• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP ONE on TNT 2: Christian Lee vs Timofey Nastyukhin Apr 14 5:30/8:30 PT/ET Discussion Thread

I think it’s all bullshit. They’re still cutting the same amount of weight. Like wasn’t Moraes a 135er before anyway?
agreed. I'd like to see some of their flyweights make 125 with normal MMA cuts to prove that the hydration thing gives the same general class of fighters at a healthier weight. I think we'd see a lot of them looking like Barao at 135, or conor making 145 lol.

Is that Matt Hume's team? Lol.

Well, there was a lot of discussion after DJ's fight about how "ONE FC tests for hydration, so their 135lbs division is the same as 125 in the UFC, they don't cut weight". Which I don't buy at all. I even saw guys I respect like Jack Slack repeating this. I don't really find it credible. It's true that Moraes made 125lbs in the past, but IMO all these dudes are curently cutting weight in some way.

Not that I'm hung up on DJ losing, it is what it is, he took the fight and got destroyed.

Yes, they have a 125lbs division, which in theory is the same as their former 115lbs divison, which is called Strawweight.
yeah. Any evolve athlete you'll see One trying to make them a thing like Dana white's contender series people are pushed in the UFC.

Strange Elbow to watch. Pair him with Jonathan Haggerty.

Little Whirlwind indeed!!!

That doesn't even work in the UFC game... Nice win.

his technique is spectacular. he hurt kim multiple times in the last round. this just felt like a matter of time.

no idea what the commentary team was watching.

Back