Ok, let's face it, I suck a$$ at MMA betting. I am at 0-3 so far

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
I wired in 50€ 3 months ago and bet 5€ each fight, so I am down to 35€. This was always meant as fucking around money so IDGAF but when this is depleted I am closing my account and calling it quits. I must face the truth that I likely have absolutely no talent calling fights. I admit that I am rustled about discovering that I utterly suck at a game that I genuinely thought I could beat.

- First pick was Hunt against Willis. Thought Hunt would walk away KO that bum. Turns out that WIllis got away with footwork and shitty 1-2s all fight, IIRC.
- Second pick was Lawler (got it at +250) against Askren. I thought it would go like it did until that fucking sub. I swear, 30 seconds before the sub I was thinking "LOL at anyone thinking that Askren even belonged in that cage".
- Third pick was Woodley (got it at -170) against Usman. After Woodley's run I was seeing this more in the -300 or even -400, as I didn't see Usman being potent enough to beat Woodley in the first place.

Thing is, if these same fights with the same odds happened tomorrow I would bet the same way.

3 months ago? 3 picks? And you're calling it quits because you think you suck? Of course you suck you've barely been doing it. I've been sportsbetting online for 11 years and am still learning, there are a lot of lessons to be learned

you've made three bets you have absolutely no idea whether you suck or not. don't worry about the money at first, treat it as paying for your education. start taking it seriously when you have a decent amount of data to look back on.

There are going to be losing streaks and winning streaks.The little bit of positive in losing is that you learn from it.And in some spots you will know what to do in the future.don’t give up just yet.You can make a lot of money with mma patience is also a big part.I won last 3 events Ngannou Naurdiev And a parlay of 3 fighters last event.It was still
hard to pull the trigger cause of all the losses I had in the past.Also had a sick parlay of Kongo Sterling And Ngannou wich I didn’t bet:(But you gotta think it thru till your head hurts.Try to get any bit of important information.Even then you can lose but you have learned something again.

I like betting on fights, it makes them more exciting to watch. I don't expect to make money from gambling because thats next to impossible in the long run although it is nice to get those winnings when your luck is in

Fuck me, I am not over that bullshit stoppage.

Lawler was getting out of that shit and was going to fill dad bod's face with uppercuts for the rest of the fight.

<{MindBrown}>

Dad bod is going to get mauled in the UFC by lesser guys than Lawler. I have said this before and I will say it again, he does not belong in the UFC. Did you see the way he moves? How he comes in with his head down? God damn it Lawler was the perfect candidate to end his career right there.

MY JIMMIES ARE SO FUCKING RUSTLED RIGHT NOW.

{<jimmies}

And fuck you @Clippy you are supposed to make me feel better about it.

Fuck me, I am not over that bullshit stoppage.

Lawler was getting out of that shit and was going to fill dad bod's face with uppercuts for the rest of the fight.

<{MindBrown}>

Dad bod is going to get mauled in the UFC by lesser guys than Lawler. I have said this before and I will say it again, he does not belong in the UFC. Did you see the way he moves? How he comes in with his head down? God damn it Lawler was the perfect candidate to end his career right there.

MY JIMMIES ARE SO FUCKING RUSTLED RIGHT NOW.

{<jimmies}

And fuck you @Clippy you are supposed to make me feel better about it.

Just funnin' round bud - stay on that horse

This was always meant as fucking around money so IDGAF

A lazy capper is a losing capper, so if you truly don't care about the money in your account then you will lose it all eventually. That's pretty much guaranteed.

I got pretty butt blasted when Woodley got the decision nod in the second wonderboy fight, so I feel you. There were a lot of smart people here thinking that Woodley was going to win that fight against Usman. Nothing wrong with being wrong there. Heavyweight is harder to bet too. Keep at it and make some money in the long run

Heavyweight is harder to bet too.

No, it's actually one of the easiest. When I was getting back into MMA betting late last year after 8+ years away from closely following the sport, and learning all the new fighters, new techniques, and new trends, at first I only bet on two things; WMMA and heavyweights.

Why? They were a lot easier to predict, thanks to worse technique and far fewer skills, than all the other divisions.

That being said, if the OP just wants to bet for fun, then he shouldn't worry about losing a little money here nad there. But if he is serious about it, then there is a LOT you have to do in terms of learning techniques, watching tape, knowing the history and evolution of the sport, etc. to ensure success.

No, it's actually one of the easiest. When I was getting back into MMA betting late last year after 8+ years away from closely following the sport, and learning all the new fighters, new techniques, and new trends, at first I only bet on two things; WMMA and heavyweights.

