Social Oliver Anthony 'aggravated' by conservative news and GOP politicians identifying with his song.

Damn I read this as "Donald Trump, top hat"

I thought this was a game where we name a politician and then some clothing.

I was going to go "Hillary Clinton, pants suit"
Bernie Sanders mittens

LOL funny you should say that. We've had back to back provincial and municipal government scandals here recently. The capital city of my province is currently trying to uncover all the bullshit that went on with the last municipal government; the head of the city council fired the guy investigating him for corruption, something like that anyway--I'm pretty fuzzy on the details at this point TBH. They tried hard to cover it up but it kept coming back like a bad burrito lol

I grew up in a small rural town. Said town was awarded a massive amount of federal money to basically rebuild it due to flooding issues. The mayor, who had been mayor probably 30+ years of the town, got busted for fraudulent spending of the money, having their family work fake jobs for the city and a bunch of other nonsense. Ended up with a bunch of people going to prison for many years.

The spouse was elected for mayor a few years later. The town was probably about the size of 4-500 people. It's basically demolished and in ruins now. And the federal government is having to subsized the work even further.its one of the reasons I went into the profession I did.

Deep red state, of course.

A few counties over, the county attorney got caught diverting money away from whatever federal agency helps fun child support delinquency cases. He was billing a fuck ton of hours he never worked and his had wife on payroll. Since he was charge, he had his wife on the payroll and was paying her nearly 120k per year for bullshit work she didn't do and wasn't qualified to do in the first place.

He got caught by our state audit agency along with several other county attorneys and was eventually referred to the FBI. They charged and convicted him for certain, unsure if the other cases rose to that level of fraudulent behavior.

It's hilarious to see republicans wanting local governments to have even more power when the small places like where I grew up are more ripe for fraud than probably anywhere else.

Last edited:
Popping in to say I just listened to "I want to go home" by Oliver and that is another great track. I don't love all of his stuff, but this one is solid. Give it a listen!

He knows what to do. Sign a sponsorship with Bud and Target and profit. Get paid or get canceled one way or the other.

George H W Bush: Miyazawa's vomit covered pants

Well, I give him credit for seeing that he was being astroturfed by the corporate GOP and speaking out against that.

The verse about fat people on welfare is still profoundly stupid, (look up "food desert") and is definitely a reprisal of the Ronald Reagan's "welfare queens."

It's so frustrating because if the aggrieved white working could JUST STAY FOCUSED FOR FIVE FUCKING MINUTES, we could have the revolution already.

<36>

Why won’t the people that I constantly shit on do what I want!!!!!!

Ok so the left is gonna stop calling it a racist dog whistle and praise him now ?
Of course not. They love people on welfare, and he hates that. They think he hates the poor, when the reality is nobody hates welfare leaches more than the working poor
So who does he hate? He shits on the rich and the poor. He's trying to play both sides. Any shitting on the rich will wrangle the libtards, any shitting on the poor will draw cheers from right wingers.
He doesn’t hate the poor. He hates people who leach off the system.

Of course not. They love people on welfare, and he hates that. They think he hates the poor, when the reality is nobody hates welfare leaches more than the working poor

He doesn’t hate the poor. He hates people who leach off the system.
Those are the poorest

This the problem with the left. They want to piss on white working people constantly and call them dummies for not wanting to vote for the revolution...
duh...why would anyone want to side with anyone who thinks so highly of them and shows them so much respect.

Maybe it's that hubris that's in the way of the revolution. It's not like the left ever actually tries to sell populism to these people in any kind of way involves them getting to retain any of the things THEY strongly believe in or feels like any sort of compromise . Feel like lot of that Bernie shit would be easier to pass if say these white aggrieved people were met where they were instead of told where they should be.

But I also have a conspiracy theory on all this. Like the left doesn't fight tooth and nail for that Bernie shit because that would make the Donars mad so they go all in on cultural shit so they can still say they are doing big things while doing nothing about anything that actually matters to working class aggrieved of any stripe. Yea there's a reason we spend all our time talking about queers and ar15s and there hasn't been a spirited debate about national Healthcare or raising minimum wage around here in forever and it isn't that those issues got solved or that these new ones are more urgent.

I'm sick of that line about if only these rednecks would vote for their own self interests as if the democrats don't make them have to pick and chose which interests and beliefs those are or like they know better.

The Bernie shit is never going to pass because the people selling it do nothing but disrespect the people who would likely feel most receptive to it if it didn't come with a lecture and a complete identity make over.
When did Bernie disrespect white working class folks?

I'll help, Biden is a rich man north of Richmond.
I'll make this easy for you.
Joe is one of MANY rich men north of Richmond and still nowhere as Rich as your dear leader, so like Oliver says: 'The song isn't about Joe Biden, it's bigger than Joe Biden."
This isn't difficult stuff.

Back