Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late replacement Shanimal Young had nothing for Macy Chiasson. Macy tried for a finish & couldn't get it. Nicco would have made it an exciting fight imo.

Young at least had her moments (and the fight was exciting) in the first. Dunno if it was just Chiasson asjusting to dong the clinch+rassle (and unexciting) so well, or did short time tire Young out even faster than Macy in the altitude. Anyway, liked the first round.

Thanks for sharing. Especially enjoyed from 39 minutes on when Ramona talks about seeing Valentina, Antonina, & Weili train in person there in Phuket. The inspiration she derives from dedication to improving their craft. Nerding out watching interviews, training footage & fights of others she admires like Rose. Following the ups and downs of their careers. The injuries and other obstacles they must push through to evolve and improve.

Last edited:
Young at least had her moments (and the fight was exciting) in the first. Dunno if it was just Chiasson asjusting to dong the clinch+rassle (and unexciting) so well, or did short time tire Young out even faster than Macy in the altitude. Anyway, liked the first round.

I'd say it was eating 50 knees to the body that emptied Young's gas tank. That fight didn't go the way I expected at all. Young had some of the worst takedown defence I've seen in her last Invicta fight yet she did a pretty respectable job staying on her feet against Macy in the 1st round. She actually knew how to use a whizzer, step around to the side and then get back up and break contact, whereas before she looked completely lost and went down as soon as you grabbed her. 1st round was pretty bonkers, but man, that Rich Franklin clinch defence from Young cost her dearly. I'd say both fighters remain prospects, neither of them are in a strong division.

Still not sure WTF happened in the Montana vs. Mara fight. Montana's standup looked way more awkward than it did in her previous fight against Lee, her stance was all wonky and her punches looked so noodly. Mara's standup hasn't improved either and yeah, the standup was pretty painful to watch. Mara's ground game also looked pretty questionable, I don't know if I've seen her on the bottom before but she looked pretty lost down there. She had several opportunities to create space and get out but she kept rolling the wrong way and getting herself stuck, there was one time when she could've just pulled her leg out from half guard, rolled up on her side, then hipped out and stood up, but she didn't yank her leg out and kept trying to go the wrong way. She looks like she's stagnated so she probably won't be in the UFC much longer. Lots of work to do for both fighters.

News from the IMMAF big girls division:

https://immaf.org/jenni-kivioja-steps-up-to-test-world-lightweight-champ-michelle-montague/

"The 2020 Oceania Open women’s lightweight divisions will feature Michelle Montague (defending champion), Mel Webster, Jenni Kivioja and newcomer Kelsey Schroder who could make a significant impact on her IMMAF platform debut.

The 2020 IMMAF Oceania Open Championships take place from 6- 8 March at the Tallebudegra Leisure Center on Australia’s Gold Coast."

And whatnot.

Short promo vid about Marie Ruumet, who is making her pro mma debut on today's ONE Warrior Series event.

This is the last round of Lacee Cope's MMA debut at Tuff-n-uff (pink hair). Lacee is Kit Cope's wife

News from the IMMAF big girls division:

https://immaf.org/jenni-kivioja-steps-up-to-test-world-lightweight-champ-michelle-montague/

"The 2020 Oceania Open women’s lightweight divisions will feature Michelle Montague (defending champion), Mel Webster, Jenni Kivioja and newcomer Kelsey Schroder who could make a significant impact on her IMMAF platform debut.

The 2020 IMMAF Oceania Open Championships take place from 6- 8 March at the Tallebudegra Leisure Center on Australia’s Gold Coast."

And whatnot.

Whoa this chick's credentials are crazy. Michelle Montague. She trains with Adesanya and Volkanski at CKB. And is a hopeful for Olympic wrestling. And she is only 25!!! Dude she may just be a future champ.

pouring a buckfast for my scots homie #rip

image.jpg

pouring a buckfast for my scots homie #rip

image.jpg

It's these little snippets of ethnic trivia that keep me coming back to Sherdog. So a tonic wine brewed by Devonshire monks is responsible for much of the violent crime in Scotland, who knew.. I guess a wee dram of Wreck the Hoose juice and Caldy smashes Val.

Damm
Is It me or does Valentina is better at every single area Jojo is good?

Look on this weird and bizarre "school yard" type fight :D i dont know if its more cringe or sad to see those "reality show" fights in profi mma - fight starts in 8:55-

both of them went through year of training

Second fight was regular profi fight of (ex Muay thai world champion) - Lucia Krajčovič vs Michaela Dostálová (BJJ Blackbelt) Dostalová standup is on terrible level -fight starts in 8:35-

Status
Not open for further replies.