Old Rickson sweep

mattemate

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
New to me, though.

Anyone ever seen or used this? What would you call it?

VERY smooth.

He starts like he's about to go into a double ankle sweep with the Y shaped leg frame, but then draws opponent in over it and switches to a flower sweep.

He starts like he's about to go into a double ankle sweep with the Y shaped leg frame, but then draws opponent in over it and switches to a flower sweep.
Not really a flower sweep though. He never releases the sleeve with his right hand.

Now I've heard differentiation between and flower sweep and an armbar sweep or pendulum sweep, but the grip is released in all of those. He keeps sleeve control the entire time with this one.

I'm pretty sure this is on Pedro Sauer's old DVD series. I've seen it somewhere before. I remember being confused because I don't understand where the lift comes from.

I'm pretty sure this is on Pedro Sauer's old DVD series. I've seen it somewhere before. I remember being confused because I don't understand where the lift comes from.
When he drops down he gets his weight way underneath the guy on top then pulls him forward, that's what causes the lift.

When he drops down he gets his weight way underneath the guy on top then pulls him forward, that's what causes the lift.
Oh, you're right. I did a frame by frame view and that's what it is. I agree that I think this is just the Roleta sweep.

Never mind, then. Pedro has a baffling sweep when his guard is broken like that where I think what he does is hold the torso in place (leaning forward) and kicks against the legs, causing the guy to spring into the air kind of like an uchi mata.

Oh, you're right. I did a frame by frame view and that's what it is. I agree that I think this is just the Roleta sweep.

Never mind, then. Pedro has a baffling sweep when his guard is broken like that where I think what he does is hold the torso in place (leaning forward) and kicks against the legs, causing the guy to spring into the air kind of like an uchi mata.
Do you have a video of this sweep?

Back