ONE looking to raise more money from Qataris, future tho shakey

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

The article:

• ⁠ONE Championship has already begun streamlining operations this year with at least two rounds of layoffs to cut cash burn.
• ⁠Source says ONE’s true cash revenue in FY2022 is likely to be just $5-8 million
• ⁠Qataris have been increasingly embarrassed about their involvement with ONE, which has been under the spotlight for its weak financials among other things.

sucks they can't make money. the product is great

I'd really like to know what ONE did with all the funds.

It surely wasn't spent on the product they put out.

Other orgs that failed you could easily point to where money was going out. Usually severely over paying for talent.

Can someone see ONE go down during the coming years?

Can someone see ONE go down during the coming years?

I can sadly see ONE giving up their a lot of things if they do not get a partner soon, one with big pockets, if not first would be go their other business then their Kickboxing then their MMA they will say they will get it back as they focus on their Muay Thai for a bit. Their contract with Lumpinee Boxing Stadium will keep them afloat and I think Amazon will keep them. But like Eagle FC they would have to scale-down.

If Chatri doesn't make a profit soon those Qataris are gonna beat him down like Malykhin/RDR.

Fuck that was one of the coldest beatdowns I've watched in a long time.

“ONE’s runway is expected to expire by Q3 next year” 2024 third quarter need more funds by.

"The term cash runway refers to the length of time that a company has before it exhausts its current sources of funding before it must seek additional capital."

Still can't for the life of me understand why RDR took that fight
He wanted to be triple champ, so he probably figured he could beat the interim hw champ in a defense and then leap frog him for a title shot. Figured all the other big guys are scrubs but guess he overlooked the couple guys who are pretty legit.

Asia-based promotion heading back to 'key markets' - and breaking new ground in Europe - with 'focus firmly back on mixed martial arts'!!

ONE Championship: MMA ‘back in full force’ in 2024 calendar, more than 60 events ‘around the world’​

"Asia-based promotion heading back to 'key markets' - and breaking new ground in Europe - with 'focus firmly back on mixed martial arts' 'Next year is going to be a record high number of events. I think that will get fans and athletes super pumped" CEO Chatri says

Charti promising big return to MMA and to re-focus back to MMA.
Guess money lenders tell One to do as promised.

I know this will be extremely unpopular on here but I think from the perspective of a North American fan that One is not that appealing, I've checked out a few of their cards and keep up on results it just seems that they focus way too much on MT and lighter weight classes which I'm not a fan of but I can understand how the fan base in South Asia would love that and that is who is supporting One for the most part.

I'm not gonna trash One or say its crap but I wouldn't be sad if it went under and Rizin became number 1 in Asia and expanded their roster with the One fighters.

Back