Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

Amazing trailer imo and the Alan Watts VO was incredible.

Dunno how Alan Watts would feel about it though.

The other stuff sounds like a bunch of PR bullshit. 8k 120fps? Lol.

2001_a_space_odyssey_monolith_by_innovari-d4776ox.jpg

Microsoft has obtained true power.

<{Joewithit}>

Why do you think this is the place to ask these questions when they have released barely any information about the console??

Read my post again. I’m not asking anything about the new console whatsoever, hence my statement about it being “off topic”. It’s a question about 360 and the One, and I thought this was as good a place as any to ask because presumably the posters in this thread are xbox users.

Read my post again. I’m not asking anything about the new console whatsoever, hence my statement about it being “off topic”. It’s a question about 360 and the One, and I thought this was as good a place as any to ask because presumably the posters in this thread are xbox users.

Im pretty sure it transfers over,my rank in battlefield4 did so.

The Xbox Series X is basically a PC
And that’s why you’ll want one
For a long time now, Microsoft has been going out of its way to downplay the “box” part of “Xbox.” Whether it’s pledging to bring all of its first-party titles to PC, releasing some of them to platforms like Steam and the Nintendo Switch, launching its Game Pass service for Windows, or pushing xCloud streaming, the message has been clear: you don’t have to buy an Xbox to play Xbox games.

“The business isn’t how many consoles you sell,” Xbox chief Phil Spencer told The Verge earlier this year.

But obviously, Microsoft still plans to make Xboxes. The question, then, is this: why would anyone buy one? What is the relevance of dedicated Xbox hardware when Microsoft wants the Xbox platform to be everywhere?
The only viable answer, that writer didn't get it, is value.

Even by the time the XSX launches next year it will still be a tremendous value. Assuming the leaks about specs & pricing are true, I expect PCs of similar horsepower to cost roughly twice as much or more.

Ah ok, so the answer is YES

If you have to sign into a game, then your save games transfer, or they have for 100% of mine

The Xbox Series X is basically a PC
And that’s why you’ll want one

The only viable answer, that writer didn't get it, is value.

Even by the time the XSX launches next year it will still be a tremendous value. Assuming the leaks about specs & pricing are true, I expect PCs of similar horsepower to cost roughly twice as much or more.

Now if only they made the Xbox compatible with Steam. If I could play my steam library on the new Xbox it would be a day one purchase for me. Right now I’ve got an Xbone I don’t use, and a steam library I can’t play (because I don’t have anything to play it on) so all my gaming is done on my PS4.

Now if only they made the Xbox compatible with Steam. If I could play my steam library on the new Xbox it would be a day one purchase for me. Right now I’ve got an Xbone I don’t use, and a steam library I can’t play (because I don’t have anything to play it on) so all my gaming is done on my PS4.

Why do you have a Steam library of games if you have no means of playing them?

Curious

That would defeat the purpose of a console entirely.

Why do you have a Steam library of games if you have no means of playing them?

Curious

Because I’ve had Steam since November 2004 when Half-life 2 first came out.

I’ve been without a gaming PC since about 2013.

Because I’ve had Steam since November 2004 when Half-life 2 first came out.

I’ve been without a gaming PC since about 2013.
At this point the $300-$350 laptops I tagged for Overpressure in the other thread could play all the titles you own at 60fps.

This would run them at 144fps:
But the real killers are the EVOO laptops from Tongfang:

Im anticipating kids asking for this for Christmas 2020 and clueless parents buying the Xbox One X by mistake.

That would defeat the purpose of a console entirely.

While true, Microsoft has made some bold concessions this year to their enclosed systems.

Microsofts largest strength isnt being fully used by making XBox its own enclosed OS.

As a jumper from Xbox to PC a few years ago, i disagree, the fact i can get all of the games on my PC that my kids are playing, is great.

And the fact i dont want them right away, means i get them at a severely reduced price.

As a game enthusiast, i have in my home near every console from the past 10 years(and then some)

Doesn’t making Xbox games playable on Windows (which they’ve done/are doing) defeat the purpose of a console even more??
Yes, but for games purchased through the Microsoft store. That's why the "Play Anywhere" program that lets you play games you purchased once on either platform-- PC or Xbox One-- only does so if you purchased the game through the Microsoft PC or Xbox store.

The whole point of shipping hardware at a loss is that you make money on the software. Xbox has no more reason to partner with Steam than it does to partner with Sony. Sure, Microsoft will sell Sony games, but that's different than letting gamers play their (multiplat) PS4 library titles on the Xbox. If Valve would like to develop a game sometime in the next century I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't mind letting them sell it in their stores.

Otherwise, allowing this would be like Wal-Mart building a new location, but instead of putting a McDonald's behind the counters, putting a mini-Target in there instead. It makes no sense.

Which means PCs and parts of similar specs are going to have a HUGE price drop around the time of the XSX's release, if not before it.

Back