One of the best US college woman distance runners ever is unusual - she just set the indoor NCAA 5000 meter record

Dude has to be to be one of the biggest what ifs in sports. Could have broken 2 hours in a legit marathon?

He broke the world record late last year in just his third official marathon (he won all three marathons he raced in). His time was 2:00:35 and it was clear he still had a lot of room to improve.

His next race was going to be Rotterdam in the Spring and he was putting everything into breaking 2 hrs. He told his father shortly before he died that training was going well and he would run 1:58-1:59. There was no reason to doubt him.

Definitely one of the biggest what ifs.

Honestly I wonder what kind of gear she's on, you don't destroy records like that without genetics and let's be honest college athletics are in no way clean.

More interesting than the kombucha bs is the fact that she doesn't run much.

It reminds me of how fighters these days don't spar much. Seems counter intuitive but it appears to be working
I dont believe that for a second. Together with this Kombucha nonsense her goal seems to be getting attention no matter what with these ridicolous claims.

She will run at least 70-80km / week but I expect quite more.
For a time like that you will need technical , speed and distance training sessions. 2-3 / week doesnt cut it.

She is fast, but at 22 also not groundbreaking. The elite is defined by athletes getting around 14:30min and that is a whole other game.

Honestly I wonder what kind of gear she's on, you don't destroy records like that without genetics and let's be honest college athletics are in no way clean.

Its a time you can reach clean. She is 22 and training in professional environment for years now. She has improved around 20seconds in 2 years thats a very normal progression down to around 15min.

Its a good time but in international comparison not that special.

Its a time you can reach clean. She is 22 and training in professional environment for years now. She has improved around 20seconds in 2 years thats a very normal progression down to around 15min.

Its a good time but in international comparison not that special.

I mean sprinters and running in general loves drugs at the professional level so she'd be around it and the right sources. It doesn't really matter anyway it just interests me.

lmao it’s an NCAA indoor record, not an outdoor world record.

Most runners as good as her skip NCAA and go pro early in their careers.

For comparison there is a 23 year old pro woman who just ran a 14:13 5K.

lmao it’s an NCAA indoor record, not an outdoor world record.

Most runners as good as her skip NCAA and go pro early in their careers.

For comparison there is a 23 year old pro woman who just ran a 14:13 5K.

Hah I mean fair enough, so she sucks in terms of the overall scene, check.

Probably the reason why she runs in those little panties is to show everyone that she's not packing a twig and berries
Maybe "she" just has a really strong tucking game?

Reactions: 666

This race from Valby puts her as the 7th best time in the world this year (world lead is 14:42) and is a top 200 all time 5k time, so I wouldn’t go as far as saying she sucks in the overall scene.

My main point was that indoor races are always slower though than outdoors, and it’s an NCAA record and not a world record.

There is no reason to mention PED’s for someone breaking this record.

She doesnt suck at all. sub 15min is always incredible for a woman. For example of world class best female runner from my country Klosterhalfen ran a 14:26 at 23. She has ultrahard doping controls since teenager years (Germany possible being the most strict country on this planet for its athletes) , biological passport...etc and had a environment that shielded her from PED. She is a generational talent.

Like others wrote if you have the talent for the upper echelon you in general dont participate at NCAA indoor at that age. She is still really good but in terms of international elite she is nothing at all.cant compete. Its the jump from around 15 to 14:30 that defines if you will get into the top bracket.

I dont believe that for a second. Together with this Kombucha nonsense her goal seems to be getting attention no matter what with these ridicolous claims.

She will run at least 70-80km / week but I expect quite more.
For a time like that you will need technical , speed and distance training sessions. 2-3 / week doesnt cut it.

She is fast, but at 22 also not groundbreaking. The elite is defined by athletes getting around 14:30min and that is a whole other game.
She’s 22???? She’s the most shot out looking 22 year old female I’ve ever seen.

How do you guys pronounce Kombucha? My wife pronounces it “cam-boo-cha” while my mother-in-law pronounces it “combo-cha”. They’re the only two people I know that drink that shit and I’ve never heard anyone else talk about it irl so I have no idea which one of them is right or if they’re both wrong.

How do you guys pronounce Kombucha? My wife pronounces it “cam-boo-cha” while my mother-in-law pronounces it “combo-cha”. They’re the only two people I know that drink that shit and I’ve never heard anyone else talk about it irl so I have no idea which one of them is right or if they’re both wrong.

I pronounce it dis-cuss-ting

It's japanese si you pronounce the "o" in "kom" not "kam". Also, white people saying "wagoo".

Reactions: 666
Back