One judge gave Whitaker round 1

Yep it just reminded me of the reaction after the second Romero fight where everyone just blissfully ignored Whitaker getting dropped like a sack of potatoes three times in the later rounds. That Cecil Peoples mentality of valuing point karate love taps over actual damage and near finishes… “but but but bawby nukkulz brooo”… more like bobby pillows.
Yeah his fan base is cringe extreme. It’s one of those things that is very Illuminating. When sherdog loves a fighter like Whittaker or Moreno, they always go up to bat with ridiculous claims. Much like Moreno got dropped 3 times by figgy just like Whittaker did against Yoel but till find a way to say Whittaker beat Yoel in the rematch, or Moreno won the third fight with figgy.

both statements are comical, now Whittaker won this close to even round where he nearly gets finished “30-27 Whittaker herp-derp”

It’s all so tiresome.

I am firm believer of stealing the round if you land the best strike or series of strikes and almost tonight your opponent. Another great example of this is Shogun vs Anderson at the end of the first 2 rounds.

Yeah his fan base is cringe extreme. It’s one of those things that is very Illuminating. When sherdog loves a fighter like Whittaker or Moreno, they always go up to bat with ridiculous claims. Much like Moreno got dropped 3 times by figgy just like Whittaker did against Yoel but till find a way to say Whittaker beat Yoel in the rematch, or Moreno won the third fight with figgy.

both statements are comical, now Whittaker won this close to even round where he nearly gets finished “30-27 Whittaker herp-derp”

It’s all so tiresome.
I think 29-28 Whit was the right call. Do you?

Only delusional Rob fans gave him the first. He didn't do nearly enough in the rest of the round to outweigh being saved by the bell. It's not really subjective, you're just straight up wrong if you had the first for him.

“throwing back strong combinations” or you mean throwing a few punches back while he was wobbly to try to keep Costa from killing him.

10 seconds more and Robert is finished, saved by the bell.

Maybe, but we know for a fact 60 seconds later Whittaker starts the most decisive round of the fight.

I'd call round 1 a draw, but they effectively don't exist so could be either guys round. A split round is a fairly accurate portrayal.

It’s all so tiresome.
This is exaclty what I'm talking about. If the roles were reversed and Costa was winning that round and Bobby landed the headkick they'd alllllll be bitching Bobby won that round bc Costa was wobbled.
All a buncha contradicting hypocrites

I did too, Whitaker had recovered from that kick within seconds, yes - before the bell. it did not do enough to negate what Whitaker had done for the rest of that round.

WTF?

1) He was still rocked when the bell rang.
2) While Whitaker was ahead in the round, it wasn't by some huge margin.

Maybe, but we know for a fact 60 seconds later Whittaker starts the most decisive round of the fight.

I'd call round 1 a draw, but they effectively don't exist so could be either guys round. A split round is a fairly accurate portrayal.

Volk looked fine 60 seconds later as well. That's a mute point.

Volk looked fine 60 seconds later as well. That's a mute point.

I dunno.

I think what actually happened 60 seconds later should be a significant factor when could have happened 10 seconds later.

He looked fine as the round ended and fine as the new round started.

Back