Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

To get the most out of the new generation, and not spend an arm and a leg. Would a guy be better off looking into monitors or TVs? Its for my daughters room, so having the biggest isn't an issue

Uncompressed Scorn images..

Ek8YyvUWkAIvipt

Ek8YyvhW0AM4Sl9

Ek8YyvVWAAAAY0o

Ek8YyvcXYAA1hOv

Ek7qEIhW0AI9WnZ

Ek7qEIjW0AA5X7w

Ek7qEIhXIAIkFS5

Ek7qEIiXIAMvNUD

New Digital Foundry video on testing the Auto HDR

Also IGN has a hands on with The Falconeer

Watched the auto HDR video on my tv. Really like this feature and some of the games looked great.
Hope Sony implements something like this as well. I'm replaying Bloodborne right now and auto HDR would be perfect for this game since it is a dark game.

To get the most out of the new generation, and not spend an arm and a leg. Would a guy be better off looking into monitors or TVs? Its for my daughters room, so having the biggest isn't an issue
Monitors are usually better but there is a caveat here. HDMI 2.1 is needed to run the Xbox at its max potential of 4k@120hz. A lot of gaming monitors have left 2.1 off as a feature since most gamers are using DisplayPort (a different kind of cable). Even for TVs this is a bit of conundrum, as HDMI 2.1 is a very new standard. It’s only been around for about 2 years now. Whichever you buy, I suggest researching to make sure it supports 2.1. This goes for anyone trying to get either of the new systems

Monitors are usually better but there is a caveat here. HDMI 2.1 is needed to run the Xbox at its max potential of 4k@120hz. A lot of gaming monitors have left 2.1 off as a feature since most gamers are using DisplayPort (a different kind of cable). Even for TVs this is a bit of conundrum, as HDMI 2.1 is a very new standard. It’s only been around for about 2 years now. Whichever you buy, I suggest researching to make sure it supports 2.1. This goes for anyone trying to get either of the new systems
Really appreciate the input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back