Xbox Official Xbox Series X thread

NBA 2K24 available on gamepass until August.

Anyone know how to fix controller drift? Someone told me wd-40 may work, but I'm hesitant to try that.
Compressed air has always worked for me. I always keep a few tins at home for the very reason.

Compressed air has always worked for me. I always keep a few tins at home for the very reason.
I'm way more inclined to try that. Not keen on disassembly either. I should buy another one. It's the original that came with the system back in 2020.

Looking like the Digitial Only version (aka "Brooklin") of the Series X is soon approaching, available in White and no shape change

NBA 2K24 available on gamepass until August.

Anyone know how to fix controller drift? Someone told me wd-40 may work, but I'm hesitant to try that.
I have the same problem with my controller I purchased about a year and a half ago. What stick is it? Is it the left stick drifting up? The reason I ask is because it might be the recent firmware upgrade for the feature where you can realign your sticks. There was an Xbox and also controller firmware update available.

The problem I have is I cannot roll back the firmware. I keep getting an error. When I try to connect it to a PC it doesn't work either using the Xbox Acc. app.either OTA or via USB cable.

I am going to try the 90% plus Isopropyl Alcohol and compressed air approach cause a new controller barely over a year old should not have drift especially when it's my 2nd controller.

I have the same problem with my controller I purchased about a year and a half ago. What stick is it? Is it the left stick drifting up? The reason I ask is because it might be the recent firmware upgrade for the feature where you can realign your sticks. There was an Xbox and also controller firmware update available.

The problem I have is I cannot roll back the firmware. I keep getting an error. When I try to connect it to a PC it doesn't work either using the Xbox Acc. app.either OTA or via USB cable.

I am going to try the 90% plus Isopropyl Alcohol and compressed air approach cause a new controller barely over a year old should not have drift especially when it's my 2nd controller.

Did you check to see if it's under warranty still? If it is, they'll send you a replacement for free and free shipping. I had my series-2 go wonky on my but it was out of warranty.

I contacted MSFT and they sent me a new one for $80 and free shipping. They told me to keep the old one too.

If you go that route, make sure you keep all of your attachments as they'll send you the controller only with no d-pad or thumb sticks.

Did you check to see if it's under warranty still? If it is, they'll send you a replacement for free and free shipping. I had my series-2 go wonky on my but it was out of warranty.

I contacted MSFT and they sent me a new one for $80 and free shipping. They told me to keep the old one too.

If you go that route, make sure you keep all of your attachments as they'll send you the controller only with no d-pad or thumb sticks.
90 days from date of purchase and I don't have an extended warranty. I got it from the Microsoft store. It's well out of warranty and they have no repair options. I think it's M$ torpedoing their controllers to get ppl to spend more on their shit hardware.

90 days from date of purchase and I don't have an extended warranty. I got it from the Microsoft store. It's well out of warranty and they have no repair options. I think it's M$ torpedoing their controllers to get ppl to spend more on their shit hardware.

I honestly feel like these controllers are just getting to advanced and it's causing more issues. I've had two Dual sense controllers get drift something I've never had an issue with.

Now with that said my son is dropping these things on tile like they are free so I've had to give him those two and keep two to myself.

Still hit up their warranty website. Like I said, I got an Elite 2 replacement for $80.

This game looks exceptional graphically. When you see the combat in the dark, the lighting is on another level. Visually, this looks like true next gen. Hopefully it's good.

Official Xbox Wireless Headset Is Steeply Discounted At Amazon​

Amazon is matching Target's Circle Week offer on the official Xbox Wireless Headset for console and PC.

4160342-xbox-wireless-headset-1.jpg

"The official Xbox Series X|S Wireless Gaming Headset is discounted to $72 at Amazon and Target. The deal originated at Target thanks to the retailer's Circle Week sale, which you have to sign up for a free Target Circle account to shop. But like usual, Amazon is matching some of Target's best deals, including this Xbox headset offer. At Amazon, you need to click the coupon box to slash an additional $18 off the price and get it down to $72. This wireless headset works on Xbox consoles, PC, and other devices that support Bluetooth.

