Media Old videos of Sean Sherk

Underrated. He was always considered 2nd rate because pride nuthuggers thought, for some reason, the LWs in Japan were better. I always thought Sherk would have beat Gomi and most of those other guys due to lack of elite takedown defense, but we never got to see any of them.
He only had the one fight in pride and that was a letdown for me , I really wanted to see him fight Gomi , Kawajiri and Aoki

He only had the one fight in pride and that was a letdown for me , I really wanted to see him fight Gomi , Kawajiri and Aoki
That fight is the definition of ragdolling someone. What did you not like about it?

Sherk vs Kawajiri would have been great

People sleep on Sherk but outside of BJ he's the other guy that would pose major problems for Khabib at LW

Volk v Prime Sherk would be a barn burner

People sleep on Sherk but outside of BJ he's the other guy that would pose major problems for Khabib at LW

Volk v Prime Sherk would be a barn burner

Volk would beat him more handly than Frankie did.
These comparisons are not fair

Sherk was a beast but I was on team Kenflo for that LW TS he won

<mma1>

Not OP, but for me, it was a letdown because it was only 1 instead of having Sean Sherk terrorize Bushido.
Yeah, the guys running PRIDE saw what Sherk was about and didn't think Gomi could beat him which is why he was never invited back.

I was so excited for ufc 84 , great card , Sherk vs Bj was huge at the time , a lot of people thought he was going to melt Bj , good times

Still one of the greatest fight endings of all time...Penn leaving Sherk crumpled against the cage and waving it off himself lol.

That fight is the definition of ragdolling someone. What did you not like about it?
Oh man , I loved his performance, I just wanted him to continue in pride and fight other top pride lightweights, Kawajiri especially, I think that would have been incredible

I use to be roommates with the Muscle Shark. When we got bored we use to rub hot oil on each other's muscle shark buttocks.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Unless you're straight.

Oh man , I loved his performance, I just wanted him to continue in pride and fight other top pride lightweights, Kawajiri especially, I think that would have been incredible
Hell yes! I probably would've picked Kawajiri just based on competition they both had faced up to that point but it would've been good.

Volk would beat him more handly than Frankie did.
These comparisons are not fair
it’s hard to discuss sherk’s “prime” because he was much older than most of the people he lost to (besides hughes), and he fought in the early days when the best training methods weren’t as established. he still ran over most of the people he fought. when he fought frankie, sherk was almost 36—about 8 years older than frankie. that age almost always corresponds with a physical decline, especially at lighter weight classes. but if you look at sherk’s raw physical abilities, and his dedication, it’s not hard to imagine that a younger sherk in his physical prime, with the benefit of modern training, could probably beat most of the top lws. volk is a tough guy, but sherk would have a decent shot.

Michael Chandler carrying on the Sherk legacy of a short explosive stocky wrestle boxer, albeit a lower fight IQ during his UFC run. The Muscle Shark against Josh Emmett would be an incredible featherweight match.

One of my all-time favorites. I absolutely loved his relentless wrestling. I've been watching this HL vid for longer than I can remember, just a nonstop wrestling assault.

To this day, I'm bummed that Sherk let the haters complaining about him being boring get in his head and turn him into a fucking kickboxer against BJ. He should've spammed TDs and tired BJ out making him defend his relentless assault. Instead, he just stood in front of BJ and played human punching bag for him 😠

Underrated. He was always considered 2nd rate because pride nuthuggers thought, for some reason, the LWs in Japan were better. I always thought Sherk would have beat Gomi and most of those other guys due to lack of elite takedown defense, but we never got to see any of them.
I remember that, would have loved to have seen JZ and Hellboy against Penn and Sherk.

Back