Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

random-advices-for-those-who-decided-not-to-sleep-3.gif
Cant leave work without knowing one is there. I checked the website just to see if they were in stock but I guess they might not advertise the shelf units online.

Not a very big Kojima fan like some are and I don’t really get what a cloud based game even means. Still happy that MS is doing all they can to make new quality games.

Someone said to me on another comment section that they believe most of the old Sega gamers (those of us who chose Sega consoles over Nintendo) migrated over to Xbox instead of PlayStation when Sega quit the console business.

It really rings true for me as I was always a Sega guy. I still had a PS2 and PS3 but they were never my primary consoles. Well PS2 might have been.

Just wondering if any old school Sega fans feel the same way. I know a lot of us try to buy all of the consoles but I’m talking about your primary console.

upload_2021-7-1_16-57-38.gif

Not a very big Kojima fan like some are and I don’t really get what a cloud based game even means. Still happy that MS is doing all they can to make new quality games.
The most stark example of a cloud based game at least on Xbox is Microsoft Flight Simulator..

It levages Microsoft Azure to process a huge amount of data (2.5 Petabytes).

Someone said to me on another comment section that they believe most of the old Sega gamers (those of us who chose Sega consoles over Nintendo) migrated over to Xbox instead of PlayStation when Sega quit the console business.

It really rings true for me as I was always a Sega guy. I still had a PS2 and PS3 but they were never my primary consoles. Well PS2 might have been.

Just wondering if any old school Sega fans feel the same way. I know a lot of us try to buy all of the consoles but I’m talking about your primary console.

View attachment 864581

I had an NES first. Then Sega Genesis. After that I went PC gaming. Then PS3 sold the PS3 after like a month for an xbox 360 and then went PS4. Then back to PC gaming and a PS5. My wife has a switch but technically it's ours because she hardly uses it and I always do.

View attachment 864581

I had a PS1 as they were plentiful and easy to acquire. When it came to the PS2 and the "shortage", I saw it as a way for Sony to drive up the price. There was no pandemic or global economic downturn mind you... They just "didn't have enough units.."

Yeah, I was like "Funk dat" and went to Xbox. The only reason I have a PS3 now is because my son had some kid games he wanted to play back in the day.

Anyone ever hear of a website called StockX? They have Series X as low as $602 right now but I’m skeptical.

NM. They were being sneaky. When you add it to the cart it adds $100 shipping charge.

Anyone ever hear of a website called StockX? They have Series X as low as $602 right now but I’m skeptical.

NM. They were being sneaky. When you add it to the cart it adds $100 shipping charge.

Unless there's a lot more product coming out, it'll probably be crazier during the holidays. I hope you score one soon.

Been trying to get one for awhile still. Always late and just see the scalper’s stock… quite annoying.

and didn’t know that even Walmart lets scalpers sell things on their site. Strange times. Hopefully in the next month or so, I can get one, but seems they sell out too fast for me to react.

I thought of posting this in the Gaming Chair thread, but I think it's better suited here for Xbox fanatics. My brother recently sought my advice on an office chair, so I sent him my spreadsheet of chairs I think worthy of a purchase. I noticed it needed some update, and I found this when I went to the Maxnomic website.
https://www.needforseatusa.com/en_us/maxnomic-xbox-2-0-xl.html.html
xboxxl1.jpg

Unfortunately, it's out of stock right now, but it may come back later. They run sales on every holiday, and often not on holidays, so I would advise never buying unless there is a discount like the current "America" code for $50 off. Maxnomic is headquartered in Germany with the "NeedforSeatUSA" assembly & distribution center located in Columbus Ohio. It only comes with a 2-year warranty, which is weaker than some competitors, but this is unlimited, which means that it covers everything (not just the steel base which many of the longer, limited warranties only cover beyond 1-2 years, anyway). These are hailed for being the best chairs for extremely tall guys with a higher back than any other chair known to me, and a taller piston, too.

So if you're an NBA player who loves your Xbox, this is the chair for you.

If you have an Xbox Series S.

xScreen Turns Xbox Series S into a Laptop-Like Portable, and Was Crowdfunded in 20 Minutes
The Kickstarter was fully funded in just 20 minutes.

"
Pledging $249 AU (approximately $187 USD / $135) to the project guarantees you will receive one xScreen display for your Xbox Series S. Keep in mind that the Kickstarter page mentions that an estimated delivery for the xSccreen is for January 2022.

xScreen for Xbox Series S by UPspec Gaming — Kickstarter

xScreen Turns Xbox Series S into a Laptop-Like Portable, and Was Crowdfunded in 20 Minutes - IGN

Just thought that this would be a nice heads up.

Titanfall 2 Fans Fear The Worst As Servers 'Destroyed' Across All Platforms
This all started with the Apex Legends hack because the hackers who play the original Titanfall game were pissed that Respawn doesn't do anything to fix the cheating in that game. One of the key personalities at Respawn fumed in articles covering the scandal this past holiday weekend, mentioning he got a call with his nephew in his arms, had to leave his family gathering to go into work to address the attack, and refused to apologize, saying that it wasn't a lack of benevolent intent on the part of Respawn to stop cheating, but that it was "really hard" to stop DDOS attacks. While that's true, I didn't really understand what that had to do with the price of tea in China, because DDOS attacks are used to crash servers, and prevent players from playing, not to cheat at the game itself.

But even if you assume the worst of him and Respawn, which probably isn't fair, the hackers have gone and one-upped any potential douchebaggery by throwing a tantrum where they ruin MP for an entire game in the hopes a squeaky wheel gets the grease. Fuck these man-babies.

Shit like this is depressing.

Titanfall 2 Fans Fear The Worst As Servers 'Destroyed' Across All Platforms
This all started with the Apex Legends hack because the hackers who play the original Titanfall game were pissed that Respawn doesn't do anything to fix the cheating in that game. One of the key personalities at Respawn fumed in articles covering the scandal this past holiday weekend, mentioning he got a call with his nephew in his arms, had to leave his family gathering to go into work to address the attack, and refused to apologize, saying that it wasn't a lack of benevolent intent on the part of Respawn to stop cheating, but that it was "really hard" to stop DDOS attacks. While that's true, I didn't really understand what that had to do with the price of tea in China, because DDOS attacks are used to crash servers, and prevent players from playing, not to cheat at the game itself.

But even if you assume the worst of him and Respawn, which probably isn't fair, the hackers have gone and one-upped any potential douchebaggery by throwing a tantrum where they ruin MP for an entire game in the hopes a squeaky wheel gets the grease. Fuck these man-babies.

Shit like this is depressing.

I've gotten back into Titanfall 2 multiplayer and it's been a blast...

Until last night. I logged in, game starts annnnnnddddd... Freeze.

Nothing...

It said my ping was 2567 and I'm like 200 miles from a nearest server. What a joke these hackers are. Pack of pansies.

Back