Overeem doesn't see Alex Pereira as a champion

Do you see Pereira as a real champ or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, I missed this thread. I wish I could have voted. Reem knows.

Poatan: Beats the current and former middleweight champion, and two light heavyweight champions

Overeem: I don't see him as a champion.

If Jan could have submitted or get a GNP stoppage on the mat, he would have. He had plenty of opportunity. Alex has solid counter grappling at this point, its plain to see. He's never going to be an offensive submission guy but why would he?

Overeem is always going to be a fun guy, but his career speaks for itself. He almost immediately got busted for PEDS upon joining the UFC, shrank, then resumed getting knocked out every third fight. Imagine getting knocked out by guys with the skill level of Travis and Bigfoot and having something to say about Alex.
This

Alex is much better. Reem juiced and beat the shit out of guys with pure power. Reem has good stand up but no chin and not Alex level.
Reem lasted a long long term as an elite fighter but he was always flaky, never had a run of consistently beating elite opponents for several years.

That's a tough one sir.
Alex is double champ in Glory, but Reem won a K1 tournament.
reem won k1 when those were some roidy mofos. take it as a positive or a negative, im just supplying information.

potopan only eats cactus and monkey meat and snakes cause hes from the jungle. reem ate horse meat.

That's a tough one sir.
Alex is double champ in Glory, but Reem won a K1 tournament.
I would argue when Reem won the Grand Prix he got a little bit lucky with how the tournament played out.
If Saki didn't break his arm vs Ghita and actually made the fight harder on Reem and Aerts didn't do the fucking impossible again and won vs Schilts, Reem might have not won the Grand Prix.

Hurts me to even write this, I was an huge Reem fan back as a little dipshit but Alex is the better Kickboxer and Alex is not really known for being technically sound.

Just because he's beatable and has a grappling deficit doesn't mean he's not a real champion. Weird perspective.

Reactions: Ruv
He's Kod 4 champions. Izzy, Strickland, Jiri, Hill.... how is he not a real champion.

Reem lasted a long long term as an elite fighter but he was always flaky, never had a run of consistently beating elite opponents for several years.

He had one consistent run until he got caught with roids. His DREAM + Strikeforce run and the first UFC fight he looked like an unbeatable giant.

He had one consistent run until he got caught with roids. His DREAM + Strikeforce run and the first UFC fight he looked like an unbeatable giant.
That was probably his best run in MMA but still most of it wasnt really top level guys, Rogers, Werdum and Lesnar were the only ones I think would have been ranked top 10 at the time, maybe Hunt but that was during his very bad run of form post Pride.

His K-1 run during that time was good as well but he still lost to Remy and the rematch with Hari.

I think Alex run since 2017 in Kickboxing and MMA is significantly more impressive than that personally, only 2 loses during it vs guys at the very very top who he also beat amongst a dozen elite wins.

Last edited:
That was probably his best run in MMA but still most of it wasnt really top level guys, Rogers, Werdum and Lesnar were the only ones I think would have been ranked top 10 at the time, maybe Hunt but that was during his very bad run of form post Pride.

His K-1 run during that time was good as well but he still lost to Remy and the rematch with Hari.
He did have his moments after that here and there. The jds ko, hunt ko, mir and Roy were completely dominated and he almost beat stipe when they fought for the belt

He did have his moments after that here and there. The jds ko, hunt ko, mir and Roy were completely dominated and he almost beat stipe when they fought for the belt
Again I think what really made him stand out career wise is that he lasted 20 years(ish) as a high level MMA fighter/kickboxer.

Who has the better Kickboxing career Alex or Alister?

Alex had a more consistent one, and overall deeper one I'd say. His weight class was pretty solid when he was competing, while Reem won the literally last relevant K-1 big boy Grand Prix, which frankly was starting to show its age.

Reem had a big upset win Badr (then lost to him), a good win vs Aerts, and a very credible performance against Bojansky.
His actual GP 2010 win involved a comically smaller Spong, basically a bye vs Saki who had a broken arm, and then old man Aerts who fought a hard won decision vs Schilt in his previous match.

i do tend to think he got a little lucky in the jiri fight. with what jiri and his camp have alluded to with the difficulties before the fight.... but he whooped jamal's ass fair and square. the herb messing up his concentration or whatever is complete bullshit. and what about jan? i mean, he fought a pretty good fight. i dont think his holes are that big. and he presumably is getting better all the time

Back