Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

If you can find one at a price that's agreeable, I suggest the Elite series 2 controller from Microsoft. Don't get the series 1, I had the bumpers break on me after about a year and a half. Probably the best controller I've ever had.
Yeah, the Elite Series 2 was winning the poll for best controller for PC in the thread I created for that topic:

PC Gaming: What is the best controller?

Here's a list of all officially supported third party controllers on the Xbox consoles so anyone can see which of those are compatible for console users. My Googling indicates that every true wireless controller here (i.e. uses a 2.4 GHz connection) is actually just a modified Xbox controller originally manufactured by Microsoft. Only the ASUS and Razer offerings are not, but the Razer uses Bluetooth, which adds horrendous latency, and the ASUS offerings are wired-only on Xbox, unless you purchase a third-party bluetooth adapter, in which case you're in the same boat.

Xbox Series X/S Dual Analog Joystick Controllers

Microsoft
Xbox Core Wireless (Wireless)
Xbox Elite Series Wireless 2 (Wireless) [aka Elite Core Series 2]
Xbox Sebile (Wireless) {Not Yet Released}
Xbox Design Lab [buyer-customized versions of the above]

8BitDo
Pro 2 (Wired)
Ultimate for Xbox (Wired)

ASUS
ROG Raikiri (Wireless; Wired only on Xbox w/o 3rd party Bluetooth adapter)
ROG Raikiri Pro (Wireless; Wired only on Xbox w/o 3rd party Bluetooth adapter)

Battle Beaver*
Xbox Series X/S Custom* (Wireless)

Custom Controllerzz*
Xbox Designer Series X/S* (Wireless)
Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless* (Wireless)
Xbox Pro Series X/S* (Wireless)
Xbox Series X/S* (Wireless)

GameSir
G7 (Wired)
G7 SE (Wired)

Hyperkin
Xenon (Wired)

HyperX
Clutch Gladiate (Wired)

Nacon
Pro Compact (Wired)
Revolution X Pro (Wired)

Nagashock*
Xbox Build-Your-Own* (Wireless)
FPS Wingman* (Wireless)

PDP
Afterglow (Wired)
REALMZ (Wired)
REMATCH / REMATCH GLOW (Wired)
Victrix Gambit (Wired)
Victrix Pro BFG* (Wireless)
Xbox Series X/S & PC Controller (Wired)

PowerA
Advantage (Wired)
Enhanced (Wired)
FUSION Pro 2 (Wired)
FUSION Pro 3 (Wired)
MOGA XP-Ultra* (Wireless)
Nano Enhanced (Wired)
Spectra Infinity Enhanced (Wired)
Wired Controller for Xbox Series X/S (Wired)

Razer
Xbox Limited Edition (Bluetooth Wireless)
Wolverine V2 (Wired)
Wolverine V2 Chroma (Wired)
Wolverine Ultimate (Wired)

SCUF
Instinct* (Wireless)
Instinct Pro* (Wireless)

Surge Gaming
Microwatt (Wired)

Thrustmaster
eSWAP S Pro (Wired)
eSWAP X Pro (Wired)
eSWAP XR Pro (Wired)

Turtle Beach
React-R (Wired)
Recon (Wired)
Recon Cloud (Wired)
Stealth Ultra* (Wireless)

Notes:
*These companies just sell first party Microsoft-made controllers that they customize with enhancement modifications (like extra buttons or paddles) & aesthetics

Last edited:
Just got the $350 from walmart a few days ago. They didnt have the diablo bundle for same price when i got mine.

Im still happy with my purchase. I got the slim ps5 few weeks ago but im more excited for the xboxX.

If you have unlimited bandwith...?

Gamepass, gamepass, gamepass.

Next item for your Kitchen if you already had the Series X fridge...

The Series S Toaster!

Xbox-Series-S-Toaster-2-Slice-Toaster-with-Wide-Slot-Bagel-Function-Digitial-Countdown-Timer-with-6-Shade-Settings_3f3c3278-94fd-40cc-88f6-af41564be755.587123734b0e95de038d5df2ece3df3c.jpeg

Just got the $350 from walmart a few days ago. They didnt have the diablo bundle for same price when i got mine.

Im still happy with my purchase. I got the slim ps5 few weeks ago but im more excited for the xboxX.
How do you like the slim? Thinking about getting it.

How do you like the slim? Thinking about getting it.
Ive been playing it exclusively. I just beat the story for spiderman 2 last night. Ill be honest. Im not impressed, the quick resume isnt as fast or more convenient than the xbox. Its also big AF. Loud and heats up the room. Its not defective btw.
The 4k disc is great though. The Flash on 4k looks amazing!

