Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Na Liang (7-2)
Yanan Wu (8-2)
Anastasia Yankova (5-0; faces Kate Jackson in May at flyweight)

Olga Rubin (4-0)
I think Liang, Yankova and Rubin are under Bellator contracts. Yanan Wu is in UFC, she fought Gina Mazany in Shanghai and lost by DEC, falling to 9-2.
While I agree with you I think the smarter play is for her to to stay at 145 until she get her big payday to fight Cyborg for 3 minutes then go to 135. The only thing that can get in the way of that plan would be if Megan finally gets her issues in order. If Megan gets cleared to fight they will probably have a title eliminator between those two women.
I don't think she can get that fight right now, no one knows her (Yana was a former Invicta champion at least), if Letson gets some wins at 135 maybe.

I think Liang, Yankova and Rubin are under Bellator contracts. Yanan Wu is in UFC, she fought Gina Mazany in Shanghai and lost by DEC, falling to 9-2.

Fixed the list. Also noted that Lara Procópio defeated Invicta vet Mariana Morais this past weekend

Thanks. Enjoyed the highlights of LaRosa (timed well to the music) & reading on Coenen (who I've only seen lately - look forward to her book) & Fujii (need to watch more of her). Interesting to wonder how it might change in 10 years. Half are still active. Who might enter it? Maybe someone we don't even yet know.

Here the list if anyone wants to discuss. Check out the full article because there's great commentary and some cool clips.

10. Holly Holm
9. Tara LaRosa
8. Miesha Tate
7. Valentina Shevchenko
6. Marloes Coenen
5. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
4. Ronda Rousey
3. Megumi Fujii
2. Amanda Nunes
1. Cyborg

I've only read to #9.... And I'm reading Julie's comments in Kedzie voice.

I wish there was an audio version.

Try inhaling helium & doing an imitation. I kid, but I love Julie's enthusiasm & knowledge.

She has some mma fights on youtube which I'm assuming are amateur bouts, but no record on tapology/sherdog. Had never heard of this person, but it seems like she has been breakdancing under the name "Lady Flavor" for over a decade.

If she busts some of those moves in the cage she'll quickly become a favorite.

Thanks. Enjoyed the highlights of LaRosa (timed well to the music) & reading on Coenen (who I've only seen lately - look forward to her book) & Fujii (need to watch more of her). Interesting to wonder how it might change in 10 years. Half are still active. Who might enter it? Maybe someone we don't even yet know.

Here the list if anyone wants to discuss. Check out the full article because there's great commentary and some cool clips.

10. Holly Holm
9. Tara LaRosa
8. Miesha Tate
7. Valentina Shevchenko
6. Marloes Coenen
5. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
4. Ronda Rousey
3. Megumi Fujii
2. Amanda Nunes
1. Cyborg

Very skewed towards bantamweight. Cyborg is laughable. So is Shevchenko and, unfortunately, Holm at this point.

No idea, and so did I. And she is right.

She could be talking about those who criticize pro wrestling or Ronda. Only caught Bazler at the end of her mma career on TUF yammering how Pena doesn't 'deserve to breathe the same air'. Seemed prone to hyperbole & hella salty.

Very skewed towards bantamweight. Cyborg is laughable. So is Shevchenko and, unfortunately, Holm at this point.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I'd still put Cyborg at 1, Nunes at 2. Shev could possibly wind up higher in a few years. Or not. We'll see. How would your top ten look?

Well you're entitled to your opinion. I'd still put Cyborg at 1, Nunes at 2. Shev could possibly wind up higher in a few years. Or not. We'll see. How would your top ten look?
I'm not prone to GOAT talk. However, Vyborg's sketchy history, combined with a garbage resume, clearly places her far below #1.

I'm not prone to GOAT talk. However, Vyborg's sketchy history, combined with a garbage resume, clearly places her far below #1.

We'll agree to disagree. I agree with these folks.

Ryder: 'Give her any woman on Earth and she’ll blow through them like they’re at an amateur tournament a week after they started training. Plenty of fighters fight down to opposition or may otherwise stagnate, while Cyborg delivers poetry, blending beautiful skill and technique with brute strength and an evolving game that appears to have fewer holes than ever after 13 years competing. Forget about it. No one else is even close.'

Kedzie: 'If there's better competition for her, I'd like to see somebody find it.'

Cyborg resume isn't the strongest of WMMA history, probably not top 3, but it's certainly top 10 considering her 12 year unbeaten run and 20 fight win streak.
Some cans? Yeah, sure, most fighters at early career fought cans though.
That said, she has 3 really good wins in Holm, Coenen and Carano. Another 7 or so decent wins with Evinger, Kunitskaya, Tweet, Ibragimova, Porto etc.

Last edited:
We'll agree to disagree. I agree with these folks.

Ryder: 'Give her any woman on Earth and she’ll blow through them like they’re at an amateur tournament a week after they started training. Plenty of fighters fight down to opposition or may otherwise stagnate, while Cyborg delivers poetry, blending beautiful skill and technique with brute strength and an evolving game that appears to have fewer holes than ever after 13 years competing. Forget about it. No one else is even close.'

Kedzie: 'If there's better competition for her, I'd like to see somebody find it.'
Oh, you mean the roid queen? The one who has tampered with scales? The one who only came forth about her "prescription" after the fact? tHE ONE WHO HAD A TESTER ARRESTED WHEN HE SHOWED UP RANDOMLY? THE "GOAT" WHO CALLED FOR A REAL 145ER, THEN IMMEDIATELY TOOK A FIGHTER AGAINST A PROMOTIONAL 135ER NEWCOMER?

I refuse to agree to a disagreement with anyone who defends the cheater and avoider of real competition as the "Greatest of All Time."

avoider of real competition
<{Joewithit}>

<36>

This idiot must have a really sad life to hate everyday at someone like Cyborg with no reason whatsoever, she's a great human being and like everyone else deserves a second chance. She's not ducking anyone too and he knows that, the same bullshit as always, twisting facts to fit his anti-Cyborg narrative, pathetic.

<{Joewithit}>

<36>

This idiot must have a really sad life to hate everyday at someone like Cyborg with no reason whatsoever, she's a great human being and like everyone else deserves a second chance. She's not ducking anyone too and he knows that, the same bullshit as always, twisting facts to fit his anti-Cyborg narrative, pathetic.
You still here, welcher?

I'd probably go for Nunes>Ronda>JJ for top 3 with Cyborg and Tate rounding out top 5 (in either order) but that's a bit of recency bias, Megumi being somewhere in there wouldn't be a problem. I take issue with Shevchenko and Coenen being above Tate though, Shev doesn't have the resume yet to back that up and Coenen lost to Tate and doesn't have better wins than Tate. Tate should be #6 at the lowest. She won the title again after considering retirement! :p

#GreatnessIncarnate

Oh, you mean the roid queen? The one who has tampered with scales? The one who only came forth about her "prescription" after the fact? tHE ONE WHO HAD A TESTER ARRESTED WHEN HE SHOWED UP RANDOMLY? THE "GOAT" WHO CALLED FOR A REAL 145ER, THEN IMMEDIATELY TOOK A FIGHTER AGAINST A PROMOTIONAL 135ER NEWCOMER?

I refuse to agree to a disagreement with anyone who defends the cheater and avoider of real competition as the "Greatest of All Time."

To be a great fighter you need to win great fights. For fucks sake, she did no better against Holm than Shevchenko did, and she has 40 lbs. on Shevchenko.

Back