of her career) or at least would get a medium sized suspension.
Now it turns out that not only will she not get a lengthy suspension, but no suspension at all.

Right, I was talking about (just too vaguely) about the thought that we have seen the last of Cyborg in Invicta. Personally I have zero belief that she will fight there instead of UFC at any point now with the 145 belt available and her getting cleared from the most recent forbidden substance shenanigans. So unless Megan intentionally makes the jump to UFC, I don't think we'll see Cyborg maul Anderson - she'll make better money with better visibility mauling other women under the actual UFC banner instead. +Brazil and whatnot, instead of having to fight in the less meaningful places in the US Invicta holds their events.

So in essence I believe Megan's belt will be the actual Invicta championship because Cyborg is never gonna return as long as UFC is the option.

New thread looms...

Megan's a total sucker if she agrees to fight Cyborg in Brazil. You can't trust the scales or the testing in that part of the world.
I doubt she will. Unless they pay her bank...which I doubt. Megan vs Cyborg will happen once it's a UFC title fight.

So in essence I believe Megan's belt will be the actual Invicta championship because Cyborg is never gonna return as long as UFC is the option.
She is already the actual champ whether Invicta wants to say it or not... They have Cyborg listed in their ALUMNI section as a UFC fighter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back