One of the best sports Trilogies ever: DC vs. Stipe?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both the first 2 DC vs. Stipe fights were barn burners. Both ended definitely with non-questionable finishes.

Stipe adapted and game planned well for the rematch adding body punches that were the begining of the for DC. I’d suspect Cormier would put together a good plan for the 3rd fight.

I would love to see these two fight a tie-breaking trilogy fight. This is one of those stories that needs that third fight unlike some lackluster fights that no one wants to see a third fight.

Would DC vs. Stipe be one of the best sports trilogies of all time?

I really thought DC had it down with round one, especially with that take down!

I wouldn't underestimate someone but I knew the longer it went, the better it would be for Stipe!

Well, I had DC easily winning the decision victory up until the end.

DC is on the decline and will only get worse in the third fight. He should cut his losses and get out now. It's possible to imagine him winning the trilogy, Stipe is beatable, but I don't think he should risk it anymore. His 40 year old retirement date was well chosen.

DC is going to retire.. Stipe will fight Francis..

DC is on the decline and will only get worse in the third fight. He should cut his losses and get out now. It's possible to imagine him winning the trilogy, Stipe is beatable, but I don't think he should risk it anymore. His 40 year old retirement date was well chosen.
I agree with all of your post, and selfishly I'd like to see trilogy.

This. I know DC doesn't want to be one of those guys who loses a bunch at the end of their career. No shame in losing your belt to Stipe.

One of the best trilogies, for sure. I want to see it.

It's possible.

I think Stipe would much rather fight DC again instead of the freight train.

I'd like to see DC fight Francis, stipe fight anyone else, and then the winner of dc/Francis fight stipe.

Instant rematches suck and Id like to see ngannou have a little more time to develop before getting another title shot. It's a shame hw is so shitty tho. I dunno who even else is there for miocic to fight.

Nobody was interested in this fight much less a trilogy shit would get 30k buys and Stipe would kill him. DC not surviving another training camp coming off an L. DC will never win a fight he doesn't have the option to grapple in for it's entirety. It will never happen. He'll be retired by tomorrow.

I'd like to see DC fight Francis, stipe fight anyone else, and then the winner of dc/Francis fight stipe.

Instant rematches suck and Id like to see ngannou have a little more time to develop before getting another title shot. It's a shame hw is so shitty tho. I dunno who even else is there for miocic to fight.
Stipe's next fight will no doubt be DC or Ngannou. After that we have Blaydes or Harris if they get 1 or 2 wins.

Stipe's next fight will no doubt be DC or Ngannou. After that we have Blaydes or Harris if they get 1 or 2 wins.

Both Blaydes and Harris are a huge step down from DC and Ngannou sadly.

The HW division is really just DC, Stipe, and Ngannou.

Cyril Gane looks like he's going to be a serious threat to anyone in the heavyweights top ten imho.

Back