Opinions? Cleto Reyes Super Bag Gloves

TylerRyan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can get one, brand new, for $100... so about $70 off of retail.

I can't find many reviews, and thought I'd see if anyone here has experience/opinion. They don't come in standard oz sizes, but it's large which from what I can figure out is supposed to be around 14oz.

I'm fine for sparring gear, so it would likely get tossed into the mix for bag/mitt/pad work.

pros: cheap (relatively speaking)
cons: don't *really* need more gear

thoughts....

Strat would be the man to answer this. I honestly didn't know Reyes made a "Super Bag" glove.....lol.

I guess it's a discontinued item, but one that you can still find.

I know full well I'll likely pick them up in the morning, I just want want my purchase to feel somewhat validated :D

They look identical to Reyes trainers, I have no idea how they are different. Best to shoot ringside an email and ask them.

The Extra Padding Training gloves, maybe?

They look identical to Reyes trainers, I have no idea how they are different. Best to shoot ringside an email and ask them.

I thought the same thing except the trainers come in different ounces. Ringside has these listed in small, medium, large etc. No mention of weight.

I've got a pair of them in large. They're actually marked as 16oz, and they weigh in at 16.5 I think. (Golds were marked as 16 but weigh 18.)

They're a little more narrow and they've got less padding on the face of the glove, but the same or more padding around the knuckle.

fFQ9qr0.png

dBhfSlE.png

Meh... I'm too lazy to email them :p I'll just pick them up.

dport512, those aren't the same. The gloves are actually marked as 'L'. Unless they've changed the markings.

They might not be the same gloves, but they're what I ordered from amazon so who knows...you might as well post some pictures after you get them

TrUzIP0.png

so much post

or confusion

I guess I have no choice but to buy them :D

take pics, review, etc... along with the new suitcases I picked up

and... I lied.

They're the fit cuff training gloves

picked them up.

quick notes.... well made. great stitching. nice leather. a quick round on a bag and i feel they have good impact absorption.

will post pics and more detailed review after using them a bit and when I have time to sit down.

for reference...
http://www.mmawarehouse.com/cleto_reyes_new_fit_cuff_training_gloves/cle-1002.html

Hey nice, you should do a review the fit cuffs seemed to be pretty well priced. But good impact absorption? Do they have different padding compared to their training counterparts?

I have the Reyes Fit Cuffs in Medium (14oz, true weight = 16oz). They're currently my favorite gloves. They have thicker padding over the knuckles than the 16oz Reyes velcro training gloves. The leather's not quite as nice as on the Reyes velcro training glove (not quite as glossy) and I think the stitching might not be as good either. After getting used to them, I pretty much shelved my velcro training gloves.

I'm all damn confused. Did Ringside screw up the name...the pics or both?

Will answer q's shortly, but I didn't pick up through ringside, I was just using their link to initially illustrate as I thought that was the glove (but I was wrong... it happens... just ask the wife).

The Ringside Reyes Super Bag Glove is what it says it is. It's a suped up bag glove. I've never owned Reyes' bag glove, so I can't really speak for the padding on it, but based off of other bag gloves, I would say the Super Bag Glove's padding is somewhere between a regular bag glove and the Reyes training glove. Hence the name "Super Bag Glove"

Used to have a white pair of gloves like that. Then they got blood stains all over them. Absolutely whooped some palooka in sparring because he was talking smack. Dude got busted open early and leaked everywhere, all over canvas, shorts and white gloves. Should have got another colour because blood is tough to get off white gloves. Never looked as good after that. The important thing is that I whooped that fool

Back