Movies Out of these film comedies (Tournament) - Which is the funniest? (Finals Double Overtime)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Airplane

it has to be

BlandDrearyHen-max-1mb.gif

To me, although Airplane is "O.K.", if I'm honest, its so cheesy, and so corny, that I often see the scenes and don't even crack a smile. Its over the top cornball shit.

Dude, you talk about dumb and dumber and also say this. Airplaine is hailed as the greatest comedy ever made.

Feel like i'm in bizarro world, fucking dumb and dumber. I picked the wrong week to quit huffing glue.

Dude, you talk about dumb and dumber and also say this. Airplaine is hailed as the greatest comedy ever made.

Feel like i'm in bizarro world, fucking dumb and dumber. I picked the wrong week to quit huffing glue.

Airplane doesn't even need a plot, it practically doesn't even have one. Its just like 50 skits stitched together to say cheeseball lines. With Dumb and Dumber it actually has a traditional plot and storyline that progresses throughout the film.

Airplane doesn't even need a plot, it practically doesn't even have one. Its just like 50 skits stitched together to say cheeseball lines. With Dumb and Dumber it actually has a traditional plot and storyline that progresses throughout the film.

At least it has actually funny jokes, dumb and dumber have a few but for the most part the entire comedy is based around one gag, that they are both really dumb.

Traditional plot that progresses throughout the film.. that not funny!

At least it has actually funny jokes, dumb and dumber have a few but for the most part the entire comedy is based around one gag, that they are both really dumb.

Traditional plot that progresses throughout the film.. that not funny!

Airplane! is great, but I personally (and all my friends) have never laughed as much in a theater at the first watching as Dumb and Dumber. Obviously, a lot of people here feel the same.

lol you make me sounds like a stripper, but thank you. : - )
I think he’s talking about meat poles.

I think Top Secret! is superior to Airplane, and Something About Mary edges out Dumb and Dumber, but that’s just my preference.

A lot of old movies like airplane get the nostalgia factor. Or the “they don’t make movies like they used to “ vote. People often remember things better than they actually were bc the thought of the movie brings back memories of a happy time and place.

not saying it isn’t funny. Just saying much like blazing saddles it probably gets a lot of votes bc it was a trailblazer of a movie. It’s like saying Royce is the best BJJ player in UFC of all time.

Airplane! is great, but I personally (and all my friends) have never laughed as much in a theater at the first watching as Dumb and Dumber. Obviously, a lot of people here feel the same.

Yea it made me laugh as well. Listen, it was a very good movie so i don't want to shit on it. Both dumb and dumber and ace, they made me laugh and they are rewatchable. So its really fine, down to personal choice. But i am surprised by the result.

A lot of old movies like airplane get the nostalgia factor. Or the “they don’t make movies like they used to “ vote. People often remember things better than they actually were bc the thought of the movie brings back memories of a happy time and place.

not saying it isn’t funny. Just saying much like blazing saddles it probably gets a lot of votes bc it was a trailblazer of a movie. It’s like saying Royce is the best BJJ player in UFC of all time.

Fair point. It does get points for being a trailblazer. But i think for most sherdoggers, dumb and dumber has a bigger nostalgia factor. It came out 28 years ago, thats when most of us were kids or teenagers right?

Actually don't know what the majority age here is, id guess late 20s to mid 40s.

No it isn’t

Back