Social Oliver Anthony 'aggravated' by conservative news and GOP politicians identifying with his song.

As far as tricks go how bout the actual art of politics , you know smoke filled back room deals being cut ....what do I need to vote for for you to get you to vote for my thing.

So just kind of magically make Republicans abandon their commitments?

Or a super broad appeal to the voters so they come into DC with an unstoppable mandate. Win where ya don't win plus keep where you do ... can you speculate on any ways the democrats could do that ?

You don't think they're trying to do that? "Gosh, why doesn't that one team just score more than the other team? Basketball is so easy, but it's like teams don't really want to win."

Also I wasn't just talking about guns but I don't like they way the democrats act in regards to the first ammendment anymore either.

Huh?

"It's aggravating seeing people on conservative news, trying to identify with me, like I'm one of them."

Viral music star Oliver Anthony feels frustration at the number of political figures and news outlets trying to 'identify' his song 'Rich Men North Of Richmond' with them.

In particular he thought it is funny that they played his song at the GOP presidential debate because "I wrote the song about those people," and "That song has nothing to do with Joe Biden."

His problem is that he doesn't want his message to be seen as something that has a solution. If it does have a solution, then how does it avoid political arguments about how things need to change?

Or maybe he's super religious and believes neither siade of the political dichotomy has an answer, and only god can solve the problems he sings about.

You can't tell someone how to feel about art, even artwork you created.

Well sure, it’s pretty obvious that the RNC and DNC vet politicians and decide who can be elected and who can’t.

As such, Biden is “just the face” of the cabal, as would be any of the schmoes vying for the Rebublican nomination. Weird that he chose to specifically exclude Biden the way he did.
He's just trying to stay out of politics. But that's impossible if he really wants things to change. I think his angle may be that all policiticans are bad and no political change will improve things. Only a return to God and the bible can save us now.

I'm sure that didn't stop him from cashing the check Fox gave him to play his song at the debates.

You can't tell someone how to feel about art, even artwork you created.
Willful misinterpretation tho. "Bidens north of Richmond, the song must be shitting on him. Let's all make videos about it so our audiences think so too."

Donald trump. Top that

Damn I read this as "Donald Trump, top hat"

I thought this was a game where we name a politician and then some clothing.

I was going to go "Hillary Clinton, pants suit"

Willful misinterpretation tho. "Bidens north of Richmond, the song must be shitting on him. Let's all make videos about it so our audiences think so too."
republicans like to wrap themselves in the flag and Jesus. So if Biden is in charge and the song talked about inflation it must be Biden. Republicans voted for that shit too when it was convenient. Don’t worry though. 99.99% of people don’t even know who their congressman is. Nothing will change.

republicans like to wrap themselves in the flag and Jesus. So if Biden is in charge and the song talked about inflation it must be Biden. Republicans voted for that shit too when it was convenient. Don’t worry though. 99.99% of people don’t even know who their congressman is. Nothing will change.

Or congresswoman, bigot.

I identify them all as male

giphy.webp

OK. I don't think it has anything to do with the discussion.
Isn't it less expensive in other places because when government runs healthcare they can often negotiate lower prices; whereas, in America private corporations are more or less happy to pass exorbitant costs onto consumers?

I think that fits into the general idea of America being significantly "less left."

Isn't it less expensive in other places because when government runs healthcare they can often negotiate lower prices; whereas, in America private corporations are more or less happy to pass exorbitant costs onto consumers?

I think that fits into the general idea of America being significantly "less left."
Do you live here? Proposing to raise taxes on everyone and not just the rich is political suicide.

Do you live here? Proposing to raise taxes on everyone and not just the rich is political suicide.
Maybe. Doesn't that fit into my argument that America is significantly "less left," though?

If in the rest of the world it is normal and excepted to collect more taxes in order to pay for an increased level of services, especially "safety net" services, and the populations in those places are willing to do this, in fact demand to do it, because it provides what they consider to be a better way of life... isn't that "more left"?

Back