Why? They were a lot easier to predict, thanks to worse technique and far fewer skills, than all the other divisions.

That being said, if the OP just wants to bet for fun, then he shouldn't worry about losing a little money here nad there. But if he is serious about it, then there is a LOT you have to do in terms of learning techniques, watching tape, knowing the history and evolution of the sport, etc. to ensure success.
Fair points. I've been good at predicting certain fighters at HW, Frank Mir for example. I think the only time I was wrong on his fights was against Kongo haha. I'm just getting back into it myself now, I just haven't had the time to do the tape so I've been staying away. I can't stand betting women's because it's just so ungodly boring watching the tape on regional calibre talents haha

you've made three bets you have absolutely no idea whether you suck or not.

I think there's enough clues in his post that says he does in fact "suck" irregardless if he won or lost his 3 bets. Just look what he wrote;

"This was always meant as fucking around money so IDGAF but when this is depleted I am closing my account and calling it quits. I must face the truth that I likely have absolutely no talent calling fights. I admit that I am rustled about discovering that I utterly suck at a game that I genuinely thought I could beat."

He starts by saying he doesn't care about the money. Okay fine. What's the motivation then? Based on what he says in his last two sentences it looks pretty clear what his motivation to get started was, and that was to feed his ego. If a guy is betting primarily to feed his ego, and in turn that ego can't handle a simple 3 fight losing streak, then yeah, I'm going to say he "sucks" regardless if he's made 3 bets or 3 million.

What's the motivation then?

It's that wonderful dopamine.

Or being right. When I've examined my own betting strategies and mindset I found that sometimes I cared more about being right than about winning money. Along with basically eliminating most ball & team sport bets, I've also worked hard to eliminate this destructive mindset.

Yes you suck at betting, please quit

If you're betting, C, I'd want guys like him to do the exact opposite of quitting.

Bet more often please, TS.

These guys competing in the market with you would love as many ego-driven people as they get. Especially those who think that they can somehow get by by making bets that, because they've watched MMA for this many years, are entirely made by some subjectiveness and perception of the fighters they have stored somewhere in their mind.

If you're betting, C, I'd want guys like him to do the exact opposite of quitting.

Bet more often please, TS.

These guys competing in the market with you would love as many ego-driven people as they get. Especially those who think that they can somehow get by by making bets that, because they've watched MMA for this many years, are entirely made by some subjectiveness and perception of the fighters they have stored somewhere in their mind.

To be fair, I largely bet MMA based on subjectiveness and perception of fighters. Some are just better at it and take it more seriously (with more study and analysis) than others.

To be fair, I largely bet MMA based on subjectiveness and perception of fighters. Some are just better at it and take it more seriously (with more study and analysis) than others.

I was more meaning that some people bet based entirely on what they have stored in their brain from the past, P. Guys like you have that same information stored, but you guys are also unclouding and refining it by reviewing tape and whatever else you do in your analysis. You guys know exactly what you're seeing when reviewing that stored information because you've refreshened it to being current. Plenty of you guys are capable of producing decent probability measurements, have good money management skills, are self aware of your own strengths & weaknesses, etc., etc.

I think there's enough clues in his post that says he does in fact "suck" irregardless if he won or lost his 3 bets. Just look what he wrote;

"This was always meant as fucking around money so IDGAF but when this is depleted I am closing my account and calling it quits. I must face the truth that I likely have absolutely no talent calling fights. I admit that I am rustled about discovering that I utterly suck at a game that I genuinely thought I could beat."

He starts by saying he doesn't care about the money. Okay fine. What's the motivation then? Based on what he says in his last two sentences it looks pretty clear what his motivation to get started was, and that was to feed his ego. If a guy is betting primarily to feed his ego, and in turn that ego can't handle a simple 3 fight losing streak, then yeah, I'm going to say he "sucks" regardless if he's made 3 bets or 3 million.

Some of you guys are hard-core bettors with a pro mindset and I respect that a lot.

I am a casual bettor. What is the motivation of a casual bettor ? Either the money (but then that would imply to risk serious money to make serious money), or the fun of being right. Now I don't care about the 50€, that leaves me with the fun of being right.

So far I have been wrong on all my fucking bets. Therefore I suck. Period. Being right or wrong is the only measure of success for the casual bettor. I think you may be trying to see too much in this, with all your ego stuff. You can reduce any form of ambition or goal to "ego" but I think that such wording is bit irrelevant.

Back