PBP ONE on TNT 4: La Nsang vs De Ridder Apr 28 Disc Thread

Aoki by sub.

I attended a ONE FC event in Bangkok in 2017 and I loved it. I am a big fan of their rules to prevent big weight cutting.

Sage isn't that big, he fought at LW himself not so long ago.

Yeah when he was like 21? Hes made 155 like 3-4 times in his career. I doubt hes going back and if anything he might be at 185 again before 155. Sage has a massive size advantage any way you cut it

Not gonna happen

They don't really cross over anyway, they're in different markets.

They have a lot in common really in that they're both able to bring in the odd ex UFC name (Mighty Mouse, Lineker, Alvarez, Sage in ONEs case) and they both seem to be able to keep hold of their biggest stars and develop talent well.

Yeah when he was like 21? Hes made 155 like 3-4 times in his career. I doubt hes going back and if anything he might be at 185 again before 155. Sage has a massive size advantage any way you cut it

He'll be bigger, but I think Aoki has a humongous skills advantage and Sage hasn't really ever shown to be some killer striker.

They don't really cross over anyway, they're in different markets.

They have a lot in common really in that they're both able to bring in the odd ex UFC name (Mighty Mouse, Lineker, Alvarez, Sage in ONEs case) and they both seem to be able to keep hold of their biggest stars and develop talent well.
One is to Bellator like Bellator is to UFC. The top of the divisions are close but the depth are worlds apart. Especially in the heavier weight classes.

Aokis def way more skilled and the better fighter even now but hes pushing 40 against a much bigger guy. We'll see i guess

Nakashima was bigger also, I thought for sure Nakashima was going to beat him up but Aoki subbed him easily.

One is to Bellator like Bellator is to UFC. The top of the divisions are close but the depth are worlds apart. Especially in the heavier weight classes.

Yeah they haven't got much in the higher weight classes, although I would say I think Aliakbari could well beat any Bellator HW apart from Minakov.

Lighter weight classes are much closer, but ONE's best division is probably Flyweight, which Bellator doesn't have. The LW divisions are pretty close and I would probably contend that ONE has the better fighters at the top of that division. WW is Bellator by a mile as is LHW, MW and FW I would say Bellator too. BW is a bit closer, I wouldn't be shocked if Lineker could beat Archuleta.

Sage is so young. He might not be there yet, but he will eventually be a top 10 guy if he keeps training.

Remember when Sherdog went full hard on for Sage and thought he was some future GOAT? Shit was too funny.

I agree Lee is more technical and fluid but both are young strikers who often implore karate base attacks and athleticism in their offense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sage cracks Aoki to a ko finish

I think it's possible if Aoki decides to stand with him, but Sage generally hasn't shown the best fight IQ either, so I could see him hurting Aoki then deciding to follow him to the ground and getting finished there.

But really most Sage fights that I can recall have involved a reasonable amount of grappling at some point and I can't recall him ever showing especially good TDD, so I think he's in trouble.

Always nice to see an Aoki fight.

Back