Ive been playing it exclusively. I just beat the story for spiderman 2 last night. Ill be honest. Im not impressed, the quick resume isnt as fast or more convenient than the xbox. Its also big AF. Loud and heats up the room. Its not defective btw.
The 4k disc is great though. The Flash on 4k looks amazing!
Thanks man. And how about the X? Both by comparison with the ps slim and as it stands alone? I'm asking also because I currently have an Xone and I'm thinking of upgrading to a series X. Man the numbering of the X's is a bit confusing lol. But I think you get what I'm saying.

Thanks man. And how about the X? Both by comparison with the ps slim and as it stands alone? I'm asking also because I currently have an Xone and I'm thinking of upgrading to a series X. Man the numbering of the X's is a bit confusing lol. But I think you get what I'm saying.

Get the Series X if you still have Xbox One discs you wanna play and for the better performance

Not sure if anyone with an Xbox actually cares, but the Final Fantasy 14 Xbox beta is being aimed for about the 20th of February.

Developer Direct announced for January 18th, including a first look at the Indiana Jones game

Developer-Direct-2024-5039dcadfcd5ef079bf1.jpg

You're about to get an exciting look at some of the incredible games ahead with Xbox, as we present a new edition of Developer_Direct. On Thursday, January 18 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm UK, fans will get an inside look at a selection of highly anticipated games coming to Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Game Pass. Shortly after, ZeniMax Online Studios will host The Elder Scrolls Online 2024 Global Reveal at 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK to preview 2024's biggest update.

Presented by the game creators themselves, Developer_Direct offers an in-depth look at upcoming titles, how they're being created, and who's creating them. We'll visit MachineGames in Sweden to check in on their Indiana Jones game, swing by Obsidian's Irvine offices to see more from Avowed, head to Oxide Games' Maryland home to learn about Ara: History Untold, and take a trip to Cambridge, England to see Senua's Saga: Hellblade II from Ninja Theory. Please note that while this show won't have updates on games from Activision Blizzard, you can look forward to news from those teams later this year.

Second half of Jan's Game Pass additions

JanW2-aefd45004fa519489b54-1024x576.jpg

Available Today

Those Who Remain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
As the lights go out, the embers of darkness are stoked in the sleepy town of Dormont. Confront uncomfortable horrors, keep your sanity in check, and survive the night in this story-driven, first-person psychological-thriller.

Coming Soon

Turnip Boy Robs a Bank (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 18
Available on day one with Game Pass:
Turnip Boy is back! This time he's teaming up with the Pickled Gang to plan and execute the weirdest heist of all time. Shake down hostages, steal valuables, battle the fuzz, and use wacky tools bought off the dark web to move further into the vaults of the Botanical Bank.

F1 23 (Console and PC) EA Play – January 18
EA Sports' F1 23 is coming soon to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play. Test your driving talents, create your dream team, and be the last to brake in the official video game of the 2023 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Palworld (Cloud, Console, PC) – January 19
Embark on an open-world adventure through Palworld, where you can discover and capture over 100 Pals! Unveil the secrets of this mysterious land, overcome formidable bosses, and build powerful bases. Use your Pals to do tasks for you and automate entire production lines.

Go Mecha Ball (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 25
Load up and roll out in this twin stick shooter with roguelike progression! Blast your way through arcade-style levels, using pinball-style physics mixed with an arsenal of devastating weapons. Defeat waves of enemy bots, battle big bosses, and upgrade your mech between runs.

Brotato (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 30
A top-down roguelite arena shooter where you play a potato wielding up to 6 weapons at a time to fight off hordes of aliens. Choose from a variety of traits and items to create unique builds and survive until help arrives.

Persona 3 Reload (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 2
If I told you there was an hour "hidden" between one day and the next, would you believe me? Walk the delicate line between life and death and unravel the mysteries of the Dark Hour in Persona 3 Reload, a captivating reimagining of the genre-defining RPG, reborn for the modern era.

Anuchard (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 6
The kingdom of Anuchard has fallen. Generations after the collapse, its surviving descendants have chosen you to become The Bellwielder of the magical Audros Bell. Go forth, battle monsters, solve puzzles, and restore Anuchard to its former skyward glory!

Hitman - World of Assassination is the only title leaving at the end of the month

Indiana Jones was the only one that looks pretty good to me. Visions of Mana looks good too but it’s multiplay and I still believe hellblade 2 will disappoint overall. Looks like they just made prettier graphics and has basically no gameplay. Might sign up for a month to do Indy if y reviews decently

Back