While there's no shortage of headsets available for Xbox systems, what's nice about this particular model is that visually it fits very well into that console ecosystem. On the technical side, it can wirelessly pair with an Xbox console without the need of a Bluetooth dongle, and it can handle spatial sound technologies including Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Headphone:X.

If you're looking to chat while engaged in a game of Apex Legends or Destiny 2, you can use auto-mute and voice isolation to reduce noise interruption. As for comfort and durability, this headset has a flexible and lightweight design with its adjustable headband, and once fully charged, its internal battery can last for up to 15 hours.

At this price, it's a steal. Best headset that I have for my console. Also, Bluetooth compatible.

Yet another Xbox series x controller of mine has terrible stick drift, again.

I would pay a bit more for one of these fucking things if they didn’t just spontaneously shit the bed 50% of the time. I end up spending more anyway since I have to keep buying them. I’m pretty sure that’s the goal though.

I would pay a bit more for one of these fucking things if they didn’t just spontaneously shit the bed 50% of the time. I end up spending more anyway since I have to keep buying them. I’m pretty sure that’s the goal though.
There are some hall effect Xbox controllers, I've heard mixed on some of them. If you're fine with wired the GameSir g7 is supposed to be good.

There are some hall effect Xbox controllers, I've heard mixed on some of them. If you're fine with wired the GameSir g7 is supposed to be good.
I can’t, unfortunately. My Xbox is too far away. I don’t need my wife tripping on the wire while walking by.

Other options here:

You're not the only one. I've gone through three. Two with stick drift, and one with a wonky left bumper. They're the most fragile controllers I've ever used. Even my current one is starting to have problems with the "A" button. It wouldn't be so bad, if the controllers weren't the same price as a game. It's ridiculous. I remember the days where you could cake a controller in Cheeto dust and throw it off the wall in a fit of rage, and unless you really smashed it good, they'd still work fine. A fucking eyelash falls on these ones and it's game over.

All I want is a wireless "Duke" controller for my series X. I know I'm in the minority, but I just found that thing as comfortable as a big sofa.

All I want is a wireless "Duke" controller for my series X. I know I'm in the minority, but I just found that thing as comfortable as a big sofa.

Hyperkin make one (officially licensed) it comes with a cable but looks like it can be played wireless

They do come in different colours too

Hyperkin make one (officially licensed) it comes with a cable but looks like it can be played wireless

They do come in different colours too

I checked...

It's not wireless for the Xbox. :(

Thanks for looking out though bro!

You're not the only one. I've gone through three. Two with stick drift, and one with a wonky left bumper. They're the most fragile controllers I've ever used. Even my current one is starting to have problems with the "A" button. It wouldn't be so bad, if the controllers weren't the same price as a game. It's ridiculous. I remember the days where you could cake a controller in Cheeto dust and throw it off the wall in a fit of rage, and unless you really smashed it good, they'd still work fine. A fucking eyelash falls on these ones and it's game over.
I had a PS4 for the last generation of console. The controllers still work great. I only ever bought two right when I got the system.
With these Xbox controllers, I have taken great care of them. I wash my hands before using them. I store them in the same place every time I use them so they can’t fall, get stepped on, etc.

But yeah, you could beat someone to death with a SNES controller and it would still work for another 180 years.

I had a PS4 for the last generation of console. The controllers still work great. I only ever bought two right when I got the system.
With these Xbox controllers, I have taken great care of them. I wash my hands before using them. I store them in the same place every time I use them so they can’t fall, get stepped on, etc.

But yeah, you could beat someone to death with a SNES controller and it would still work for another 180 years.

They were just built different. No motion sensors, force feedback, wireless, etc.

These are on sale at Amazon though.

ASUS ROG Raikiri Pro OLED Display

71PG+xR1HrL._SL1500_.jpg

Back